PDA

View Full Version : Automag needs some serious help

P8ntballnRyan
06-18-2002, 12:35 PM
Here's the skinny...I recently took apart my valve and did the routine maintainence, etc. Now the gun shoots fine if what a second between shots BUT, during rapid fire, it short strokes, shoots two balls like an RT (no not double feeding, 2 per trigger pull) and has some serious shootdown. What do I need to do to fix this problem.

Thanks for all the help,
Ryan

FrAuStY
06-18-2002, 01:28 PM
It depends on what you did during the routine maintainence. Did you take the REG off the valve? (Backhalf is the reg) Normally if you have velocity problems it has to do with the reg seat, clear urethane disc between the two parts. Make sure this is clean and lightly lubed.

With the double shots per trigger pull it sounds like the trigger rod may have been lengthened? Maybe you put the on/off pin in upside down? Possibly the field strip screw isn't tightened all the way down.
What did you do when you cleaned it? What all parts were removed/lubed etc?

*EDIT* HAH My names Ryan too..imagine that lol

P8ntballnRyan
06-18-2002, 04:37 PM
okay well the disk is good the on/off vavle is correctly assembled and all the screws are in. maybe a kinked hose? and there is no way my trigger rod is lengthed because i can't even turn it without pliers. Any other suggestions?

Tom Sparkman
06-19-2002, 01:47 PM
If you took the reg apart, you will need to replace the reg seat.

Here's a classic post about this:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7291

Tom

paintbattler
06-19-2002, 03:11 PM
check ur nubbin...try a V nubbin