PDA

View Full Version : ?? for you smart people

BenD
06-18-2002, 11:54 PM
Ok i dont know all that much about mags so what I post here may make you laugh out loud, and make fun of me :( oh well....

You know the RT valve.... well I talk to a mag buff every few days on AIM, (vayp. if you know him) and he talks about how good the RT Valve is, but also he doesnt run a reg on his mag... (this is where I go stupid)

so I figure the RT Valve ,and others i think said (so mabye that's where I got it) that the RT also regulates....

My main thing out of this, could you take the RT Valve, and make it into a reg only for other people who own other markers so they could be just as high flowing (through their reg.) and not have any shoot down..

or is that not possible?

I think that'd be cool, but i dont know if it's possible.

Thanks a lot for your time,
Ben

magman007
06-19-2002, 12:00 AM
well you could engineer a reg like the retro, but i dont think you could do it with just the actual back half of the whole valve, i dinno, why dont you try it?

BenD
06-19-2002, 12:04 AM
dude Im 17.... Are there any design specs of the RT valve?? I got an engineering teacher who can do anything, maby I could spring the project apon him next year....

but I dont even know what I'd ask...

thanks for the quick reply.

so what would i need to do?

magman007
06-19-2002, 12:09 AM
hmmm, i have never seen a blue print of the retrovalve, i have seen one of the air valve tho, if you got an rt video, it would prolly tel you what you need to kno, contact agd and ask for a video

BenD
06-19-2002, 12:15 AM
but how would i incorporate it and make it into a regulator?

Mossman
06-19-2002, 01:29 AM
ummmm....I'd say just dont do it. There are equally high flowing and consistent regs on the market. Plus the valve regs down to like 400 PSI...and I dont believe that is too adjustable so what good will it do? its a 300 dollar valve that sure...you could probably butcher and use 30 dollars worth of it as a reg that wont outperform a stock cocker reg you can buy used for 20 bucks

banzaimf
06-19-2002, 01:30 AM
If you want a regular mag reg, get an air america or a genx2 reg. As to the modifications made to the RT to help speed up flow, I gotta ask, why? Notice that many people consider the genx-2 one of the best ones out there, it's a modified mag reg.

Shootdown is generally not an issue of the reg (assuming you are using the 325 psi rule). It is an issue of the valve used to release air into the barrel.

banzaimf

dropkick1
06-19-2002, 07:49 AM
i heard it was only 300? oh well thats what the local store owner/cocker tech says.

ken

luke
06-19-2002, 08:12 AM
BenD,

Go here>>>>>>
http://www.airamerica.com/regulators.htm

The Unireg is based on AGDs design.

cphilip
06-19-2002, 08:15 AM
OH yes! Its VERY possible to do what you are thinking. Just probably not practicle. Its would be cheaper to just get a Flatline tank which has a regulator much like the valves and use it to regulate as there are other htings on the RT you do not need for your purpose that up the costs. But you are correct sir in thinking that the RT valve is a regulator too and is mighty darn quick to recharge. Cool idea realy.

Muzikman
06-19-2002, 08:48 AM
Back in November a small group of us talked about that at the AGD tour. It would be a great idea, but we found that the Palmer Stab is a kick arse reg, so there would not be too much of a need for an RT style secondary reg.

RT_Luver
06-19-2002, 10:10 AM
I dont think you could use the actual rt valve, BUT some how you could make a valve similiar to the rt valve and it would prob work

paintbattler
06-19-2002, 10:29 AM
well, maybe cant u unscrew the two apart and screw it into a vert. ASA?