PDA

View Full Version : Tweener Carriers Working Well (Update)

AGD
06-22-2002, 03:42 AM
All,

We installed the LVL10 kits on the AGD Lions guns tonight and I am happy to report things went very smoothly over 7 guns. The "tweener" carriers made a huge difference with most of the guns ending up with one. These were the first guns to use them.

As a test I had them all follow the setup I outlined in the "quick start for dummies" thread and they got up and running quickly. From there they were one carrier away from working fine. We had one old RT that needed more work and we had to trim a mainspring down more than stock to get it to work right. In all I am now much more confident that we are on track and most of you should have a clear path to a working LVL10 system.

AGD

Havoc_online
06-22-2002, 03:58 AM
sounds great, sooner or later anyone caught without a mag will have to bow down...so help me they will bow....

http://www.mplwebdesign.co.uk/smilies/bow.gif

;)

Halliday
06-22-2002, 07:11 AM
Tom, please get some sleep.

Will Wood
06-22-2002, 08:10 AM
Sounds great, I can't wait to I get mine.

StangRacer
06-22-2002, 09:34 AM
How much of the spring did you have to remove? I have an old school RT, and don't want to take of too much once I start tuning my LVL 10.

personman
06-22-2002, 10:06 AM
I love you Tom...

I wonder how many times I've said this already? :p

wes
06-22-2002, 10:07 AM
WAHTEVA, i love tom more than you! btw tom your the best

LOL personman your location is longer than your post and sig

cphilip
06-22-2002, 12:03 PM
So I am assuming by one you must mean they all used the same carrier (except for the RT you mentioned). That could be the start of being able to narrow down the number of carrires that will need to be packaged then.

And now of course we know for certain that idiots can do it!

(Just kidding lions!;))

RT_Luver
06-22-2002, 12:42 PM
you said something about having to trim down a spring fo the Lvl 10 to work properly for an RT, was that becasue of something in the gun or something he had done? if its because of the gun, will that altered spring be in the pack or exactly what? wil it not make that much of a difference?

davidb
06-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Cphilip, I think he meant that everybody ended up with one of the tweener carriers, not necessarily the same one.

cphilip
06-22-2002, 01:47 PM
Possibly...but that would make them not tweeners in a way! Now they are users! Or no need for some of the non-tweeners...I am now confusing myself... ;)

KamikazePenguin
06-22-2002, 05:22 PM
Cphilip-
But, the tweeners could become users next batch of o-rings. making the users now tweeners but back to users in the future. Thus, still useful. Also, tourney players like myself who are going to be trying to get it to maximum anti-chopsicity will want as many different sized carriers as possible so we can put it on the edge of the performance envolope (also good for the beta testing, need extremes in either direction).

Doobie
06-22-2002, 06:18 PM
KamikazePenguin:

But, the tweeners could become users next batch of o-rings. making the users now tweeners but back to users in the future. Thus, still useful.
...Huh?:confused:

maximum anti-chopsicity
...Wha...?

:) :) :D

cphilip
06-22-2002, 09:54 PM
You got Twinkies? man I love those...

;)

einhander619
06-23-2002, 12:13 PM
I think this old RT issue is interesting. I'll be sure to provide a full report on mine. I have a question, however. With it's decreased recoil, will lvl 10 have any effect on the warp's ability to detect a firing event?

RT-Rockin
06-23-2002, 10:58 PM
Yes, please keep us informed. I also have an early RT and would appreciate any help in getting my lvl-10 tuned.

Thanks,

Rockin

paintbattler
06-23-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Halliday
Tom, please get some sleep.
really, get some sleep..ur up too late