PDA

View Full Version : HALO OnLine...Anyone up for play?

windigossak
06-20-2002, 02:02 PM
All of you that have Gamespy arcade and tunnel, an xbox, and a copy of halo please stand up. Anyone wanna get a game goin? Also...is there a way to turn off proxy settigs so that i can host my own game? thnks

RT_Luver
06-20-2002, 04:08 PM
I would...but how do you connect to the internet?? I'm still confused about that

xmetal2001
06-20-2002, 06:34 PM
You need a network hub or something like that,then gamespy tunnel will connect you. I dont really know how it works.

RT_Luver
06-20-2002, 07:58 PM
I'm gunna check it out. I've been wanting to play but never found out how

windigossak
06-20-2002, 08:00 PM
okay...first youll need a network hub or a router...(preferably a router) you then need to go to GameSpy.com, and download GameSpy Arcade...you do not need to fully register and pay the 20$ fee. THEn you must go to find files (in GS Arcade...and search for GameSpy Tunnel) which alows you to play Xbox games online. Then you need a Cat-5 (Category 5 Ethernet Wire) wire...to plug into the back of your xbox...and into your router. Once youve hook up the router to your computer...you then need to hook up a tv to your Xbox. then in Gamespy arcade...go to the Xbox section in "my games" on the left side of your app. and click on Halo. Click on a room and then it will automatically start GameSpy tunel. By now your copy of halo should be running...go to multiplayer > Sytem Link > waiting Screen...once a connection has been made you can play! Its alot of work but its worth it!

personman
06-20-2002, 09:07 PM
sounds really cool, wish I had an X-Box. Halo is a great game.

RT_Luver
06-20-2002, 10:10 PM
thats confusing...I could do it I knew where to find a router and that cable

Gotenks
06-21-2002, 03:04 PM
Cable modem connection, hub, xbox, halo =)

Man halo would be PERFECT if you could use a mouse and keyboard, I would like mad own =)

slateman
06-21-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Gotenks
Cable modem connection, hub, xbox, halo =)

Man halo would be PERFECT if you could use a mouse and keyboard, I would like mad own =)

HALO is supposed to come to the computer...