PDA

View Full Version : Leak Need Help

RTMAGBOY13
06-20-2002, 10:01 PM
help i have a clasic RT and there is a air leak towards the back not directly out of the allen wrench hole but i hear it and it sounds near idk what to dooooo i need help quick!!!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

mykroft
06-20-2002, 10:19 PM
Undo your banjo bolt and re-insert it. This sounds like a classic Banjo Bolt leak.

Oil the o-rings it passes through if this doesn't work, you may need to replace them.

einhander619
06-23-2002, 09:18 PM
I had the same problem, but it wasn't because of the o-rings, my body rail was actually out of tolerance, causing the middle o-ring to get blown up between the rail and the body tube. I have since purchased one the smear annodized RT body kits for sale here on AO, and that solved the problem for good. If all else fails, that is what I would do, it is reasonably priced at $75 and will give your RT a major face lift. My RT is unbelievably sexy now, and it shoots great. If you don't want to do that, you could go to a machinist, have him bore out the banjo bolt hole in the body rail, and then insert a sleeve that would bring it back into tolerance. Keep in mind that this would all be custom work, and very expensive, easily passing $75. Hope that helps!