PDA

View Full Version : Does Lvl10 make the trigger lighter?

Jack_Dubious
06-18-2002, 09:49 AM
I havent seen anyone ask this yet..

Since Lvl10 is putting less pressure on the bolt (initially at least), is the trigger pull significantly lighter then?

JDub

ps-my order has been placed :)

FrAuStY
06-18-2002, 10:10 AM
It may be slightly lighter but not much... the only thing that would be less would be the recoil since the bolt is lighter weight. It may take alittle while for the trigger to lighten some since you'll be breaking in a new bolt. I'm so excited about the LVL10... got mine coming :D

Vegeta
06-18-2002, 10:19 AM
No. It should not effect the trigger at all. The sear is still doing the same thing. The mod does not change anyhting to do with the on/off pin or the pressure against it.

Jack_Dubious
06-18-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Vegeta
No. It should not effect the trigger at all. The sear is still doing the same thing. The mod does not change anyhting to do with the on/off pin or the pressure against it.

I know it does not change the on/off. The on/off is not the only part to the trigger. Im talking about pressure against the sear. If im not mistaken the bolt is pushing against the sear with less force. This should have some..a little at least...lightening of the trigger...

(friction of sear + pressure on on/off) = trigger pull

heh...thats my basement physics for ya :)

JDub

John Sosta, AGD Europe
06-18-2002, 11:06 AM
jack is on the right path the pull will be lighter.

RT_Luver
06-18-2002, 12:13 PM
it wont have a huge impact on the weight of the trigger. but heck...when has the trigger of the automag been bad?

paintbattler
06-18-2002, 12:54 PM
i dont think it does..