PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 10 and pump kit?

Rocp15126
06-21-2002, 01:00 PM
I just realized that I have a pump kit installed on my minimag, I'm pretty much guessing that this will have to come off to have Lvl 10 installed. (I don't know if they're compatible.) I'm not worried about the new bolt, more like will the wave spring cause problems if I keep the kit on. Anybody got any ideas?
Can anyone at AGD give me any solutions?

Thanks

RocP15126

paintbattler
06-21-2002, 01:03 PM
yea it probably needs to come off.. why u want the pumkit on anyways?

Mossman
06-21-2002, 01:07 PM
i dont really see why it would have to come off...however I dont really get how the pump kit works soo......

hehe, bump for an answer

Rocp15126
06-21-2002, 01:16 PM
Why do I want the pumpkit on?

Well, I actually use it sometimes. In Rec games just for fun, when I get low on paint just to stretch the paint further , and once or twice I showed up at a field when pump games or newbie games were going on. Other than that I like the look and its definately not a common item. :)

I plan to beta test LVL 10 and then decide if I want to keep the pumpkit. My minimag doesn't chop very much at all.

Rocp15126

Cristobal
06-21-2002, 01:36 PM
Since the Lvl 10 doesn't change the sear, the point where the bolt latches should be the same -- meaning that your pump rod should still be of the right length, and as long as it doesn't interfere with the new springs any more than with the old one it should be fine. The wave spring behind the bolt might be an issue, but only if there wasn't enough room for it with the new bolt, which I would doubt. Now I have neither the Lvl 10 mod, nor a pump kit, but my guess is that Lvl 10 will work with a pump kit.

mykroft
06-21-2002, 03:35 PM
The pump kit works by inducing bolt stick. The Level 10 changes the powertube internals and mainspring. I suspect with a lot of fiddling, it may work, but I mean a LOT of fiddling.

RT_Luver
06-21-2002, 04:53 PM
I dont think they would work, because the way i know pumps work is they move the bolt back to the ball can come into the breach, well with that, the Lvl 10 wouldn't really be needed, because you can make sure you dont chop. so most likely, it will need to come off

Tactical Neural Implant
06-21-2002, 11:26 PM
up

zads27
06-22-2002, 01:20 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't work, might need some tuning of the shims/spacers so you don't vent down the barrel, though.

Originally posted by RT_Luver
I dont think they would work, because the way i know pumps work is they move the bolt back to the ball can come into the breach, well with that, the Lvl 10 wouldn't really be needed, because you can make sure you dont chop. so most likely, it will need to come off

Yeah, basically it won't help with chopping much (unless you're goin very fast and a ball half loads), but it should help stop paint from almost ever breaking on the bolt, since the bolt speed is slower, so the initial impact on the ball will be reduced, as well as the next ball in the feed tube not gettin dinged, or minutely cracked (causing barrel breaks, like Tom said).

It's somewhat overkill IMO, but if you got the money and it's what you desire..
All the more power to you, bro.

pip_999
06-22-2002, 02:32 PM
i'll buy your pump kit

those thigns RULE