PDA

View Full Version : My classic valve has a crazy leak and on-off blows out

BajaBoy
06-22-2002, 05:34 PM
just today i took off my retro valve and pulled out my classic valve... i do take good care of my stuff so i dont know why its doin this, but when i took the claccis valve out of the rt box i put it on my gun and shot it like 10-15times.. and i short stroked one time bc i was shootin fast and was use to the rt but when i did air leaked out the barrle really bad. ( almost it u just turned your tank on when there is no gun connected to it) and i took it apart and i had a .220 spacer in it (stock) so i put in the smallest one i had/made (.215) and it still did it but not as bad.. any one have this problem or know how 2 fix it? oh and the power tube o-ring is perfect

And wile i was taken the valve apart (pullin it off the gun) the on-off blew out. i did check all the o-rings in the on off they were fine. any one also have this prob?? (and my tank was turned off and the gage said zero and when i poped off the macro line no air came out....)

Coaster
06-24-2002, 11:12 AM
I am not positive this is the problem, but did you check the on/off o-ring? And also... in the 68mag video,if you have it, there is a section on trouble shooting and one of the problems is when you hold down the trigger air leaks down the barrel. About the on/off assembly, before you pulled ou the valve did you fire a couple of shots to get the remaining air out of it(residual air was probably in there)?

Hope this helps :)

FrAuStY
06-25-2002, 03:50 PM
Well if the leak comes down the barrel from the bolt.. you need to install the next longer spacer in order to rectify that leak. The on/off leaking is probably due to a bad oring. Start by changing out the urethane o-ring (big yellowish one) on the bottom of the on/off. If that doesn't fix it then replace the small teflon (Bright white) one. That should clear it up. Other than that it sounds to me like you have too short of a spacer in it and the bolt is sticking forward instead of re-sealing. Does the bolt spring when on the bolt extended past the nose of the bolt? If not.. put a new spring on there and try that. Let us know if it works.

BajaBoy
06-26-2002, 01:41 PM
ok yea i replaced all the orings in the on/off.. i think thats fine as from what i see. Now for the power tube, ok i thought if u have a leak u are spoze to use a smaller spacer.. (im usin the smalles b-c even the stock one leaks really bad) and it might be my bolt spring i never thought of that. It looks fine, it comes over the bolt a lil but not much at all if u want ill put a pic in but i cant now my cam is in my friends car, so if u think it would help by lookin at it let me know