PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Hydrotesting!

nippinout
06-21-2002, 10:42 AM
Hi guys!

I've been calling around to the local SCUBA shops to find prices on hydrotesting. None of these places do it in house, and I thought 25-30 dollars was kind of expensive.

Not to mention that my 20oz CO2 tank cost that much!

Anyway... I got smart and went to google and instead of searching for SCUBA shops in my area, I went straight to the testers.

I found a local hydrotester that is the largest in Minnesota. Won't give specifics, but charges less than $10 plus o-rings if needed.

Go to your local hydrotester directly!

If this is what the hydrotesters charge, then those SCUBA shops are making a pretty good chunk of change.

Less than $20 for both my N2 and CO2 tanks! How cool is that?!?!?!?

FrAuStY
06-21-2002, 11:17 AM
Also you have to think.. those scuba shops probably ship them to the Hydro facility. Thats gonna cost about 4.50-8.00 depending on insurance costs. Thanks for the info though.. I was looking one around here and have yet to find one. How'd you go about searching? Hydrostatic testing "state"?

nippinout
06-21-2002, 11:22 AM
Try an online yellow pages, or the dead tree version.

I use www.qwestdex.com

Search using your town or a metropolis near you and for the business category use hydrostatic testing.

Good luck!

Temo Vryce
06-21-2002, 11:33 AM
You can also check with the local fire dept. and ask them where they get their fire extingishers (sp?) tested. I got My old 114 (no longer own it) tested at place that did fire extingishers and they charged me less than $20 Cdn and they had to have a new adapter made for it (no charge to me).

Polishpickles451
06-21-2002, 01:50 PM
at big tourneys alot of times there is a trailor that comes that offers on site hyro tests for $10 a piece. THey'l also do some work with swapping regs and what not.
Bonus is they do it in 5 minutes and you can watch your tank implode!

RT_Luver
06-21-2002, 02:00 PM
thanks...I'm gunna need to remember that here in about a year