PDA

View Full Version : level 10... 7hrs later.

nerobro
06-23-2002, 03:26 AM
The short story: I got a level 10. I took it home. Started work at 7:40, by 8:10 I was shooting 310fps and stopping on my pinkey.

Today I stopped by the AGD booth.... and stared down the barrel of an extreme e-mag held by our own TK.

I've been with AGD for a while, i've always liked mags. Actually my first "real" paintball gun was a micromag... in fact.. the micromag I have hanging around to this day.

I got the chance to spend some time talking to TK back in the AGD booth, and low and behold i was presented with a level10 kit. My history with mags is well published. (read my skyball experience if you wanna know more about me and mags :-) )

I OWN a mag... but I don't shoot it. As you can probally guess, it eats paint. Being a micromag, it also has a huge breach so the "break the next ball in the stack" was a huge issue for me. I emphisize was... *grins*

During the course of the conversation Tk asked for a level 10 kit..... and then corrected the person bringing him the kit and said no, bring a new one. I soon had in my hands a level 10 kit, and a reciept that said Nero Bro, 1 level 10 kit N/C as per TK. I was kinda out of things to say at that point, so I took my leave to go watch some games. I said I'd go home and try it right away.

Ok.. I did just what i said. though.. there were a few stops on the way. one was into a tree on the way out. the driver I was with managed to spin his saturn vue and slide off the gravel road and do some damage to the flora of badlandz.... it's a saturn, so we got the truck unstuck, and put plastic tab a into slot b and made ti look presentable for the drive home ;-) and did so.

We spent an hour trying to find a 1hr photo finishing shop.. and failed... We took pics of me with TK and TK putting his tongue in front of the extreme bolt and fireing the gun ;-) yes he still has his tongue. and don't try that with your angel.

and then we did dinner.....

So then came time to do the level 10. I have a 1995 micromag2. about the same vintage as my beloved minicocker S# 1795 *grins* It took skreemer and I aproxamately 3 mins to figure out what the tweeners were ( I read the level 10 instructions a few days ago.. so missed out on the latest updates) And to get the right o-ring on there. Our first choice was a little loose, and we're running a 2 band carrier now with 2 shims and the cut spring.

The paint I had on hand was perfect level 10 demo paint. it's polar ice that didn't get it's final stage of treatment.. so it's one bounce paint. Great stuff to hit people with, crap in a mag. Heck it blows up in the breach of a PGP. Not one barrel break, not one chop, not one next ball in the stack break.... we shot 250 rounds of that, and 250 rounds of some slightly aged paint from blitz..... Not a break.

Now... I do have an issue with the kit. Removing the o-ring carrier is difficult, and requires snagging the carrier from behind with a tool and that could well damage the o-ring. i'd like to see some threads on the other side of the carrier so you could put a screw in and lift it out that way... and insert it preferably. My current method for insertion is oiling the carrier, and using the power tube tip to insert it into the power tube without snagging on things or trying to insert it at an angle. those carriers are a really tight fit into the power tube... the only thing I can see for removal is the use of a paperclip setup to snag the carrier, or a dental pick...

now the final question is will there ever be a hardnose superbolt 2? (I've never owned a foamie bolt before.... and I don't beleive I've ever had isssues with balls breaking ON the face of the bolt)

Thanks TK, my mag will finally spend some time on the field in my hands instead of being the loaner gun. (the trigger isn't what I'd like.. but blame the benchy on that) I can finally trust my mag with the new paint out there.

(ahem.. the skyball experience http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27848&highlight=nerobro+skyball+story)

Kaiser Bob
06-23-2002, 03:43 AM
Where can I read about your skyball experience? :)

Skreemer
06-23-2002, 09:22 AM
I have about 20 - 24 shots of the Chicago Open on a roll of film that has to be sent out to get developed... anway on that roll of film is a few shots of the AGD booth one of Nerobro talking with TK and the good shot (I hope it comes out it was awfully dark in the tent) of Tom with his tongue in a mag and pulling the trigger... it was a rather funny situation there's Tom with his tongue stuck in the open breech of a mag... then he sits down and makes a face... "That tastes like crap"... and as Nerobro described aside from a few side trip through the fauna, to the camera shop and dinner we went back and threw a Lvl10 in his micro mag and through some SWAG methodology we got it put together in about a half an hour... it went together much easier than expected though we did have to devise a few tricks to get the O-ring carrier out and look out for the shims... for they are small and easily lost.... Even though I don't own a mag yet I have always been a fan of them but have been biding my time waiting for the perfect oppurtunity (and the money) to get one... IMHO now is the time to get a mag...(though I still don't have the money :(...)

Jonno06
06-23-2002, 09:28 AM
i would like to read ur skyball experience as well...

i cant wait o put lvl10 on my mag.The only this it wont have is an emag conversion,which i want.

Panzerr
06-23-2002, 09:52 AM
There is no foamie on the level 10 bolt, right?

Mossman
06-23-2002, 10:33 AM
I'm pretty sure there is a foamie.

You lucky duck, sounds great, I CANT WAIT!!!

Bwaites
06-23-2002, 11:19 AM
The Level 10 bolt in the classics thread is a foamie bolt.

Bill

CpSuPeRkId
06-23-2002, 11:41 AM
i dont know what this about the foamie, the one i shot at yesterday at the chicago open did not have one. im not a fan of foamies anways. and by the way, u shoulda seen the cocker fans' reactions to it, " holy steaming cow pies Batman!!!" and "the bolt hits lighter than a cocker!"

boggerman
06-23-2002, 01:15 PM
I guess for anyone that wanted to see Tom stick his finger in the breech and pull the trigger, the shot with his tounge in there should suffice, right?:D

liigod
06-23-2002, 01:58 PM
i wana see an ear in the breech!

*edit* snipy snipy

Vegeta
06-23-2002, 02:24 PM
and a reciept that said Nero Bro, 1 level 10 kit N/C as per TK

You are one lucky sob....

glad you got it working to your expectations.

paintbattler
06-23-2002, 03:03 PM
does it change ur game play at all or just shoot faster aor anything?

davidb
06-23-2002, 04:00 PM
lol I had a feeling that the "Level 10 meets Mick Jagger" video would involve Tom's tongue being stuck in a breech.

I'm curious, though. How in the name of pie did you manage that? Maybe it should be "Level 10 meets Gene Simmons"! :D

Skreemer
06-23-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by davidb
lol I had a feeling that the "Level 10 meets Mick Jagger" video would involve Tom's tongue being stuck in a breech.

I'm curious, though. How in the name of pie did you manage that? Maybe it should be "Level 10 meets Gene Simmons"! :D

Some one was doubting the actual workings of the LVL10... for some strange reason Tom stuck his tongue in the open breech and pulled the trigger... I saw it and focused my camera on him so he stood up and got right in front of me... I focused and snapped the shot... he then told the kid to try that with just about anyother gun and he wouln't be able to tell about the expierence...

davidb
06-23-2002, 07:01 PM
No no no, I see the reasoning behind his going oral on the Automag, but I just can't imagine that he managed to get his tongue down a power/vert feed. Hence the Gene Simmons (long tongued singer of KISS fame, for those who don't know) comment.

Butterfingers
06-23-2002, 07:10 PM
Sfl and extreme e-mags have removeable breach blocks once that is removed its real easy to stick anything in there

davidb
06-23-2002, 07:59 PM
I had thought of that, but when you take that out, doesn't the barrel go with it? I could be way off here, I've never seen one other than in pictures, but I thought that with the breech removed there would be nothing on the other side of his tongue. I will assume that I am wrong until someone who knows states otherwise.

Butterfingers
06-23-2002, 10:01 PM
the other side of the breach where the barrel screws in is on the other side of his tounge

Skreemer
06-24-2002, 10:08 AM
just wait till I get the pictures up... and yes I think it was either an extreme or SFL e-mag...

nerobro
06-24-2002, 02:18 PM
it was an extreme.

Jeb_Hoge
06-24-2002, 03:04 PM
American Pie III...Jim nails a Level 10 E-Mag.

Thordic
06-24-2002, 03:28 PM
Saturns rule.

I can kick mine all I want, and it doesn't dent! The perfect car for angry people like me.

Scootyd
06-24-2002, 04:46 PM
Next months APG cover page:

Automags gone oral, Oracles s**k

agdjon
06-25-2002, 11:24 AM
Kids, don't try any of these stunts at home. We are using a prototype valve so don't go and stick your tongue in the breach nor stick any fingers or anything you want broken down the breach. By doing so, you do at your own risk.

Thanks

manike
06-25-2002, 11:36 AM
Agreed with AGDJon, also don't do it with an extreme withought a breech module in or a block at the barrel endof the breech recess (as Tom did in the video) to distance the finger or ball etc the right amount from the bolt...

I did it in an extreme without a block or breech module... and once the bolt gets a safe distance passed a point that it could chop, it accelerates with a greater force to close the breech and fire. That hurts ;) and reminds you of what mag's used to be like before Level 10!

manike

nerobro
06-25-2002, 12:27 PM
This is true, if you try this in a gun that doesn't have the level 10, or is improperly setup.. or has enough gap to reach the "seccond gear" in the bolt travel.. it hurts. I was playing with the extreme, and if you moved your finger back a bit, enough that the bolt got to reach seccond gear.. well it stung a bit. now if you don't have the spring in the level 10 right, it can very nearly behave as a normal mag bolt, and break skin.. and other nasty things.

AGDJon... I live in river forest... I can almost see your house from here ;-)

agdjon
06-25-2002, 12:30 PM
merely a stone throws away :-) Need to grab a drink sometime bro :-)

cphilip
06-25-2002, 12:40 PM
I am glad you guys are bringing up these warnings. We need to dispell the rumors that all set ups will be safe enough to do these things with. be carefull and don't be sticking things you need down there. Use a pencil or something...hey a Dollar even!