PDA

View Full Version : Crossfire Burst Disk Help..

MAGS own YOU
06-19-2002, 09:13 PM
I havent posted in a long time here, im just tryign to get some help fast. One of my bursts disks blew the other day and I was taking it off, but took off the one that wasnt broken, then took off the other and now I dont know which one goes where! Im using a Crossfire 68/4500 LPR tank. All I need to know is where the one with the 7 goes, close to the fill nipple or close to the gauge.:confused:

FrAuStY
06-20-2002, 04:04 PM
I think the 7k disc would go closest to the tank. The lower one would go near the guages/air exit to your gun. You really should check with crossfire (whoever makes it) just to make sure. But I know the fiber wrapped tanks are tested up to like 5 times there marked capacity i.e. 4500 would be tested up to 20000 PSI (saftey reasons) The burst disc should go at 7k if the tank was improperly filled. The other disc would be for the regulator side which will handle a lot less pressure going out to your gun, probably a 3k disc.

MAGS own YOU
06-20-2002, 06:23 PM
They are both at the same level, so I dont know which is which!

FrAuStY
06-20-2002, 07:51 PM
You mean you don't know which ones blown and which isn't? I'm lost as to what you're asking.. If both disks are 7k and you need to know which is blown, the one that the inside disc is separated from the outside ring would be the blown one. There may only be a small hole, or it may be lifted a little on one side. Could you explain a little more in detail? Can you take pics? Preeesh :D

MAGS own YOU
06-20-2002, 08:46 PM
On 4500 tanks, there is one 7k burst disk and 1 1800 burst disk. If you had a crossfire tank , you could help me. Both burst disks are at the same level, I know which ones blown, its fixed. I dotn know which burst disk hole is for 7k or which is for the 1800. In one of the burst disk holes, is a seal. So I suspect that the seal is for the higher pressure burst disk, the 7k one. Im going to go ahead and try it like that unless someone with a crossfire 4500 tank would just look at there tank and tell me which goes where.

bman1967
06-20-2002, 10:34 PM
Maybe I can save you some time...

Which one blew? if it was the 1800 don't worry about fixing it, cause your reg is screwed up more than likely. The new disk will only blow again shortly after you add air to the tank.

The same thing happed to my teammates crossfire tank.

Snakebite78
06-21-2002, 09:53 PM
If what the guy before said is true, good luck, cause dang if regs ain't expensive. But if it's not, I have my 68 45 Crossfire F.U. Tech High sitting here in my lap. Just got it a few months ago. So, here's the scoop: the 7k burst disk goes closer to the fill nipple, and the 18 k goes closer to the guage.

guage-18k-7k-fillnipple