PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had any problems with Paintballgear.net?

MCollier
06-18-2002, 08:35 PM
Anyone? I heard good things about the store, and their prices speak for themselves, but Ive had a ****ty experience with em.

I was ordering a new tank and mask. Initially I was ordering a 45ci 4500psi PMI tank, but it was backordered. The mask I was ordering was backordered as well. When the mask came in they told me I could speed up my order by switching tank brands. I told them they could switch it to a Crossfire 45ci 4500psi tank if it would expediate things. We were communicating via e-mail up to this point.

The guy accidently changed it to a 68ci 4500 Tank, and I emailed him telling that he did. I dont know if he didnt get the email or ignored it or something, but it never got changed. I called monday when their customer service was open but I guess it was too late or something, it was already "shipped", so I said **** it, 68 is fine (which it is). The guy said he would work on getting it changed, if he could (there was a chance he could have stopped it from leaving the warehouse). I left him my number and he was suppose to call back, but never did. Credit card was charged, items were listed as shipped, invoice recieved, so I assumed it had gone out.

The shipping was UPS ground and a 3 day delivery was estimated, and the item had shipped out early on monday. Friday rolls around and nothing is here. Today (tuesday) I decided to call, since my UPS reference number wasnt working (I assumed the link was messed up on the order status page, as a few of the links are broken or direct you to the wrong page). I talked to them today and they said for some reason it was possible, that they may not have actually shipped it. That they didnt have UPS pick it up. I ordered my stuff around May 26th, its now June 18th and nothing has been delivered. Im not very happy. The guy was going to investigate it on the warehouse computer and call me back tommorow. As far as Im concerned they can give me next day air or shove it and give me my money back. Ive waited long enough for this crap to come, should have been here last week. Whatever, maybe this was just a fluke experience, but I wouldnt deal with this store again, even if they have very good prices. Guess Ill be shopping at the various New England Proshops from now on, cuz Im sick of playing telephone tag with various customer service reps trying to get my order straightened out.

TransMan
06-18-2002, 08:40 PM
Yup i here with ya man ive been waiting three weeks for my back orderd Raven Nuvis :mad:
They have the best selection of stuff on their website they just dont have any of it in

Mav D MagMan
06-18-2002, 08:43 PM
Well once they sent me a 90* fitting instead of a 45* gas line fitting like I wanted, but no biggie it was ok. Other than that their products arrived on time, well packaged and neatly arranged. I gave them the thumbs up... Sorry to hear of your troubles with them though.

Mav
Satisfied customer

Sir Chopsalot
06-18-2002, 08:43 PM
Yea I have ordered 3 times from them. Twice they messed up the order and I got something other than what I wanted, but they have been more expensive and better so....well just though I would share.

Vash02
06-18-2002, 08:49 PM
Wow i must say that im surprised that someone had problems with pbgear. i only deal with pbgear or skanline. ive ordered about 3 times from them (not including times ive ordered paint wich is probly 10 or more times) Even though i find them reliable, its sad that everyone else doesnt have the same good experience in dealing with them.

Coaster
06-18-2002, 09:11 PM
i have ordered from pbgear only one time, but the order seemed to go through and everything was fine... My bad experience was with acepaintball.com I ordered a 51ci crossfire stubby and got there e-mail, it said that it was backordered(was not shown on site) so i decided to e-mail them back and cancel it. I never got an e-mail back from the telling me that they canceled it, so i sent another. About 4 weeks after the order and cancelation i got an e-mail saying that they had shipped my order. I e-mailed them once again saying i did not order this product and they never responded to that either. It has been about a month know that i have had the tank and i havn't been able to call them because of their hours that they are open. I would not reccomend Acepaintball to anybody... just don't want anybody else to have to go through such terrible service and support, like i did.

MikeCouves
06-18-2002, 09:18 PM
I have been on these boards for a while and I have heard alot of stories like MCollier's. Too many, so I don't plan on doing any buisiness with them any time soon thank you.

RT_Luver
06-18-2002, 10:38 PM
I HATE pbgear. when I had an autococker(the bad days of my life) i had ordered some things and a couple of them were backordered. athey said they should get them in in about 2 weeks so i waited and waited and waited and waited sme more till about 4 weeks were over e-mailed them and they said that they were still waitin for the stuff to come in> i had ordered it on July 15 and I waited until september 30 and NOTHING EVER SHOWED UP adn they never did get those things back in stock. so i cancled the order and I was sick of this crap so i bought me a mag:D so I guess good things can come outta bad things

J
06-18-2002, 10:51 PM
I order things from them and have never had a problem, that's where I got my Mag from. In fact I just odered something from there on monday, agian no problems.

minimag187
06-18-2002, 11:27 PM
Ive ordered 2 mags, an autococker, 3 cases of paint, hoppers, a warpfeed, and they shipped everything out on time.

personman
06-18-2002, 11:31 PM
I got my mag from them. I woulda ordered my stubby from them but crossfire had it for like 2 bucks cheaper. lol
I also ordered a double trigger, and 2 barrel bags.

pito189
06-19-2002, 10:16 AM
I have ordered from the over the web, and by calling them. Never had a problem either way. All the complaints about products being on backorder, and not recieving them I just find that it is much easier to call them and place your order you talk to a real person, they can tell you right then if the product is on backorder or available. It is just much easier to talk to a real person, then get some online shopping cart.

Sqweezer
06-19-2002, 10:48 AM
A more usefull question qould be 'has anyone NOT had problems with PBgear?' .

I can't count on one hand the times I have had problems with them. From them sending me the wrong stuff, to just saying they never recieved my payment all together after it was billed on my credit card.

PaintballSucka
06-19-2002, 10:56 AM
I also have problems, I order something on Monday it is promised to be here Fri, what do you know its not! it gets here mon or tue, Im never gonna order from them again!

paintbattler
06-19-2002, 11:09 AM
pbgear.com has the worse customer service i have ever seen

PaintballSucka
06-19-2002, 11:25 AM
Amen to that paintbattler

pbguy888
06-19-2002, 11:30 AM
Gosh thats wierd Ive ordererd probly around $1000 and never had any problems at all.Guess im just lucky.

SyntaxError
06-19-2002, 03:47 PM
Actually I have never had any trouble with Pbgear. I've also placed about 17 orders with them over my career (so to speak) and the only time they did anything that was bad was in my very first order when they "forgot" to ship my mask.

meanelvis
06-19-2002, 04:01 PM
i've gotta agree, i cant say much for their customer service.

50% of my 4 orders from them were wrong in some way (once they sent 2 of everything i had ordered!), and 1 order that i ended up cancelling was put on hold by them without notifying me.

from my experience, and that of quite a few others, shopping at pbg is a hit-or-miss gamble. my e-business goes to county these days.

PaintballSucka
06-19-2002, 04:46 PM
also when I cancel orders they dont cancel them!

darklord
06-19-2002, 04:57 PM
I like PB gear/actionvillage.... haven't had any problems. Just make sure that the stuff you are ordering is labeled "In Stock"....otherwise you might not see it for a long, long time. Also for some reason PB gear likes to open things up and none of the stuff I've ordered has been in original packaging, with a few exceptions.... it's all been in ziplock plastic bags. Other than that the stuff I've ordered from them has come on time, and I haven't had any problems.

VBmag87
06-19-2002, 05:08 PM
I have ordered lots of stuff from pbgear and have not had any problems,also alot of my friends have ordered from them and have no problems at all.

MCollier
06-19-2002, 08:42 PM
Well lets continue the story. Today I was notified by customer service and they gave me the story. The tank had actually never been in stock, they had made a mistake, they would get it and ship it out next week. Yadda yadda yadda. Well I got kind of pissed off after I sat down and thought about this, I mean essentially they charged me for services they did not provide, and thats kind of illegal. So I called back and spoke with someone else, and they told me that the tanks WERE in stock, and that she would ship one today or tommorow, and placed a new order for me.

Im in a circle of lies, not to mention it appears with the new order number the lady gave me Im going to be paying for shipping again. If I get charged a ****ing dime more, well I may do this anyway. I think Im going to call up Mr Discover Card INC. and sick them on PBgears asses saying that they charged me for services they did not render, then when I get my money back go buy the tank from Boston Paintball Supply or some store that carries a tank thats comparable. Im sick of dancing around playing phonetag. Stupid PBgear.net.

darklord
06-21-2002, 03:46 PM
Boston Paintball? Man, I go to BP when I need my tanks filled, or I need to buy paint or something. They rip you off at BP. Seriously I saw a boomstick at Boston Paintball for something near the price of $150, and keep in mind that's not even the titanium kind.... if you're going to try a different PB supplier, I wouldn't recommend BP, I'd try places like paintballarmory.com and countypaintball.com beforehand.

MCollier
06-22-2002, 02:38 PM
The thing about places like BP is negotiating with a manager. I know they sell the freak kit at around 240-250, but my friend called the manager and he ended up purchasing a Freak Kit, JT Flex 7 Thermal, and a 12v Revvy all for 310$, which is a very good deal from a store. I went to the BP store and salisbury and they didnt have much, and the field wasnt looking that great. Since PBGear.com finally shipped out my tank, and they say it will be delivered Tuesday, ill wait and see what happens.

DiRTyBuNNy
06-22-2002, 05:47 PM
Shopping at PBGear.net is like making a big order through a drive-thru window at McDonalds...you're never quite sure what you're gonna get till you get home...you ordered Fillet-o-fish, get a Big Mac...you want fries, you find a Salad in there..oh well...even though it's sometimes a couple of bucks more i just order from the manufacturers..if not i go through 888-paintball...always been good to me..i was miffed when something wasn't upgraded to 2-day shipping..but it would have been a free upgrade anyways so oh well..

SlipknotX556
06-22-2002, 06:20 PM
I never really had a problem with Pball gear. I just ordered a Large redz gear bag from them, it was in stock and I put 3 day shipping, hopefully ill get it.

Raptor3359
06-22-2002, 06:48 PM
i have bought all my gear from them. My gun, mask, tanks, hoppers, everything never had a problem. My 2 brothers did the same thing and everything went right. I parents bought me a case of paint from there and it came in fine, no breaks. Prices there r great which is y i buy there. I few years ago they use to reply to my e-mails in a day or less now its pointless e-mailing them.

Snakebite78
06-22-2002, 08:41 PM
I've had had both good and bad experience through pbgear. Once I ordered a Flatline 47 3k for 90 (what a DEAL!). Anywho, they sent me a crossfire 47 3k. So i sent it back, told them, and they said the flatline was out of stock (wow, this is how they ALL start). So, to make a stupid story short, after talking two 357 people, 12 managers, and spending several days on the phone, I had the flatline second-day aired to me. Well, they never had it in stock when I talked to the morons, but luckily once they did have it in stock they got it out quick. Other than that, pretty good dealing with them. But, after reading some of these and thinking things through, I will start to buy most stuff at my local store. I just bought a Dye Attack pack 3 tube and the new Dye pants for 100 there (for both items), so prices not too bad. I also NEVER order paint online, cause at the store they check it and stuff, and really you don't save much online because shipping can really cost a bundle, and the prices just keep going up. Man, 10 bucks to ship a mask. Well, there's some advice, but, all-in-all Pbgear.net is the best paintball site on the net, period, end of discussion, no argueing.

PaInTbAlLeR476
06-23-2002, 09:18 AM
i like a couple of other members have had good and bad experiances with them. (mostly bad) First the Bad.

1. i ordered my TKO from them and was very excited w/ the mag i ordered a parts kit 10" dye SS,and an elbow. Well 5 days lateri get the order no barrel. I call em up. Te guy i was speaking to said that the barrels were never made and were never going to be made so he didnt know why they were on the site. Of course i beleived it to be BS so i cancelled it. Next day i went to 888paintball.com and what do you know????? 888 JUST added it to there web site. BS on pbgears part.

2. Ordered a 88/4500 PMI n2 tank from them(said it was in stock), and a titanium colored TKO drop(also "in stock") 2 weeks later i call tanks not in stock the guy says they are getting more in tomarrow so i wait. 5 days later i call and NEITHER the tank OR the drop is in stock. SO i say fine cancel the tank and send me a diff color TKO i got black. 2 monthe later i decided to find it the tank were in stock yet(by this time i already had my ND tank) nope STIll not in stock.
Good

1. MY mag came somewhat on time.

Conclusion

If you have questions for them NEVER EMAIL THEM they never get back to you. ALWAYS call

Conclusion number 2
I am never going there again. Since that last problem i have never visited the site. this took place on chritmas day this entire ordeal. My spyder broke so my parents gave me 200$ to help towards a new gun(i had 300 so i wanted to get a couple nifty exras) yeah screw pbgear i hate em a whole lot.

PV=nRT
06-23-2002, 11:38 AM
I've noticed that paintballgear.com (actionvillage.com) usually has problems when ordering something backordered or out of stock. Your best bet is to just wait to make sure EVERYTHING that you order is in stock. My cousin had the same problem, he had one item out of stock. When I decided to order from them, I made sure everything was in stock, which it was, and I got everything in about 3 days. Look at it this way, the time you wait for the things you want to all be in stock, it will probably be less of a wait than it would take to get your stuff, if you ordered it when one of your products were out of stock. Hope this helps, good luck.

paintbattler
06-23-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by PaintballSucka
Amen to that paintbattler
yea..i havent seen any worser. i like their prices but their customer services makes me turn my head

Xen
06-23-2002, 06:13 PM
PBGear is a good place to buy from. but CALL them up and place orders, thus you talk to a real person and can ask anything you want. Don't be lazy call em :P

LittleJP
06-23-2002, 07:47 PM
theres a reason they charge so little....they dont pay their guys and in result they dont do their work well :)

Nah, just support your local store; its a lot easier and more friendly

alkafluence
08-01-2002, 10:52 AM
Well, I'm going to throw in my $.02 on this...

I personally have never had a problem with them... HOWEVER, as others have said, over the course of the last year and a half they have become completely unresponsive to email. I repeat- DO NOT send them emails asking questions. On the other hand, a simple phone call works wonders.

Just for some other advice, call them and confirm that they have the item in stock first, before you order. And if you still have problems after the whole ordeal - use the option of disputing the charge with your credit card company (it saves you ALOT of hassles.)

I will agree with darklord, they do seem to like to open things on you, but that could just be them checking to see if all the stuff they received is there as well.

In general, most of their employees are pretty clueless as they are mostly just sales reps. But, if by chance you do have a question... make sure to ask to speak with one of the techs in the back (yes you can do this over the phone).

Again, this is just my $.02... remember YMMV.

halo13
08-01-2002, 11:13 AM
Well, I have done business with paintball gear countless ammounts of times over the years and have never had a problem. With that said I would also like to add on that I actually drive down to their warehouse/store to buy stuff. I guess I'm just lucky enough to do that. I live about 30min away. Anyways, I've seen and talked to the people that work there and they arn't the most competant people in the world. Most of them are just working there, they don't really know much about paintball. If you want something done YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM! They really don't handle e-mail well. I'm moving out of state in a few weeks and I don't be able to drive down to the "paintball district" so I'll probably do business with 888paintball if I can't find a good proshop.