PDA

View Full Version : help with my reactor valve!?!?!?

Coop_Diddy
06-21-2002, 07:16 PM
hey, my reactor refuses to go into the gun, most of wil fit in fine, but when i get into the o-rings and the last part of metal, it will not go inot the gun, it just keeps on popping out, please help me asap, i have to play in a couple of days, thanks

Havoc_online
06-21-2002, 07:21 PM
it happens, the on/off top will pop out and you can't slip the valve in right? just make sure it's in right. make sure the pin is facing the correct way and put the top on, hold the valve so the on/off top is up and won't fall out, hold the mag upside down and slip the valve in trying to keep the on/off top in place, if you get the valve in all the way and put the field strip screw on, the on/off top should be locked in place and you won't have to worry about it. charge up the gun with air and try it out to make sure the on/off is in the right place.

Coop_Diddy
06-21-2002, 07:35 PM
hey, the thing won't even fit into the chamber area, i tried you idea even, i think i have a level7, would that make a difference?

Havoc_online
06-21-2002, 07:44 PM
I had the same problem, when you put the on/off top on, the best you can do is shove one side in right? angle it so the in part is the first part to hit the body so you can slide it in.

is it a new on/off valve? try to loosen the grip frame so you can move the bodyrail a little, hold the on/off top in place and slide the valve into the body(make SURE it's in the right place) put the bodyrail slowly back into place to make sure the groove finds the valve and if all is good, retighten the gripframe and throw the fieldstrip screw on. you really should'nt have to do this but if you can't get it in the right way this might break it in.

Coop_Diddy
06-21-2002, 08:24 PM
is this ehing even wortht the effort?!?!

Havoc_online
06-21-2002, 08:33 PM
no, put in your old on/off valve, it doesnt even help really, sorry

what type of valve do you have again?

Miscue
06-22-2002, 05:04 AM
Ditch the reactor and put your stock on/off back in. It's better.

zads27
06-22-2002, 01:41 PM
It helped me some, gave the trigger a better feel for me. Also, it helps performance if you're gonna ever run on CO2.

Basically, the reactor valve is better.. WHEN it works (sometimes the reactors are made with bad dimensions). But once it works, just like AGD's on/off.. it'll last for a long long time (mine's been running reactor, both co2 and nitro) for about 2 years now, no problems.

One thing you might look into is the 2 o-rings that go into the valve body first, they're kinda tricky to get right.. and the reactor won't go in all the way if they aren't seated properly, first.. IIRC

Doobie
06-23-2002, 05:41 PM
I was having probs with my 'mag. When I called the tech line we tried different things and then I was told to replace my reactor with the stock valve. It's been running fine ever since. When I had my reactor, it would't fit in all the way either. I had to disassenble and reassemble my 'mag upside down. (a habit I still have come to think of it) I did not really notice a difference in performance. I saw a big leap in trigger performance with a power tube spacer kit.
my 2cents

BTW Zads27...I love the last line of your Sig!:D