PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of these rims?

Zumina
06-20-2002, 09:26 PM
First off, NEVER let your sister barrow your car! She took mine into boston earlier this week and managed to actually SMASH one of my Enkei rims!!!! They don't make them any more, so I can't buy a replacement! So, in search of a temporary (and cheap) replacement, I stumbled upon these on Ebay. They'll fit, and I managed to bargain with the seller. What do you think?

Link:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1838232205

Pic of Car (my poor rims!!):

RT_Luver
06-20-2002, 10:04 PM
man that suks...those rims were sweet. those look alright, but dude...I have learned from past experience to never let your family borrow things form you, if it gets broken(well my family does atleast0 say, well its family....forgivr them and dont worry

Army
06-20-2002, 10:10 PM
Hey, Sears has those same wheels in the automotive dept.!

Jonno06
06-21-2002, 12:02 PM
dude....
dude....

sisters(stepsisters too) suck...

my stepsister is kinda mental alright,and does alot of drugs.well she took some pills(zanex),and while her and her mom where at hospital,she tells her mom she is going out to car to get cigarette(shes 21),1 hour later,we get a telephone call.It so happens she boosted her moms car,and was driving up to mcdonalds for french fries(so she says),when she gets a flat tire.she does what any crackhead would do,and keeps driving.Me and my dad drove back and found where she first popped the tire....it was over 1 mile she drove on plain rim.You can see the scratch mark going down the middle of the road(it was front left tire),then,the scratch goes up into a lil liquor store,and goes straight back out in the street!It continues down the road a few more blocks where she pulls into a coastal gas station.The funniest thing i ever saw.She totally wrecked the rim,axel,and whole front left of car.....You know what she said??? I didnt know I had a flat....hahahaha

Zumina
06-21-2002, 12:26 PM
Enkei still makest the series, but they don't offer them in my bolt pattern and offset anymore.

CameraGuy
06-21-2002, 12:48 PM
A hint I picked up from my welding teacher (who actually used to manufacture custom rims, and still does for his own cars): always make/buy 6 rims at a time, then when the first one gets destroyed, you still have a spare ;) He told me this after he hit a brick that fell off of a truck in front of him and totalled one of the rims on his Jeep (and luckily, he did have spares).

Gotenks
06-21-2002, 01:42 PM
16 inch is like 13 pounds or something, really lightweight, and it looks good too.

You can get 4 without tires for around $500.

http://images.fotki.com/v2/photos/3/34935/66520/Image17-vi.jpg

Jonno06
06-21-2002, 07:40 PM
i like BBS rims myself....

enkei rims do rule though......

Zumina
06-22-2002, 07:32 AM
Cost effective only. I originally paid $625 for all four rims, then another $400 for the ecstacas (sp?) I had on them. BBS wheels belong on German cars and rice-burners. This wheels loook cool Gotenks, who are they made by?

Gotenks
06-22-2002, 12:51 PM
If you ask around, people will say rota's are POS, because they are made to be replicas, and they're replicating forged wheels with these casts ones.

While these are casts, I guarantee they wont break anytime soon, hell, they even put rota's on wrx's and off-road them, rota's are becoming ever so popular with the wrx crowd.

So don't listen to what anyone says about rota's, they are strong enough, and they do the job.

Zumina
06-22-2002, 03:48 PM
know of a reliable dealer? People think they're bad because they're knock offs of Spoon wheels.

Gotenks
06-22-2002, 04:23 PM
www.revolutionsmotorsports.com

if that link doesn't work, usually it doesn't, you can most likely find them on www.groupbuycenter.com

Zumina
06-26-2002, 10:30 AM
wow, those rims are expensive. I'm not about to pay $575 for a set of knock-offs. I've put my stockers back on, and I'm going to buy a set of 17" Konig Tantrums and the end of the month.