PDA

View Full Version : Cocker LP Bolt Poll

V-Viper
06-18-2002, 06:28 AM
There is alrdy a thread for the LP valve, and I tink im going to go with the Sonic Kit , that includes everything. But I need to chose a LP bolt to go along with it.

manike
06-18-2002, 07:03 AM
AKA Lightning bolt all the way.

manike

V-Viper
06-18-2002, 07:20 AM
Manike do you still have the ANS ? And is it for LP.

manike
06-18-2002, 07:24 AM
I have both. The ANS is nice and easy to take out... but the AKA is much, much, better in my opinion.

Wasn't all that fond of the ANS other than the ability to take it out and put it back in :)

manike

V-Viper
06-18-2002, 07:27 AM
but it looks so cool on your cocker:D , i know it should all be on how it works, but how does th AKA look on it:)

manike
06-18-2002, 07:40 AM
the AKA is black and looks fine... maybe not quite so cool, but performance makes up for it plenty.

manike

FeelTheRT
06-18-2002, 07:43 AM
i've done a few trial tests with the ANS and the stock 99 bolt. From the results, both got similar velocity so that proves that the ANS does not flow any better than teh stock open face bolt. Also, the edges on the ANS are pritty thin so it isn't exacly very good for ball pinching.

V-Viper
06-18-2002, 07:44 AM
in your opion which would look better the black or nickel plated? Im planing to get a chrome trigger frame , but im having troblue with a mental picture:) school has fired my brain.

manike
06-18-2002, 08:06 AM
I completely agree with FeeltheRT in that the edge of the ANS is sharp and not good for pinching instead of chopping.

Black or Nickel is good. I have black and it looks great.

manike

V-Viper
06-18-2002, 08:14 AM
Now i know the bolt, valve effect the LP system, but does the REG, or ram have anything to do with it, other than setting it low. Any ideas of a good one, as of now im planing to get the WGP sprial.

manike
06-18-2002, 08:24 AM
For the LPR reg the best is by far the Rock from Palmer. I wouldn't go for anything else on a cocker.

The inline reg, well the WGP ones aren't bad at all. The ergo reg is actually a very capable performer. Otherwise a sidewinder or a Gladiator would be tempting.

Again Palmer Ram seems to be the best.

manike

V-Viper
06-18-2002, 08:32 AM
Ok dumb question, are the LPR reg and inline reg, the same piece on a cocker, just one being a LP , and an other for highflow? gez maybe you should go to the chat room :) i got a few more questions, many about the DYE 3 way im planing on getting, do oyu kno anything about ow it works, I heard you dont need a cocking rod with it, true?

manike
06-18-2002, 08:41 AM
V-Viper... I gather this is your first cocker and you are building it from scratch? Some of your terminology is rather out.

The LPR goes on the front block and is NOT the same as the inline reg.

The cocking rod is at the back of the gun and completely seperate to the 3-way. It screws into the hammer...

:)

manike

V-Viper
06-18-2002, 08:52 AM
...I knew that:D

Just read this info this is what messed me up,

http://www.paintballgateway.com/dyepmp3way.html

cphilip
06-18-2002, 09:18 AM
I'll certainly second the AKA Lightning so far... and the Palmer Rock LPR (although I have little experience with any of them, thats just what I happen to have and they seem real sweet). Some of the more experienced Cocker guys have seen and felt these for me and they are impressed. In fact I believe at least one of them is now buying an AKA Lightning.

I also I have an Air American Vigilante Reg. and it performs pretty well from what I can tell. Also has some nice freatures that make it look nice as well.

mykroft
06-18-2002, 09:42 AM
I'd go with the WGP Tickler over the Rock, and the STO Ram.

The Rock is good, but pricey, and the Tickler is quite an improvement over the Sledgehammer. The Palmer Ram is problematic in my experience(Leak issues), while the STO Ram is equally smooth, and much more reliable.

Bolt wise, Either the AKA Lightning or Shocktech Supafly, depending whether your emphasis is on pure LP (Lightning) or overall performance (Supafly), as I find that the lighter Supafly cycles a bit quicker.

For your inline, the Ergo reg is excellent, so is the AA Vigilante, but my favourite is the Max-Flo (Now available as an inline)

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
06-18-2002, 08:22 PM
Go with the MacDev Sonic Ying Yang Bolt

THE BEST IMO

You can get that bolt here (http://www.vital-paintball.com/products/Sonic%20YinYang%20Bolt.htm)

WicKeD_WaYz
06-19-2002, 12:03 AM
ide stay with wgp parts..i said sto