PDA

View Full Version : Not Being Able To Sleep

ThePatriot
06-18-2002, 04:58 AM
well, its not 6:02 am, i put myself to bed at 3:30, wasnt able to sleep at all. I have recently been having this happen, its why i stay up all night, cant get to bed otherwise. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions to get one to sleep better? Eat something or drink some certain thing before bed? Anything, because this is really starting to irk me.

Load SM5
06-18-2002, 06:57 AM
Try reading a book. That helps me nod off every time.

oldsoldier
06-18-2002, 08:33 AM
I have had insomnia my whole life. It happens about once a month to me, where I will seriously not sleep for 3 days. It has been diagnosed as a medical condition, and I am told to take sleeping pills. I dont really like to take medicine unless I absolutely have to, so I usually suffer through it.
What I usually try to do is relax. Here is how I do it; First, start with your feet. Move them, recognize the muscles there. Then, conciously relax them. Once they are completely relaxed, move on up your body.
Sometimes it works, sometimes not. It takes a little while to get used to it...I thought it was stupid when my Dr told me to do it, but it does work.
If that doesnt work, try Bushmills:D

FatMan
06-18-2002, 09:06 AM
OK, based on your age you should probably consider releasing some hormonal tension! Research suggests its actually GOOD for you and it will help you relax better than anything!

Plus its fun.

If you don't know what I'm talking about read the love doctor column at maximonline.com

FatMan

gibby
06-18-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by FatMan
OK, based on your age you should probably consider releasing some hormonal tension! Research suggests its actually GOOD for you and it will help you relax better than anything!

Plus its fun.

If you don't know what I'm talking about read the love doctor column at maximonline.com

FatMan

HAHA! I was going to mention trying to exercise to fatigue your body but I think FatMan has the better idea! Is it me, or does FatMan always know how to take a thread to a different level? :D

Sorry about your sleeping problems Patriot! Have you tried investing in a new bed? Something more comfortable? Like my friend told me when I first bought my new bed, "investing in your sleep is like investing in your happiness." Ever since I bought my new bed, I've never had any problems sleeping. Actually, the only problem I have right now is having to wake up! It's just so much harder to do now. ;)

However, if you're sick and hacking all night long, that new bed isn't going to do much but that's just a technicality. :D

Jonno06
06-18-2002, 09:46 AM
lol fatman......thats great....

try listening to music....on low,so u can barely hear it,and not that slipknot poop:).

u can also try sleeping pills,nyquil.....and such

Bonx0007
06-18-2002, 09:46 AM
I am lucky. My bed is cursed. When ever I or anyone else lays in it they fall asleep within minutes. It is a fact. it happens to everyone that lays in it its kinda wierd. :confused:

FactsOfLife
06-18-2002, 09:52 AM
I take Melatonin. Works like a charm and no "sleeping pill leftover" when I wake up.

paintbattler
06-18-2002, 12:15 PM
try doing sumthin to get u tired. lol

Miscue
06-18-2002, 12:19 PM
I agree totally Fatman... :)

FatMan
06-18-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by gibby

Is it me, or does FatMan always know how to take a thread to a different level? :D

I have absolutely not idea WHAT you are talking about :rolleyes:

FatMan

RT_Luver
06-18-2002, 12:33 PM
take some night quil. or run around outside naked for 3 minutes non stop. either it will tire you out or embarrass you enuf that you brain will fall asleep faster then you can et in your room. but on the serious side, take some benadryl. it has things in it that mkae you drowsy

RT_Luver
06-18-2002, 12:35 PM
OK, based on your age you should probably consider releasing some hormonal tension!

Plus its fun.

so your gettin at what? if its what I think.... my mom shouldn't read this

FatMan
06-18-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by RT_Luver

so your gettin at what? if its what I think.... my mom shouldn't read this

Don't worry, your mom knows all about it!

FatMan

theraidenproject
06-18-2002, 01:05 PM
Watch some CSPAN
edit - i said CNN, when I meant CSPAN.

ThePatriot
06-18-2002, 01:29 PM
Ahhh, fatman so you mean go into the bathroom and try to pop some pimples??? Or do you mean clean the grease off my face, lol. No i am joking, and believe me, if it were as easy as that fatman, i would do it, but you see its not as easy as, 1, 2, 3.

FatMan
06-18-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by ThePatriot
if it were as easy as that fatman, i would do it, but you see its not as easy as, 1, 2, 3.

OK, so what is it you AREN'T telling us? What's got you so strung out you can't sleep? Guys your age normally sleep like crazy - something is going on! If spankin' the monkey don't bring any relief, then there must be some kind of issue in there stirring up the water.

FatMan

SlipknotX556
06-18-2002, 06:30 PM
Fatman me and Patriot dont sleep. We play counter strike all night and go into the next day playing it. The game is very adictive and once you pop you cant stop. So the only reason my brother dont sleep is because he just got this pimp computer and he cant stop playing counter strike.

ThePatriot
06-18-2002, 06:40 PM
No kyle, i play CS cuz i cant sleep, not the other way around. Fatman, we will see tonight if i can get some sleep. When i do sleep, i sleep for a LONG assed time, the other night i went to bed at 2:30 and woke up at 5:30pm, 15 hours of sleep. It is just getting to sleep thats the problem.

jah871
06-18-2002, 08:25 PM
drink until you pass out, or you can take some night quil that will knowck ya out.

-Jôker-
06-19-2002, 02:47 AM
what fatman says gets me right to sleep.... nuff said :rolleyes:

FatMan
06-19-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by ThePatriot
No kyle, i play CS cuz i cant sleep, not the other way around. Fatman, we will see tonight if i can get some sleep. When i do sleep, i sleep for a LONG assed time, the other night i went to bed at 2:30 and woke up at 5:30pm, 15 hours of sleep. It is just getting to sleep thats the problem.

Interestingly enough, I have found that playing video games tends to work like coffee! Not only can I stay awake playing them, but after playing for a few hours I can't it get to sleep. My mind gets all cranked up and I just can't get it to shut down.

Try laying off the vid games and using bad TV, reading, etc. to relax for a good 2 hours before bed. Then FatMan's secret sleep aid once you are there!

And stay away from booz and nyquill - that actually screws with your sleep and reduces the quality of it (though it helps you GET to sleep I agree).

FatMan

MantisMag
06-19-2002, 09:32 PM
you shouldn't play counterstrike when you can't sleep. you'll never get to sleep that way. way too much visual stimulation. i suggest more exercise during the day. not right before bed though. i always have problems falling asleep when i'm not getting enough exercise (which for me means i have to work out until i can't move).

fatman's suggestion doesn't seem to work for me. problem is once i've done it once i want to do it again. and again. and again... then i've got this huge mess and i've lost half the night. more trouble than it's worth. perhaps i need some other method of releasing tension.

paintbattler
06-19-2002, 09:43 PM

Plus its fun.
ok ur weird.

FatMan
06-19-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by paintbattler

ok ur weird.

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about! :rolleyes:

Mantis - I don't know what to say. You must be doing something wrong! :D

FatMan

ThePatriot
06-19-2002, 10:11 PM
Lol, Mantis is totally correct.....