PDA

View Full Version : At half, Germany 1, Usa 0

clanger
06-21-2002, 07:24 AM
Title says it all. I like both teams, but GO USA.

Jonno06
06-21-2002, 08:09 AM
GOOOOOOO USA!!!!!!!!

(p.s...i hate soccer,but its all good)

ShooterJM
06-21-2002, 08:16 AM
Hey I only caught the score in passing. Was the US goal dissallowed?

clanger
06-21-2002, 08:17 AM
1-0 final, USA played awesome today.

ShooterJM
06-21-2002, 08:58 AM
Yeah they did.

Rule clarification though.

If an *intentional* hand to ball contact is made by a non-goalie player in order to keep a ball from going into the net isn't a goal automatically awarded?

If it's unintentional isn't it a goal kick?

Like I said I just heard it on the radio wasn't sure what happened.

bsusigep18
06-21-2002, 03:06 PM
answer for your rule clarification. a goal is only automatically awarded if it crosses the line. :D

an intentional hand ball by a defender is supposed to be an automatic red card and a penalty kick. especially when it involves saving a goal. but you also have to realize that in every situation in soccer the call is referees discrection. im not saying i agree with any of the refs decision in this cup. i've seen some of the worst reffing and some of the best. and an unintentional hand ball can still be a PK if its inside of the penalty box, but its always a free kick. the only difference between intentional and unintentional is a yellow or red card, which is decided by refs discretion. little rule education for you all. ;)

ShooterJM
06-21-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by bsusigep18
an intentional hand ball by a defender is supposed to be an automatic red card and a penalty kick. especially when it involves saving a goal. but you also have to realize that in every situation in soccer the call is referees discrection. im not saying i agree with any of the refs decision in this cup. i've seen some of the worst reffing and some of the best. and an unintentional hand ball can still be a PK if its inside of the penalty box, but its always a free kick. the only difference between intentional and unintentional is a yellow or red card, which is decided by refs discretion. little rule education for you all. ;)

Gotcha, knew it didn't sound quite right.