PDA

View Full Version : Micro or Macro Line ?

Challe
06-21-2002, 09:52 AM
I am on co2 with a subzero 4 expansion , my hoses and elbows are now starting to leek and the are kind of weard out.

So new hoses and elboes for me but should i use micro , macro or the standard steel hoses.

Polishpickles451
06-21-2002, 10:46 AM
i like macro.i've found that micro fittings leak more then others. macro is lightm flexible, doens't leak, and comes in many colors. After heavy use you will have to replace your fittings. I've never had to, sometimes they just come leaky.
If you want the best durablity, get SS braided line, I prefer macroline personally.

FrAuStY
06-21-2002, 04:11 PM
Micro is actually better for co2 as its less likely to deliver liquid to the guns internals. Also it's less likely to rupture. I've seen macro (YES MACRO) blow a hole the size of a golfball in itself due to liquid co2 (freezing it) My bro and I used micro on our co2 setups for a year and never had a problem.

Mav D MagMan
06-21-2002, 07:50 PM
Although someone on this forum has said differently, Micro should never be used in paintball. I harp this as often as I can but the flow rate is not high enough (not enough gas goes through, the gun starves) and the burst pressure is lower than macro (that's right, lower, so it takes less internal pressure to explode than it would to blow macro). Frausty you may wish to think bout that...

Steel lines work extremely well and don't wear as fast as the plastic lines but they are harder to find in the right lengths (if you can, you should use these with the co2). Macro, it's stronger and better (than micro), and can be cut to any length (unlike steel lines) but be wary they may blow if it gets hot enough...

My .02
Mav