PDA

View Full Version : LVL 10 Fast Start for Dummies (like the books)

AGD
06-21-2002, 04:12 PM
LVL 10 Beta Testers,

There has been a lot of discussion about how much time and tinkering it takes to get this mod tuned in. I think there is another side I should present that will allow almost anyone to get up and go with reasonable, usable results. From doing a bunch of converstions we are finding that you should have a good chance of getting it running if you do the following steps exactly. If it still doesn’t work come to the forum and see what’s going on and post your problem.

1. Take the guts out of your power tube and put them in a bag along with your old bolt.

2. Install the backing washer (1)

3. find the carrier (4) that has two grooves cut in it and install a power tube o-ring (2) and lightly lubricate the power tube oring and the black carrier o-ring (3)

4. Using the end of a pen cap push the carrier, o-ring first, into the power tube.

5. Drop in TWO shims (5) and make sure they are sitting flat.

6. Holding the valve upright, screw in the power tube tip (7) and tighten.

7. Find the middle length bolt spring (9). This one can be identified because it has one coil cut off the end. Put the end with the coil cut off on the bolt first so the end without the coil cut off is hanging off the end of the bolt.

8. install the bolt on the valve, assemble into the marker and gas up.

9. The marker may or may not be leaking down the barrel. If the marker does not shoot, turn up the velocity until it does so consistently every time you pull the trigger. Fire the marker a few hundred times to wear in the o-ring while you let it leak.

10. Now that you have the o-ring settled in, switch to the next size smaller carrier until the marker stops leaking down the barrel.

11. Set your velocity to 280-300 and you should be good enough to use the marker as is.

This configuration should get you working and out on the field. The next step in fine tuning is to switch to the longest spring and see if you can get the marker firing reliably in the 280-290 fps range with that spring.

AGD

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/Explo_lrg.jpg

hitech
06-21-2002, 04:53 PM
That is a fine idea, however, my personal opinion is that if someone can't follow your previous instructions they really shouldn't be a beta tester. This isn't a flame of anyone. Some people like to tinker/fine tune, others do not. This beta test is best suited to those who like to tinker/tune. The instructions were fairly simple. Anyone who wants to work at properly tuning shouldn't have any problems following the instructions. :D

personman
06-21-2002, 05:33 PM
Thanks, TK wes really needed this guide.

wes
06-21-2002, 05:33 PM
lol thanks tom, personman was

xatle
06-21-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by hitech
That is a fine idea, however, my personal opinion is that if someone can't follow your previous instructions they really shouldn't be a beta tester. This isn't a flame of anyone. Some people like to tinker/fine tune, others do not. This beta test is best suited to those who like to tinker/tune. The instructions were fairly simple. Anyone who wants to work at properly tuning shouldn't have any problems following the instructions. :D

i disagree, the purpose of an open beta is to put the product in the hands of a good crossection of users, not just those that are mechanically inclined. if you beta a product out only to people that qualify as air smiths that can tinker with it for an hour or 2 and have it up and running flawlessly, you will end up waiting till after it retails to find all the little problems or even worse you end up with a product it takes an airsmith to get working properly.:)

Schnitzel
06-22-2002, 01:48 AM
i think i understand what you meant about fine tuning the carriers before, but i think i need to be straightened out.

if you use a smaller carrier, that creates less friction on the bolt, thus lessening chances of bolt-stick, but reducing the effects of anti-chop, right?

and if you use a larger carrier, it slows the bolt more, but you run the risk of bolt-stick, right?

TransMan
06-22-2002, 02:23 AM
Schnitzel i thin ya got it backwards man the smaller the carrier the more friction and bolt stick maybe im wrong thats just the way i thought i heard it

AGD
06-22-2002, 03:34 AM
Smaller carrier, more friction.

AGD

hitech
06-22-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by xatle
I disagree, the purpose of an open beta is to put the product in the hands of a good crossection of users, not just those that are mechanically inclined. if you beta a product out only to people that qualify as air smiths that can tinker with it for an hour or 2 and have it up and running flawlessly, you will end up waiting till after it retails to find all the little problems or even worse you end up with a product it takes an airsmith to get working properly.:)

Actually I said if you can't follow the first set of instructions. I also said "this" beta test. Because of these circumstances, communicating on the internet with a "large" group of people AGD doesn't necessarily know. I've been on AGD's end of beta testing MANY times. I'd pick the technical savy users every time. :D

oldsoldier
06-22-2002, 06:40 PM
POST!!! Just touching the thread so I dont lose it.

VBmag87
06-22-2002, 11:43 PM
I think the instructions on how to install the lvl 10 are great. The instructions will Probably help out a good amount of people help install the lvl 10.But they have to aleast know where the power tube is loctaed on the valve lol.:)

paintbattler
06-24-2002, 10:03 PM
i think im a dummy becuz i am picturing it and i dont get what ur saying

AngelBoy
06-25-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by VBmag87
But they have to aleast know where the power tube is loctaed on the valve lol.:)

Thats why im not beta testing:D Will you have to do this to every lvl 10 or just to the betas?

Krazy Ivan
06-25-2002, 08:53 AM
Any news on the prod side? How much longer approx it's takin'? As stipulated before with the 2 weeks it would be shipped either this weekend or monday to be more exact.

Just curious if we were still on schedule or if it's a little lagged behind.

I can't wait. I love to tinker to get the most out of my gun, but you guys don't let us have fun yet. You give us this tube that shoots at it's best possible no matter what!

I was thinking about getting a cocker to play around with..then I woke up.