PDA

View Full Version : My RT is shooting non stop!!

FrontMaG
06-20-2002, 10:48 PM
Please Help..I jsut got an RT and had to replace the o rings on teh back pin, but then when I turned on my air it started leaking out teh back hole, so i turned it with an allen key and it stopped, but then the trigger pin wasnt reaching the back of the trigger to fire so i took it apart to try to move the pin up more, then i put it together and now when I turn on my air, my gun just goes *ffftthththththt* like its firing REAL fast, but I dont even ahve to pull teh trigger, just turn the tank on, it does this once the tank gets on to about 300 psi.
Please help I really wanna play with it this saturday.
Thanks in advance Weav

personman
06-20-2002, 11:06 PM
dont EVER touch the pin.
Buy a new sear, that might help
Otherwise, I dont know anything about RTs :p sry

FrontMaG
06-20-2002, 11:10 PM
I didnt adjust the pin length. i was just makin sure it was all in right.

personman
06-20-2002, 11:21 PM
oh, well anyway you might want to try a new bolt or sear.
It might not be catching.

Butterfingers
06-20-2002, 11:25 PM
You don't have a problem just get some air. The RT valve needs a large burst of air to seat the o-rings.

Back out the velocity adjuster a little bit. It vents out the back if the velocity is set too high it is a saftey relief valve in the reg psiton.

FrontMaG
06-20-2002, 11:41 PM
What you mean by give it a burst of air??
And would it be left or right to turn in out???
thx

personman
06-21-2002, 12:31 AM
um
lefty loosy righty tighty
turn the allen wrench to the LEFT to back it out :rolleyes:

Havoc_online
06-21-2002, 12:51 AM
he means that it needs at least 600 psi to seal the gun properly, if you only put in 300psi, the gun can't engage itself, it just leaks.

FrontMaG
06-21-2002, 03:23 PM
yOU ARE AWSOME. i JUST TURNED IT UP TO LIKE 600 AND THE LWEAK OUT TEH BACK STOP AND TEH TRIGGER SET! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!This board kicks ***

Havoc_online
06-21-2002, 07:11 PM
welcome to AO:)

MinMag415
06-21-2002, 09:34 PM
why shouldnt you touch the pin??

personman
06-21-2002, 11:49 PM
lol, I'm suprised I actually got to this thread before you got yelled at by 20 people.
Messing with the pin can create major problems with short stroking, ect ect, I have never done it because I was told not to, and it screws up your mag.
Basically, I believe AGD sets the trigger pin to the correct length before sending your future mag to the wholesale dealer, then to the resale dealer, then to you.
I'm not entirely sure why it messes up your mag, but I imagine messing with the length would cause the on off pin not to be pushed or your bolt not correctly released due to changed length. I'm sure thats what happens when you tighten the pin, or whatever, and I'm sure it would create major shortstroking problems if you backed the pin out.
I'm no tech, and these are my assumptions.
I was told not to, and I trust everyone here at the Automag Owners group.

paintbattler
06-23-2002, 11:55 PM
try turning the output presseure down..

MrMag
06-24-2002, 12:52 AM
when i got my sear w/my rt conversion kit, the pin appeared too short, so i took out my friends and compared them. indeed, mine was about 1cm shorter, and the same w/ my other friends. i adjusted it, and nothing bad has come......yet (knock on wood)