PDA

View Full Version : The Eternal Drop debate: Forward or Back...

[FE]Memnock
06-19-2002, 04:56 PM
Here are two example pics. The first is from a 3 man tourney from this year, the second is from a 5 man, also this year.

Here is the first pic. You can see that I have a Center Flag 5 inch super drop on my E-mag with a 68/4500 Dynaflow tank, which brings the tank farther forward, but increases the height of the setup...
http://www.thesillyhood.org/~memnock/Mem3man.jpg

This second image shows me with my E-mag sporting a KAPP stubby DropZone with a 68/3000 (Dynaflow was in for repairs), which brings the tank nearer the grip, shortening the height of the setup, while moving the tank farther back...
http://www.thesillyhood.org/~memnock/Mem5man.jpg

Now, which setup makes for the tighter stance? Can you guess which one I prefer? Which would you pick and why? And how does your current setup compare?

Let's hear it!

RT_Luver
06-19-2002, 09:08 PM
I would take the second pic setup. sure the tank is further up, but its a tighter setup and thats what your lookin for with a drop. the tightest setup you can

paintbattler
06-19-2002, 09:15 PM
i would take the second one over the first one

a_malfunction
06-19-2002, 11:15 PM
It all has to do with what you like better. You aren't going to play as well with a something you dont like. And it is only a matter of a few inches... even if the set-up you like can cause you not to play as tightly, you'll learn to compensate. Shoot whatever you are comfortable with.

I really like my z-grip with a shocktech mini drop and a 68ci tank. It fits me well.

Vex
06-19-2002, 11:22 PM
I'd have to agree with a_malfunction: it really is just a matter of what you like the best.

I've got a System X web drop with a Crossfire steel 51. My tank is short and stubby, so I've got a nice tight set up.

:D

I think you like the first set up the best.

TrevorSkoal
06-19-2002, 11:28 PM
I choose to use a drop that both makes the setup tight but still allows me to shoot with a stable base. By stable base I mean that the gun is positioned far enough away from my face that i can have a good line of site down the gun and that my hands are placed in a way that i can rip on the trigger and still make small moves to change where I am aiming. WIth that in mind i personally cannot pick up and play with someone else's gun if their tank is only sticking out an inch or so past the back of the gun, i just can't shoot well that way. The biggest problem i have with my setup is that the weight gets located too far back and makes the gun feel "back-heavy" JUst my two cents.

Johnny Mo

Dubstar112
06-19-2002, 11:32 PM
Dropforwards are for chicks. Bottomline with the tank screwed in is the best.(Max flo style :)) I personally dont use or like any dropforwards currently availible. They are all too big.

liigod
06-19-2002, 11:47 PM
door number 2