PDA

View Full Version : A few questions... PLEASE HELP!

Barrakuda <>-<
06-19-2002, 02:18 PM
Need some help. I just got my automag a few days ago (68 classic) and I was wondering what I need to get it to work.

1) Where does the vert adapter screw into or go? I don't see a place for it.

2) On the side of the silver thing on the back there is a place for a connector elbow, is that where it goes?

3) What else do I need so that my 68 automag classic can function besides a barrel.

4) What's a good speedball barrel (10" or 12") for the automag, at an affordable price? (Is the bigshot any good?)

5) Can someone PLEASE show me their set up so I can get an idea of where the vert adapter and all the other stuff goes, thanks!!

rjvemt1
06-19-2002, 03:04 PM
dont take this the wrong way but, are you kidding? did you get the video with the gun? if not tom will send you one for just the cost of shipping, go to the on-line store. this video will explain "that silver thing on the back" of your gun and awhole lot of other things that you really should know. the vert adapter bolts into a hole on the body rail(horizontal black piece) in front of the trigger frame. that connector elbow is ther inlet for the n2 or co2. just start looking at the pics that are already posted.

Barrakuda <>-<
06-19-2002, 03:38 PM
LOL, I got a video, just don't like watching videos.

Anyways I don't see any holes on the black body... Where is this hole?!?

Telefragged
06-19-2002, 04:45 PM
There should be a little indent on the body rail that can be drilled or knowcked out for the installation of a vertical adapter. That "silver thing" is your AIR valve, the heart and brains of the Mag. That hole that you see on the side is for connecting elbows, gaslines, fittings, etc from your tank to the gun. Do yourself a favor and watch the video, it explains how Mags work, as well as explains troubleshooting etc. It may be old and outdated looking, but its worht looking at.

Schnitzel
06-19-2002, 05:00 PM
not watching the video and asking questions is like ignoring skydiving instructions and then jumping out of a plane....

rjvemt1
06-19-2002, 06:01 PM
doesnt tom look like a fifteen year old kid wearin a fake mustache in that video;)

InvisibleBill
06-24-2002, 05:32 PM
The bigshot is a nice barrel, but IMO the tear drop is better. Either one is nice, and I would go with a 12 incher, if you read the manual, you will see that AGD says an 11 inch barrel is the best for a mag. I asked this question in the forum and I was told that the barrel need eleven inches of non-ported tube, then you can have as much proting a you heart desires. This means that a 10 inch barrel is not long enough. Hope this helped. IB.

Kevmaster
06-24-2002, 05:46 PM
my team uses only Lapco barrels(Bigshot and Autospirit--only difference is the bore size BS is med AS is small). we all love them and wouldnt use anyother barrel(could use Dye, SP, CP, JJ, etc). Lapcos rock and are at a great price(~$60).