PDA

View Full Version : nubbin w/ lvl 10

rehme
06-20-2002, 01:11 PM
i heard that you can not have the nubbin in with the lvl 10 because the bolt is not going fast enough so does this mean we HAVE to take the nubbin out. If we do that means we will be double feeding. That would mean barrel breaks.

Krazy Ivan
06-20-2002, 01:22 PM
This was said because in one of the videos Tom showed us, he showed the bolt stopping before doing anything to a rolled up dollar bill. Not even bending it. However if the lvl 10 is set up like that, it won't push the ball past the detent. However you can set it up the right way, where it will actually fire a ball, and it will still use the detent. Doing this will not sacrifice the ability to pinch and not cut the balls.

BlackVCG
06-20-2002, 01:31 PM
LVL 10 is designed to work with nubbins. You still need them there unless you want paint to roll down your barrel. It was just shown that LVL 10 can be setup so it has such little force in the first stage that it can't push a ball past a nubbin. So, yes you need nubbins and if you're still using metal ones, ditch them and get the plastics.

ShooterJM
06-20-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
So, yes you need nubbins and if you're still using metal ones, ditch them and get the plastics.

Son of a gun now I gotta quick add them to my order?;)

paintbattler
06-20-2002, 02:37 PM
oh no. we need that plastics?

Krazy Ivan
06-20-2002, 02:39 PM
I just ordered some plastics, but no, it's not necessary, only they are much better. However $6 to ship some small pieces of plastic seems a little steep to me.

Army
06-20-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Krazy Ivan
However $6 to ship some small pieces of plastic seems a little steep to me.

It's a lot cheaper than a new bolt or barrel, after it gets bent and is ironed into the soft aluminum....

Besides that, the life of the plastic nubbins is far greater than the P or V wire nubbins.

BlackVCG
06-20-2002, 03:43 PM
Krazy Ivan- If you're placing a real small order like that, I think you can call them and see if they'll ship it USPS to you. They only use UPS for the online store orders and they have a flat rate for shipping, so that's why it's so expensive.

ShooterJM
06-20-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Army

It's a lot cheaper than a new bolt or barrel, after it gets bent and is ironed into the soft aluminum....

Besides that, the life of the plastic nubbins is far greater than the P or V wire nubbins.

So a half dozen should last me awhile?

BlackVCG
06-20-2002, 03:45 PM
I have yet to notice any wear on my plastic nubbins. I'll bet these things will last at least a year or two per nubbin. There's a lot more surface contact area on them, so they don't wear down and snap like the V nubbins did or fold into the barrel like the P nubbins.

ShooterJM
06-20-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
I have yet to notice any wear on my plastic nubbins. I'll bet these things will last at least a year or two per nubbin. There's a lot more surface contact area on them, so they don't wear down and snap like the V nubbins did or fold into the barrel like the P nubbins.

Cool. I'm still using the original nubbin from my stock barrel so I'm guessing the new plastic ones would keep me for a long time. Now I just have to call AGD and hope one of the lovely office ladies will throw a pack of nubbins into my level 10 box!:D