PDA

View Full Version : Halo vs Warp Feed

DiveDoc
06-23-2002, 01:50 PM
What will perform better. E-Mag with warp feed or with the Halo Hopper?

paintbattler
06-23-2002, 02:29 PM
well E-mag with warp+12v w/ xboard will perform just as good as a E-mag with halo on it

shartley
06-23-2002, 02:37 PM
well E-mag with warp+12v w/ xboard will perform just as good as a E-mag with halo on it
I would like to add to that…..

An E-Mag with Warp+12V Rev w/Xboard will be BETTER than an E-Mag with Halo on it. Why? Because you can still shoot off strings of balls at ANY Angle with the Warp/Rev combo… but CAN’T with only a Halo.

Now if you talk about just Halo VS Revy… Halo will give you a faster feed (but the Revy is still VERY good).

So, if you had to have either a Revy/Warp combo OR a Halo… I would say Revy/Warp. If you had to either go Revy OR Halo alone, and could afford either, I would say go HALO B. And if you could do whatever you wanted to, and money was not an object, go with a Warp and HALO B.

But most find that the Warp/Revy is more than enough.

Hope that helps.

jurassic
06-23-2002, 02:46 PM
Don't have a Emag, but I do have a Minimag with Hyperframe and retrovalve and 68 4500 Flatline and when used with a Warp and a Revy with Xboard and Vortex impeller it will skip when magic finger of death is used, with the same setup but with a Halo Rev b mod, no skips, runs, errors, chops, nothing but pure goodness when the magic finger of death is in play.:cool: My experience has the Warp and Halo Rev B setup superior to a Warp and Revy used on the same Mag!!;)

Coaster
06-23-2002, 03:14 PM
Divedoc, what are you looking for? Are you looking for the fastest ball feed or to lower your profile? Since your question has the word perform in it, i would think that you are talking about the BPS, not chopping etc..

06-23-2002, 03:32 PM
lv 10 + riccochet 2k + warp

Kaiser Bob
06-23-2002, 03:43 PM
Halo + Warp is the optimal combination, as you can have the gund tilted to over 60 degrees and still run the loader dry. Good luck doing that with a Revy :D

06-23-2002, 03:45 PM
yeah but halos also weigh about 3 pounds. rics are very light.

Bwaites
06-23-2002, 04:56 PM
My HALO doesn't weigh three pounds. And you can make them lighter if you use Lithium batteries.

Ricos might be lighter, but the performance advantage of the HALO is significant! A Ricochet is just an expensive Revy with a built in counter. How many Pro guns have Ricochets on them?

Bill

06-23-2002, 07:00 PM
too bad full auto isn't allowed in tournies. then you would have to worry about feeding faster than 12 or 13 bps. i know some people can pull the trigger that fast but those people are in very small numbers. IMO the halo b is only there to be able to say "i can shoot faster than you"

rjvemt1
06-23-2002, 07:18 PM
How many Pro guns have Ricochets on them? irrelevant! the opinion of a 'pro'(an inappropriate term since nobody earns a living by 'playing' paintball) is tainted by sponsership,shoot what you like.

Bwaites
06-23-2002, 07:34 PM
I would tend to agree about pros except that pros CAN play what they want, nobody is getting paid to play a hopper that I know of, and no one on a major team is playing a Ricochet. (At least that I have seen.)

The Pro part is not necessarily saying that they make their living playing, but that they get paid to play, thus they are "Professionals". Most early pro golfers, tennis players, basketball players, football players etc. also had other jobs. In fact, until as late as the early 80's a lot of pro athletes had off season "real jobs".

Bill

rjvemt1
06-23-2002, 07:48 PM
Most early pro golfers, tennis players, basketball players, football players etc. also had other jobs. In fact, until as late as the early 80's a lot of pro athletes had off season "real jobs". good point!maybe,in twenty years, my son will be the tiger woods of paintball!:D