PDA

View Full Version : Getting started with an RT retro valve

AWautomag
06-18-2002, 10:20 PM
Im thinhing of getting an RT retro valve. Is there anything i need to be aware of? Were is the cheapest place to get it? And what are some basic facts on it?

MrMag
06-18-2002, 11:34 PM
first off, it is A retro valve, not an. ok then back to the topic.

you have to have nitro or compressed air to run the retro valve. if u try to run co2, liquid co2 will go into the valve and freeze everything up.well, if u r lucky, u might be able to find someone who has a new retro for cheap, but that is not likely, i just got lucky. ur best bet is to do the "Go Retro" program that AGD has. u send in ur old valve and $200, and AGD sends u a retro valve.

the retro valve gives "bounce" to the trigger. it gives ur gun a reactive trigger. because of that, it is capable of firing 26pbs, however i have only heard of people firing around 16.

Polishpickles451
06-19-2002, 09:34 AM
the go retro is not your best bet, IMO. You can get a retro from roguefactor who is a great trader for 230 shipped. A used regular valve is worth 100 or more. If you did the Go Retro! thing then you would have to wait long after shipping ur old valve and you would be wasting money. If you buy one for 230 (brand new BTW) and then sell your old one for 100 you would be paying 130 really. If you go retro you pay 200 and wait longer.

MrMag
06-19-2002, 12:43 PM
actually, i got rogue's last retro, that is y i didnt suggest it.

Polishpickles451
06-19-2002, 01:42 PM
oops

hope he gets some more :(