PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 Closed Bolt Firing?

Paul La Rue
06-18-2002, 11:24 AM
By the look of the Animation, is the level 10 actually firing in a "closed bolt" fashion?
Sort of like what some of the "other" marker manufactures claim that although their marker is a blow forward, it fires as a closed bolt?

I know there is no difference with closed/open, just something to bring up to all the closed bolt believers. ;-)

I'm looking forward to this upgrade. My Emag is already on the way to AGD and my superbolt is already there. I'll get a review up on Pballcanada.com as soon as possible.

Patron God of Pirates
06-18-2002, 11:27 AM
Mags have always fired from the closed bolt position. The air blast isn't released until the bolt has already sealed the breach.

Paul La Rue
06-18-2002, 12:05 PM
If the breach is sealed, why is there any blow back?

Kaiser Bob
06-18-2002, 12:09 PM
If there is any pressure in the barrel when the bolt retracts, that results in blowback. IIRC the mag bolt retracts before the ball leaves the barrel resulting in air escaping out of the breech hole.

RT_Luver
06-18-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Paul La Rue

Until AGD made the long nose bolt, their was a space at the tip of the bolt that had ait holes that caused blow back

Miscue
06-18-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Paul La Rue

There isn't

Paul La Rue
06-18-2002, 12:26 PM
Miscue I meant in the older mags, not the level 10's.

There's still a little blowback with the longnose bolt, not as much but a little...

Anyways, thanks for the info guys.

BlackVCG
06-18-2002, 01:14 PM
It's all about tuning the system so you have no blowback. It's just like with a Cocker, if it isn't tuned right, you get blowback and other problems. With the Mag, it all has to do with how the PT tip is shaped, the tension on the spring, when the air is released and for how long and many other things. Just because it releases air down the barrel doesn't mean there won't be residual pressure that wants to go back up the feed tube.

paintbattler
06-18-2002, 01:19 PM
i always thought that the mags did use blowback designs...

Butterfingers
06-18-2002, 01:58 PM
ALL markers close thier bolt before firing...

Closed bolt refers to the resting position of the bolt when the gun is at rest.

Butterfingers
06-18-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by paintbattler
i always thought that the mags did use blowback designs...

a mag is a blowforward gun. It does not resemeble a blowback in any way shape or form

Nomad
06-18-2002, 02:11 PM
A blowfoward and a blowback are only the same in the fact that they are both open bolt markers. That's pretty much it.

pumpamatic
06-18-2002, 02:12 PM
Blowbacks are called so because air 'blows back' the bolt into the open position. A spring delivers the bolt to it's closed and firing position. In a mag, it's the opposite. The air pushes it forward and then fires, and the bolt spring pushes back into the open position.

I think what this guy was asking was if AGD would claim their new level 10 to be closed bolt operation, similar to what the Matrix falsely declared to be.

FrAuStY
06-18-2002, 03:34 PM
Really...to me... IMHO... I could careless wether the mag shoots closed bolt or not... it shoots consistent, clean, FASTER THAN ANY OTHER MARKER ANYWHERE! and NOW WITH LVL10 CHOP FREE!!! WOOT!

But yes... AGD mags are blowforward, spyders/clones are blowback, and cockers..are of course.. closed bolt. They are the only guns I know of where the bolt is staionary at the point the gas is released to propel the paintball. Correct me if I'm wrong :)

headcase
06-18-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by FrAuStY
Really...to me... IMHO... I could careless wether the mag shoots closed bolt or not... it shoots consistent, clean, FASTER THAN ANY OTHER MARKER ANYWHERE! and NOW WITH LVL10 CHOP FREE!!! WOOT!

But yes... AGD mags are blowforward, spyders/clones are blowback, and cockers..are of course.. closed bolt. They are the only guns I know of where the bolt is staionary at the point the gas is released to propel the paintball. Correct me if I'm wrong :)

You asked for it :)

other closed bolt markers :

PPS Semis
Tyhoon
Blazer
Stroker
Hurricane

AKA Excalibur
Smart Parts Shocker
All pumps :)

and I'm pretty sure that the Soverign is as well.

Those are just the ones that are commonly available, there are many more custom made one offs.