PDA

View Full Version : Will the level 10 help out in the rain?

WesternRT
06-18-2002, 09:45 AM
I have a 99 RT that ive been using for about 8-9 months so far. Overall a great gun, shoots straight and hard, never a problem......unless it rains. As soon as the first drops fall i might as well go home. Turns into a total blender. Ive tried to fix the problem by running the stock barrel (no porting) and covering the powerfeed with plastic wrap to keep rain out. Still chops. I have my RT up for sale right now as this rain problem has cost me more then a few games so far. Had to drop out of the NCPA nats after the first round cause 4 of us were shooting mags and chopping like mad. So will the level 10 system stop the rain chop or is that yet to be determined? I want to switch to a Matrix but i may hold off if this can fix my #1 problem.

paintbattler
06-18-2002, 10:03 AM
is it chopping or breaking in barrel..if its chopping lvl should help it. if its breaking in barrel, no it wont help it

FrAuStY
06-18-2002, 10:07 AM
The LVL10 will greatly reduce chops period... your problem is coming from a humidty change brought about by the rain. It should definately be an improvement for you. But if your paint gets soaked..of courses..its gonna rip and tear.

Cypres0099
06-18-2002, 10:30 AM
Paintbattler - Wasn't half the point of level 10 to reduce breaks down the barrel? I know all we've seen is videos of it not chopping but Tom also said as a result of the bolt speed, breaks pretty much just go away.

RT_Luver
06-18-2002, 11:18 AM
well, if the rain is preventing the ball to drop down into the breach...well then Lvl 10 will help. if theball is getting down the barrel and breaking, then I dont know if any gun is truly safe

RT_Luver
06-18-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Cypres0099
Paintbattler - Wasn't half the point of level 10 to reduce breaks down the barrel? I know all we've seen is videos of it not chopping but Tom also said as a result of the bolt speed, breaks pretty much just go away.

he found out that the reason for ball breaks is because the bolt was sometimes "knocking" the ball in the stack while shooting the current one. to stop this, he made lvl 10 have to different "gears" you could say and so once its safely past the ball in the stack it moves up faster and shoots. thats how he found that ball break in general happen so I guess you could say that it prevents barrel breaks in a way