PDA

View Full Version : Now if Mags would just shoot further and more.............

Patron God of Pirates
06-21-2002, 10:16 AM
accurately than any other gun. Mags are now the best in the following areas:

Potential ROF
Electronic Trigger (IMHO)
Mechanical Trigger (IMHO)
Potential Consistency
Durability
Customer Service
Ease on Paint

They are currently behind in:

Customization
Power Ranger Looks
Sales
Weight

The Extreme at least partially resolves 3 of the four (cross your fingers on sales).

If Lv. 10 is everything its cracked up to be, the Extreme will be, by far, the best Paintball Marker ever manufactured. So where do Tom Kaye and AGD go from there?

I just acquired a Galactic Z-Body. It took some time to get it working correctly, but it does work. The balls fly flat and straight 80% of the time. Anyone who has looked inside a Z-Body knows that the "Backspin Generating device" is rather crude.

I think building a backspin generating mainbody for the Mag would be a great new direction for AGD once Lv10 is in full working production. I'm sure Tom and the gang could find a way to create perfect backspin 100% of the time.

Just imagine if all of a sudden, not only did Mags not break paint, but they shot further and more accurately than any other gun!

What would you like to see Tom work on next ?(god forbid we let the man sleep)

Kevmag
06-21-2002, 11:29 AM
...cheaper, high quality paint. With an E-Mag you'll end up shooting a case on a busy day at the field. That'll cost you around $60 (BYOP) or $80-100 w/ FPO.

Yeah, I realize this is probably out of AGD's scope of expertise, but I think the cost of paint is the number one barrier to entry into this sport. I'm some company will step up.

Kevin

FrAuStY
06-21-2002, 11:43 AM
Lol I don't even have an emag and I shoot a case of paint at a busy day on the field. I guess I'm just trigger happy, but like everyone says.. if you don't shoot, how can you eliminate anyone? I need to patent my idea on paint.. maybe one day it'll be feasible to make them :)I have a bad feeling that if I post it.. here in the future RPS wil be amking them left and right, and I'll be SOL.

paintbattler
06-21-2002, 01:02 PM
only if Tom could buy some elves it would be more accurate and shoot farther...

Polishpickles451
06-21-2002, 02:05 PM
i think some lighter parts would be in order. LVL 10 is gonna improve mags tremendously IMO. Mags always broke more paint do to the rough blow forward system but that is no solved. Personally i think they are more customizable then any other gun, you can do anything with a mag. I would like to see more advertising, in my area no shops sell AGD products and I rarely see people with mags. AGD should sponsor more teams. <--(HINT)

I will continue to shoot mags because one overriding quality keeps mags on top in the 21st century - and that is Reliablility. I've never had any problem with my mag, and if I do, it will most lickly be fixable with replacing an o-ring.

But honestly mags are unattractive visually. Cockers with all thier fancy anno don't work better IMO, but look cool. Tom, I know you can't anno Stainless, but find a way to make mags more visually attractive. Emags are really nice, but it's the classic mags and RTs that most people buy.

Oregon_pb_
06-21-2002, 02:16 PM
When level 10 and the Extreme's are finalized, and shipping..

Give tom a month or 2 off, let him take a vacation or something. Don't want him getting burned out on all of this stuff, we see the final product, while he deals with the day to day operrations.

xatle
06-21-2002, 02:55 PM
after the C&C extremes come out i think thier next move will be redesigning the rt reg so that it has better consistancy at different rates of fire, prolly by nesting a small independant secondary reg that would trickle in a little bit of air whenever the pressure in the dump chamber drops slightly.

chrony your hot shots with the primary charging reg, then chrony your cold shots to match your hot shots by adjusting the second low flow reg.

just seems to me that this would be the next logical step.

shadowspar
06-21-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Polishpickles451
But honestly mags are unattractive visually. Cockers with all thier fancy anno don't work better IMO, but look cool. Tom, I know you can't anno Stainless, but find a way to make mags more visually attractive. Emags are really nice, but it's the classic mags and RTs that most people buy.

<p>Personally, I couldn't disagree more. When the RT first came out, I thought that it was hideous, and I wasn't really too keen on the E-Mags either. When I played my first game around 1994 or so, I thought that the clean lines of the original Auto- and Minimags made them one of the best -- if not <em>the</em> best -- looking markers on the market. I still think they're right up there in terms of appearance today.

<p>Really, I think it all comes down to personal preference. Some people think that Tippmann's M98 looks terrible; others love it and wouldn't be caught dead with, say, a Spyder. The same goes with VM68s, Shockers, PGPs, Nel-Spots, Splatmasters...OK, maybe not Splatmasters. Still, to each their own, eh? Still, if it's up to me, I think that my first semi will be a 'Mag.

RT_Luver
06-21-2002, 04:58 PM
I say the extreme will blow everyother gun outta the water once its fully released. IMHO