PDA

View Full Version : Shatnerball Roster II

MagDog68
06-23-2002, 03:00 PM
***UPDATED 8/19/2002***

The Event
On Saturday, August 31, 2002 at Challenge Park Xtreme Chicago, the worlds largest Paintball event will take place pitting AGD's Tom Kaye against the greatest captain in Sci-Fi history, William Shatner. Goto www.spplat.com to register!

**NEWS FLASH**

-Remember that event parking is cheaper for carpoolers! 3 or more people per car + SPPLAT issued parking pass and you park for free, so everyone try to fill those cars. The best parking spots will be given to those with the most people in their vehicles!

-Paintballs will be sold at prices as low as 3 cents per ball, with 1 cent per ball going to charity

-Tom Kaye has now assimilated Wayne Dollack, Ben Torrecelli AND Budd Orr. What a game this will be!

-Anyone who has already signed up for this event, please contact JJ@spplat.com and inform him of your AO allegiance! He has promised to make an AO platoon if we get enough members to join!

-According to JJ - the Borg team is severley undermanned! C'mon people, I know you all want to play alongside our fearless leader Tom and at the sametime light up Shatner!

The Scenario
A distress signal eminating from a distant and unexplored planet has been received by Starfleet Command. It appears that an alien lifeform is being threatened with assimilation by the Borg. This call is answered by Admiral Kirk and a select team of Federation troops. Unfortunately the same transmission has been intercepted by a rogue group of Klingons looking for new worlds to concur and new races to enslave. Now the battle is on with Federation forces trying to save the life of the threatened alien while ridding the planet of the attacking Borg and marauding Klingons. The Borg is working dilligently at taking control of the planet and assimilating the mysterious alien. The Klingon forces are making every effort to bring general havock and mayhem to the planet, the alien life force and all that get in their way. It is soon discovered that many items missing throughout the ages are located on this same planet and now their very existance is in jeapordy. Join the Klingon team as it attempts to secure the thought to be lost batleth known as the "Sword of Kahless" or help the Borg assimilate the alien being and any Klingon or Federation troops which might stand in their way or volunteer to join the Federation troops in their effort to rid the planet of the invaders and restore the alien lifeform to it's rightful place.

The Team
MagDog68
Wyn1370
Fred
Load SM5
OnyX
Kaiser Bob
hitmanng
vf-xx
virus
Gecko
Toymyster
2000Sabre
TechBoy
BlueMagRT
Thordic
SprayingMango
Spacemanspiff
Riotz
Muzikman
Snooky
Rusha
meanelvis
Tack
Slapp
RobAGD
TooDamnSweet
Hasty8
Gambit1106
datapimp69
DSMPilot
TransMan
jim bergles
Ratt
KayleAGD
Josh2Xtremes
Rusty
Xen
Venom
manike
gibby
warpfeedmod
Skreemer
Mantis
nerobro
titansu
Gunga

Havoc_online - Not Attending
CaPoEiRa - Not Attending
Potatoboy - Not Attending
Synreal - Not Attending
The Frymarker - Not Attending
oldsoilder - Not Attending

TooDamnSweet
06-23-2002, 07:23 PM
I'm pretty sure Transman is going. He said he signed up on Spplat a few weeks ago. And I think Cphilip and FatMan are going too. ???

BTW, thanks for including me, but I am playing for the other team.......with the greatest captain in Sci-Fi history, William Shatner.

Or was this your subtle way of trying to assimilate me. :D
Besides, I've only played twice, so your probably better off with me being on the other team. LOL

TransMan
06-23-2002, 10:37 PM
Yup Yup ill be there.

Besides, I've only played twice, so your probably better off with me being on the other team. LOL
Your skill doesnt make a dif to me ;)

BlueMagRT
06-24-2002, 02:57 AM
i am assuming that most if not everyone will be there earlier in the week. I was thinking maybe we should all get together and have a team AO Borg practice. Would be good for those who would like to learn a few things from the veterans and to work on strategies. Not to mention we can learn the fields and how to work them.

anybody else think this is a good idea?

wyn1370
06-24-2002, 07:21 AM
fred and I will be there thurs afternoon (probably around check in time at Red Roof). Maybe we could all head out to the field friday. Hopefully the vendors will be somewhat setup by then too.

2000Sabre
06-24-2002, 07:46 AM
I will be there Thursday afternoon. Definitely a good idea about practice. I was thinking of playing Friday anyway just for that reason. Free field fees for Shatnerball players Thursday & Friday so might as well take advantage. I'm in if we get together.

Clare
06-24-2002, 08:06 AM
Havoc_online and I will be there

meanelvis
06-24-2002, 08:37 AM
woohoo!
<= pumped

oldsoldier
06-24-2002, 09:33 AM
wow, thats not too bad a list! More people there than I had thought. Magdog, what day are we leaving?

nuclear zombie
06-24-2002, 10:56 AM
How many people are suppose to be playing shatner ball ? any estimates?

Bigzamboni
06-24-2002, 11:20 AM
If I can find a way to get there, I want to go. That is a big if though...

And what day does this thing run until? I start school:rolleyes: September 4th, I think.

MagDog68
06-24-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
wow, thats not too bad a list! More people there than I had thought. Magdog, what day are we leaving?

Now I wish I could get more time off. Maybe we can leave Thursday night instead of friday morning. Of course we will have to share the driving! LMK what you think.

~Fred

meanelvis
06-24-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by nuclear zombie
How many people are suppose to be playing shatner ball ? any estimates?

i've heard 2000, i've heard 3000, i've heard 4000. jj might be able to shed some light on this!

** BTW dont forget to add capoeira to the list!!! I fully intend on wooing her away from Havoc_Online at this event ;)

MagDog68
06-24-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by meanelvis

i've heard 2000, i've heard 3000, i've heard 4000. jj might be able to shed some light on this!

** BTW dont forget to add capoeira to the list!!! I fully intend on wooing her away from Havoc_Online at this event ;)

Am I the only person on the face of the planet who has no idea who CaPoEiRa is and what her relationship with Havoc_Online is?!?!?!

~Fred

meanelvis
06-24-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by MagDog68
Am I the only person on the face of the planet who has no idea who CaPoEiRa is and what her relationship with Havoc_Online is?!?!?!

Yes! Not to kiss up but Cap is a very beautiful female pb player. I forget which PB mag featured her (she was sitting next to a classic car of some type in one of the pictures if i remember correctly), but do a search for her on AO and you'll find the thread talking about it.

And their relationship is boyfriend/girlfriend unless i'm mistaken.

MagDog68
06-24-2002, 01:51 PM
I know of her, but is she a Pro? Why was she featured?

~Fred

oldsoldier
06-24-2002, 03:57 PM
Magdog, I will PM you, but we can hash out any final details at the AO meet. And of course I dont mind driving...i drive 5 hrs to go home every month. Besides, I fully intended on splitting costs w/you and whoever else is going.

virus
06-24-2002, 05:41 PM
well... as of right now me and a freind of mine will be getting to the red roof thurs. probly around noon time... driving out wed nite.... so if you see a Elantra with a 2 bumber stickers (ballz slap at 300fps and the BIG-O doner)(2nd one is kinda self cencered.... the older crowd should get it) =)

i was planin on playin friday to see the field and such.... i'm up for a nite out that thursday....

Load SM5
06-24-2002, 06:05 PM
I'm planning to fly in after 5:00 or so on Thursday, so Jon won't have to leave work to pick me up. I'd love to play some on Friday. It would also be a good idea to go to the field anyway and go ahead and register in for Shatnerball. That way we beat the rush. Thursday night would be a bar hopping night.

wyn1370
06-25-2002, 07:29 AM
so to the bars on thurs night it is. Luckily Fred #2 just turned 21 so he won't have to hang around the hotel while we party it up.

MagDog68
06-25-2002, 08:06 AM
And I just gave up drinking and cigarettes - :(

~Fred

JJBrookshire
06-25-2002, 11:24 PM
We (Tom, Shatner, PacMan, CPX crew & I) worked on the scenario and it promises to be entertaining as well as fun. I should be able to submit details to all that have signed up within the next 10 days.

J.J.

OnyX
06-26-2002, 12:27 AM
thnx for the info JJ, and i do think we should get together before the actual event and practice with each other.

CpSuPeRkId
06-26-2002, 01:05 PM
Can somebody tell me what the deal on this is???? ie: paint, admission, hours, what type of play. i live only 40 minutes away and will be glad to come help out the AO community. just tell me how to sign up....

wyn1370
06-26-2002, 01:08 PM
go check out spplat (http://www.spplat.com/news.html). If you need more info, a good thing might be a search on here. There have been many topics on this.

JJ,
we where kind of wondering about the jerseys. Are they all gonna have Shatner's ugly mug on them? And if that's the plan is there any chance we can change your mind. We even had a silly poll going about it here (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39841&highlight=shatner).

JJBrookshire
06-26-2002, 01:20 PM
Paint: Field Paint Only starts at $60/2000 round case

Admission: $100 for SPPLAT members. SPPLAT membership is $35. You can pay $150 if you are not a SPPLAT member and are "math challenged".

Hours: THE game will be Saturday August 31st with first shots at 9:00 AM and ending before dark. You may sign in as early as Wedneday the 28th and play the 28th, 29th and 30th without having to pay an additional field fee.

Type of Play: Scenario/Big Game... If you are eliminated you may regenerate immediately if a medic "de-Splats" you or you may go to a "deSplat center" and return at the next quarter hour.

MagDog68
06-26-2002, 10:50 PM
So JJ, are you gonna play? Did you sell your soul to Shatner to get him to come? We have to keep our eyes on you!!!

~Fred

JJBrookshire
06-26-2002, 11:48 PM
I hope to get out on the field a few times but it will not be very likely that I will do so as a player. As for the soul thing, visit http://www.williamshatner.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=3992&sessionID= to read Shatner's opinion.
J.J.

demonguy8
06-27-2002, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by meanelvis

I can see it now.. Mean gets himself, cap, and havoc alone on a "mission", then spontanously turns and goggs havoc...., and finally says something along the lines of.."well now that WE'RE alone how about you and me go out sometime?".. followed shortly thereafter by the sound of caps mag (assuming its a mag considering AO forum :D ) lighting up mean (for gogging her boyfriend)...

this has officially been my random thought for the day :rolleyes:

- i might go (if only to show off my lvl 10).... it depends whats going on at ISU ( I leave for school aug 15th):(

MagDog68
06-28-2002, 11:59 AM
Does anyone have Scenario experience? I am trying to find out if anyone else will be bringing landmines or grenade launchers.

JJ - will these be legal?

~Fred

wyn1370
06-28-2002, 12:56 PM
you think we could get a bulk discount on gernades? I'll check with my buddy that runs a store, he might be able to hook us up.
But as of right now I hadn't planned on bringing anything other than me and my mass of markers. Which will hopefully include dual sidearms (no not sydarms). I've got a PT extreme comming in today and might pic up a squall for kicks.

Mantis
06-29-2002, 11:22 AM
2 of my friends and I are signed up now... I put Automags Online for our team name on the signup sheet, should we e-mail as well?
I'm probably driving out Wednesday or Thursday to play the free days, my friends will meet me later. We are all experienced scenario players (have played several Dollack games at Hell Survivors) but we don't go in much for launchers or mines... and we haven't carried hand grenades since they stopped making the M69. But we have radios and are used to being out in the field for several hours at a time.
Any other Detroit area people, when are you leaving? Maybe we can convoy or something.

meanelvis
06-29-2002, 11:53 AM
mantis, what radios do you recommend for this?

Mantis
06-29-2002, 03:05 PM
I use a Cobra Microtalk. My friend got Motorolas, and while they are nice, I think they are overpriced for the features he got. Mine has a digital screen, it's very easy to change channels/sub-channels.
I would look for something more than what you see in a drugstore nowadays- they're selling those cheapo FRS radios everywhere. Find one that has more than 0.5 watt transmission power, you will need it to get a clear transmission through a lot of forest.
Also, I think to be effective you need to have a headset that fits comfortably under your mask, which is push-button NOT VOX activated. VOX seems like a good idea, until you realize that breathing heavily and the sound of your marker firing turns it on, which can get annoying.
One other good feature is the ability to turn off the sirens and bells and such. Some radios have a "private call" feature which makes a REALLY loud ring in your ear on certain models.

Tack
06-29-2002, 04:51 PM
You can put a friend of mine on the roster. I'm not sure if he has joined AO yet because his computer is down but he is a new Mag owner and signed up a couple of weeks back while at CPX. His name is Don but everyone calls him Ratt.

MagDog68
07-02-2002, 01:08 PM
Folks, according to JJ at SPPLAT, the Borg team is under-manned! We need players and we need them now! Just 15 more people are needed to create the elite AO Sqaud! Think about it - 50 experienced, Mag toting AOers against 2000 trekkies wannabes! Sounds like a fair fight to me!

~Fred

virus
07-02-2002, 01:24 PM
yes that does sound fair to me.....

i just read the transcript for the pbc chat with JJ... said most of the people signed up were us from here and trekkies.... this is goona be fun =)

seems like all we will have to worry about are the generals under manwusscow and shatner....

all i know depending on how my back is doing on those dayz(slipped disk) i'll either be up for the long rampages into the emeny lines or hangin back protecting out leader.... but i'll be bring some piankillers so i should be up for the real fun =)

wyn1370
07-02-2002, 01:29 PM
does anybody know if tom is going to throw any cool AO parties wed/thurs/fri. Since there will be so many of us there, maybe we can con him into a factory tour.

Slapp
07-02-2002, 03:06 PM
We should get as many of us AO players there on Friday at least (and earlier for those who can make it) for recon of the field and unit practice. Being able to warm up and walk the fields together will allow those of us familiar with the CPX layout to highlight geography for our out of town team mates making us more effective on missions. It might also help for squad leaders to arrive for practice with us if they are known ahead of time. That way we can tie up details such as organized use of FRS radios for the team, importance of grenades, think about special squads for folks with ghillie suits etc...

It's going to be a hoot!

jeffremiller
07-02-2002, 05:31 PM
I'm in... finally verified that I can make it. Coming up with KayleAGD. Finally get to dust off that ghillie suit :)

J_

wyn1370
07-08-2002, 09:52 AM
I have nothing usefull to add. Just wanted to bump and say that I can't wait, this is going to be a blast.

07-08-2002, 03:18 PM
i am going to be regestering tommorrow, not shure which one of my names to register under, got a different handle for each message board i am on.

i live in the chicago area.... can you say party at my house ;) (due to some physical deformity, i am unable to speak thoes words, so i guess that is not an option ;) ).
wouldn't mind hanging out or something though before hand.

JJBrookshire
07-08-2002, 04:00 PM
Make sure you put "AO" or "Automags.org" in the "Team Name" blank. This will put you in the "AO Platoon". Just a heads up, ya'll may want to get there plenty early on Friday so you can have your jersey's customized by Wicked Mpulse. Maybe put "AO Platoon" or "X of Y" on the backs of your jerseys?

Load SM5
07-08-2002, 06:04 PM
Oh, that's nice if they can be customized. When is the earliest we can register in?

What do you guys think? "Screen Names" or "Automags Online"

Clare
07-08-2002, 06:08 PM
"Screen names" would be nice... :D

JJBrookshire
07-08-2002, 06:08 PM
You might consider screen name along the back of the shoulders and "AO" where the Number goes

Load SM5
07-08-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by JJBrookshire
You might consider screen name along the back of the shoulders and "AO" where the Number goes

Sounds good to me. Everyone? Opinions? Should cut down on the "Hey, you with the head, get down!" yells.

JJBrookshire
07-08-2002, 06:14 PM
It also shows that you are all part of the "AO Platoon"...Keep up the recruiting drive and you may have an "AO Company"!

Clare
07-08-2002, 06:16 PM
no one is going to be able to pronounce mine, I have a feeling I'm going to be called "cape-oh" a lot.

Load SM5
07-08-2002, 06:19 PM
Yea, I'd just go with Cap-O. Or throw the whole think on there and watch people call you Cap-O anyway.

Clare
07-08-2002, 06:22 PM
Yea, I'd just go with Cap-O. Or throw the whole think on there and watch people call you Cap-O anyway.

yeah that's what I know will happen :D .. could I use a different name ?

Load SM5
07-08-2002, 06:27 PM
How about "Cap the Core Member"?

Clare
07-08-2002, 06:28 PM
How about "Cap the Core Member"?

hehe, only if you use, "Load the other core member"...

Load SM5
07-08-2002, 06:34 PM
But I'm not. It's well established that you are.:D I'd just go with Cap-O. You could put Crow T. Robot and we'd all call you Cap-O. Don't fight it. Give in.

Clare
07-08-2002, 06:36 PM
nooo...if anything I'd go with Tom Servo. Capo huh...what about Hello Kitty? fine..I'll just use my whole AO name.

MagDog68
07-08-2002, 09:31 PM
Make sure you put "AO" or "Automags.org" in the "Team Name" blank. This will put you in the "AO Platoon". Just a heads up, ya'll may want to get there plenty early on Friday so you can have your jersey's customized by Wicked Mpulse. Maybe put "AO Platoon" or "X of Y" on the backs of your jerseys?

JJ - Fred and I have already licensed the right to refer to ourselves as x of 2! Don't give anyone else our idea!!! :D

~Fred

Josh2Xtremes
07-09-2002, 01:54 AM
Hey guys, Josh Silverman from Paintaball 2Xtremes here! Not only will I be covering the Shatner game, but I will also be playing for the Borg with my Automag. Count me in for any plans you have and add me to the roster.
Josh :D

demonguy8
07-09-2002, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
nooo...if anything I'd go with Tom Servo. Capo huh...what about Hello Kitty? fine..I'll just use my whole AO name.

I really dont think I could take a game seriously, If I had to ask somone named "HelloKitty" to cover me... I dunno it just somehow ruins the "wargame" feel of a scenario... Besides you cant use it unless your using the hellokitty mag
:rolleyes:

This has been my second random thought of this thread.... :cool:

MagDog68
07-09-2002, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Josh2Xtremes
Hey guys, Josh Silverman from Paintaball 2Xtremes here! Not only will I be covering the Shatner game, but I will also be playing for the Borg with my Automag. Count me in for any plans you have and add me to the roster.

Jew! What's up man? Thordic and I played with you at the Replicant Run - Wayne Dollack game! Alright, we got some press coverage now! hee hee

~Fred

Clare
07-09-2002, 06:33 AM
really dont think I could take a game seriously, If I had to ask somone named "HelloKitty" to cover me... I dunno it just somehow ruins the "wargame" feel of a scenario... Besides you cant use it unless your using the hellokitty mag

*sigh* it was a joke! ;)

Load SM5
07-09-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Josh2Xtremes

Excellent, AO's own war correspondent. Remember my left side is my best one:D

Good to have you aboard Josh.

meanelvis
07-09-2002, 01:32 PM

i'm totally in on that one!

JJBrookshire
07-09-2002, 01:46 PM
Just to give AOrs the "heads up":

If you have a digital or high 8 video camera, bring it to the event. Creative Light Entertainment (www.crlight.com) will be producing a made for TV 2 hour documentary of Shatnerball. They will provide high 8 and digital tape for those of you that can use it at no charge! You will be required to turn in the tape after the event and will be given film credits if your footage is used. This will be a chance for you to film your teamates gearing up, strategizing and playing.

Josh2Xtremes
07-09-2002, 03:15 PM
What's up MagDog? That's right, the Jew is coming! When we get on the field at Challenge Park make sure you come see me and we'll all shoot people together...and I don't mean with a camera!
Josh

07-09-2002, 03:47 PM
just signed up, i am tempted to play with the sterling that i have been putting in a little work on lately ^_^

Muzikman
07-11-2002, 02:57 PM
First off, will anyone yell at me if I play with Palmer guns?:) I'll strap my Sydarm on if that makes you guys feel better:)

But anyways, someone better make sure that Wicked Mpulse brings quite a few large "A" "O" letters. We would like these larger than the normal lettering on jersey's. Wonder if they can do it.

Anyone else realize how expensive this even is getting? I just added it up;

Plane Tix: $131.00 (from Pittsburgh)
Rental Car: $297.00 (for the week)
Hotel: $495 (Hampton Inn for the week)
Event Fee: $100.00
Paint: $60 /case
Beer: Who knows but a lot
Feed: Depends on how much beer I drink

I could buy a C+C Extreme for what I am spending on this event...but it's gonna be great. BTW, I will have 1 or 2 extra Motorola talkabouts with a PTT earbud if anyone is interested.

MagDog68
07-11-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
First off, will anyone yell at me if I play with Palmer guns?:) I'll strap my Sydarm on if that makes you guys feel better:)

We won't hold it against you - but you should probably bring the Sydarm anyway, lots of us would like to steal...err... shoot it. :D

~Fred

wyn1370
07-11-2002, 03:09 PM

I'll be shooting my GZ timmy and with luck a squall. So don't worry too much about it.
Unless I get convinced to by an Extreme.

Load SM5
07-11-2002, 05:35 PM
BTW, I will have 1 or 2 extra Motorola talkabouts with a PTT earbud if anyone is interested.

I'll take you up on that. Thanks.

MagDog68
07-13-2002, 12:28 AM
Anyone read the warpig.com (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=40552&goto=newpost) article on shatner writing and actually playing in the event? check it out!

~Fred

Josh2Xtremes
07-13-2002, 12:30 AM
I hope you like 'em! :D

MagDog68
07-13-2002, 12:38 AM
How could we not notice! We are among greatness here people!

It actually incredible when you think about the people AO gives us access to - Tom Kaye and his entire tech team, Bill Mills, Doc , Maghog (Triggernomics) and now Josh who is without a doubt going to introduce a TON of people to Automags.org through Paintball2Xtreme magazine!

We have been truly lucky to be part of the AO experience people! We all owe Tom Kaye, Webby and all the Mods alot!

~Fred

Josh2Xtremes
07-13-2002, 01:08 AM
Introduce people to AO through Paintball 2Xtremes?? Precisely WHAT kind of Automag shooter would I be if I didn't? :D

MagDog68
07-16-2002, 11:36 AM
Spplat.com has finally given us a taste of the scenario for Shatnerball. Check it out here - http://www.spplat.com/news.html

I am also trying to contact JJ about getting the Jerseys Pre-Ordered, so that our Screennames can be imprinted prior to our arrival. I just emailed him, so we have to wait and see.

~Fred

meanelvis
07-16-2002, 12:13 PM

I am also trying to contact JJ about getting the Jerseys Pre-Ordered, so that our Screennames can be imprinted prior to our arrival. I just emailed him, so we have to wait and see.

good call, man. i'm very interested in this, as i might not be able to get there till that saturday morning. and i wanna be cool like the rest of the AO'ers! :)

Load SM5
07-16-2002, 12:22 PM
I'm curious as to how the jersey's run in terms of size. My JT Camo XL is nice and roomy but my JT Premiere with all the venting is skin tight on my forearms and drives me crazy. If they run smallish I may want to go a size up.

JJBrookshire
07-16-2002, 12:24 PM
Unfortunately we will not have the jerseys available to be customized until a couple of days before the game. You will need to sign in to get your jersey and then take it to the WickedMpulse booth to have it customized. One of the major points to this is to "encourage" people to sign in before Saturday morning. If every player shows up on Saturday AM we'll have a hard time getting them all on the field before game start time. We plan on running registration as late as need be on Friday and will open at 5:00 AM on Saturday.

meanelvis
07-16-2002, 12:25 PM
fair enough- thanks for the quick reply!

JJBrookshire
07-16-2002, 12:27 PM
Landmines, grenades, etc... will be allowed provided they are not determined to be unsafe. For example "cool burning" smoke grenades will be fine but not those that would likely start a forest fire.

MagDog68
07-16-2002, 12:40 PM
Landmines, grenades, etc... will be allowed provided they are not determined to be unsafe. For example "cool burning" smoke grenades will be fine but not those that would likely start a forest fire.

What about breakaway tripwire landmines? I have made a few spring loaded landmines that are activated by a tripwire pulling a pin - would that be legal?

~Fred

JJBrookshire
07-16-2002, 12:56 PM
We hope to see a wide variety of "toys" and I anticipate the Borg will be rather "technocentric" (in keeping in character). You are welcome to bring those land mines. If we find these to be unsafe, we'll let you know. Use your best judgement and you will most likely be fine. I want you to feel like you can be creative but just remember we are there to have fun and make sure everyone has a safe and good time.

Mango
07-16-2002, 02:16 PM
Team BlackCell will be at the hotel (The Red Roof Inn, Joliet) on Thursday the 29th, and plans to sign in and get all our stuff at that time. I also hope to get our jerseys customized then also.

Where is everyone else staying? We should all get together and survey the field like someone said a few posts back. Set up a time and place to meet and we're there.

wyn1370
07-16-2002, 02:32 PM
I know some of the Michigan crew will be there on thursday and will be at the red rood inn (in Joliet).
I think the plan was to head out on the town thurs night. Go to the field friday and survey the layout and vendors.

MagDog68
07-16-2002, 03:21 PM
OldSoldier and myself will hopefully get into Joliet in the early evening of Friday. We are staying at the Red Roof Inn. Looks like I won't be able to abstain from alcohol that weekend - so much for my dream of being a Menonite...

~Fred

Muzikman
07-16-2002, 03:33 PM
I am flying in Tuesday night and Staying at the Hampton Inn in Joliet. I plan on registering and customizing the jersey some time Wednesday and maybe even playing a little. I plan on hitting the blues clubs Wednesday night and then doing it all the same Thursday. I plan on getting a good night sleep friday night, so I probably will not be partying then, but since my flight home is not until 6pm Sunday, I will probably party it up Saturday night:)

datapimp69
07-16-2002, 03:35 PM
just a note,

im bringing 3 bud's with me. they arent on AO and dont own mags. but they play good.

i asked JJ if they could be in the AO group. but havent heard back.

so you can count them as well.

JJBrookshire
07-16-2002, 03:37 PM
Sorry, if I did not get back with you, but so far we have been able to accomodate all requests.

J.J.

MagDog68
07-16-2002, 03:59 PM
Sorry, if I did not get back with you, but so far we have been able to accomodate all requests.

J.J.

So now the question is - how many people that have registered from AO have notified JJ of their intention to be AO Team members? And how many are bringing non-AOers that want to be part of us too?

I am going to try to contact everyone I have on my list and get their real names and forward them to JJ so we are sure to have enough members to fill out an entire platoon.

~Fred

Tack
07-16-2002, 06:50 PM
Got a question for you all. Have you recieved your info packets yet? I talked to JJ at D-Day in OK. and he said that they would be getting the packets out within a week or two. That has been a long time ago and I still havn't got anything. Just wanted to find out if there was a slip up on my entry or something. I moved into a new house since I regestared but everything should have been forwarded here.

Also, J.J. If you havn't gotten any of my E-Mails. Wasn't I the one who won the drawing for the Stars & Stripes at D-Day. Richard Easter. You E-Mailed me saying that I was the winner and you would ship the marker in a week or so. That was last month. Just wondering.

oldsoldier
07-16-2002, 07:18 PM
I havent received an info packet...I knew nothing about it. Also, I didnt get a confirmation on being on the AO team either...but I dont think too many ppl did. If you entered AO as your team name, you should be all set.

Tack
07-16-2002, 07:29 PM
Thanks Soldier, I guess I am just worried that I will get there and they won't have any of my info. I did get a conformation on regestration but I don't know where it is.

Load SM5
07-16-2002, 07:36 PM
I got my shirt, packet and info fairly quickly. My shirt is already worn out and stained. I need another one JJ. But I signed up a long time ago before the rush. Any of you guys flying should be aware that there is a discount code for a few airlines for people taking a plane to Shatnerball. If you signed up but have;nt gotten the packet you may want to get that before you buy tickets.

Tack
07-16-2002, 07:39 PM
I actually signed up at D-Day for SPPLAT but for the game in March. I was told by J.J. that there would be an info packet sent out with stuff on the game. I may have been mistaken but I don't think so.

07-16-2002, 08:37 PM
Folks, according to JJ at SPPLAT, the Borg team is under-manned! We need players and we need them now! Just 15 more people are needed to create the elite AO Sqaud! Think about it - 50 experienced, Mag toting AOers against 2000 trekkies wannabes! Sounds like a fair fight to me!

~Fred

If Cphillip is coming I might be able to get my Dad to bring me. He had a lot of fun with him and Fatman in JErsey.

MagDog68
07-16-2002, 09:53 PM
Tack:
I recieved my stuff for SPPLAT membership pretty quickly. I love carrying that member card around with me :D. I am sure you will get it soon, JJ is probably pretty busy with all the planning right now.

845:
I spoke to cphilip at jersey and neither him nor Fatman had plans on attending Shatnerball...but they did have an awesome time at the Level 10 party, so who knows?

cphilip & Fatman:
You two were a blast, you have to come to Chicago...it wouldn't be an AO party w/o you!!!

~Fred

JJBrookshire
07-16-2002, 09:55 PM
Packets were delayed due to new info that needs to be included. These will go out in the next few days. As for the Stars and Stripes...You did win but the one I have is missing some of the literature and I expect that to arrive tomorrow. When it does I'll send the marker to you at the Ashland, MO address I have.

MagDog68
07-16-2002, 09:57 PM
JJ Brookshire - "The man that never sleeps" :D

~Fred

Tack
07-16-2002, 10:57 PM
Thanks for all the info J.J. I'll be looking for the marker in the mail.

wyn1370
07-17-2002, 07:30 AM
cphilip & Fatman:
You two were a blast, you have to come to Chicago...it wouldn't be an AO party w/o you!!!
And here I was thinking I might get to meet uncle phil and fatman in person. We should start a petition to get them to come.

2000Sabre
07-17-2002, 01:58 PM
I plan on bringing both my markers with me to the Shatnerball game. I have an SFL and an Angel IR3 that I will be using. Obviously I'm not going to be using both of them at the same time. Are there areas other than the staging area where these can be locked up or is it up to me to secure my gear myself. I.E. pad locks and chains.

Just curious because I don't want anything to turn up missing as I have personally had cash and my cell phone ripped off at local fields. I know you have to carry everything with you because the parking lots are too far away to leave stuff in the car. Anyone know if they have lockers at CPX? What are you guys all doing to keep theft from rearing it's ugly head?

MagDog68
07-17-2002, 02:25 PM
The one decent thing I can say about Skirmish is that their parking lot is right next to the field for special events. I was able to keep all my stuff in my car and take a quick 5 minute walk between it and the playing field. I would NEVER leave my E-Mag ungaurded at an event like that.

~Fred

JJBrookshire
07-17-2002, 05:40 PM
Parking at CPX should be close for most everyone at the event. You will need to carpool from the hotel if at all possible. Best parking will be given to those with 3+ in a vehicle.

2000Sabre
07-18-2002, 12:17 PM
Any one who is planning on attending Shatnerball you better reserve your hotel room if you haven't already done so. I called five hotels in the Joliet area before I finally found a room. Looks like things are filling up fast.

JJBrookshire
07-18-2002, 12:21 PM
If you need to make any travel arrangements you should visit
http://www.etsintl.com/Spplat2002_overview.htm for informaion. This agency is coordinating all of the travel to get everyone the best deals and locations.

alkafluence
07-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by 2000Sabre
I plan on bringing both my markers with me to the Shatnerball game. I have an SFL and an Angel IR3 that I will be using. Obviously I'm not going to be using both of them at the same time. Are there areas other than the staging area where these can be locked up or is it up to me to secure my gear myself. I.E. pad locks and chains.

Pad locks and chains are recommended... although I've left my stuff out and have never had it stolen at CPX, over the numerous times I've been there.

Just curious because I don't want anything to turn up missing as I have personally had cash and my cell phone ripped off at local fields. I know you have to carry everything with you because the parking lots are too far away to leave stuff in the car. Anyone know if they have lockers at CPX? What are you guys all doing to keep theft from rearing it's ugly head?

There are no lockers at CPX. And yes, the parking lot is quite a bit away from the "central park" staging area.

MagDog68
07-19-2002, 10:43 AM
JJ-

A quick question on Shatnerball game play. Will the Borg be assimilating players somehow? I was wondering how this may work. I read the write up of the game and it says we will be assimilating an "Alien Race" - somehow I assume that we will have a fourth army with no alliances in this game...any comment?

Also, I was wondering if there was a way to be anything other than a drone. I am sure their are 'special forces' characters in this game - how do you choose them?

~Fred

JJBrookshire
07-19-2002, 11:50 AM
The Borg will not "assimilate" others during the game in the true sense of the word. That would create a situation where the Borg would eventually consist of everyone and would not be a very fun game for most.

Assimilation is going on now in that the Borg is assimilating/recruiter others to join in their team.

There will be "special forces" as well as tanks and tank killer teams along with the drone/infantry. Missions will be assigned by Tom as the Borg commander.

virus
07-19-2002, 02:51 PM
so JJ... are we going to be gettin another packet in the mail on the game or have we seen them all now.....

Rusty
07-24-2002, 11:17 PM
The Freak tank is comming along fine with the refit. It seems that some of the tanks will be shooting nerf rockets as anti tanks rounds and some atomic ordinance stuff to. They will be putting in rules for tank mounted markers to hit other tanks. With that bit of info the whole world looks better now. I installed a new speed controll on the twin emags, They rock!! I will still keep the main gun in the turret. The nerf rockest really go out of that main gun.
So far there is 6 tanks comming to the event that have posted on warpig. Maybe more. We will also have the howitzer to help defend what ever main base we get.At 100 balls a shot it should be pretty easy to tag a tank in the open once you get range. Or we can use it to lob the grenades into other forts.
What do you think about a flag the has the basic yellow smiley face on it but 1/3 rd of the face is borg.Electric eye and metal covers?
You may have seen the name Jim bergles on other posts. Well jim and rusty are one in the same. Somehow my old password stopped working so I relisted. And after looking at the other boards the Borg are way ahead of the ball game. At least we arent arguing about how many floors AGD actually has in the shop. Well the ones above ground not counting the secret laboratory where the elves work.
Jim Bergles
Freak Tank

Rusty
07-24-2002, 11:28 PM
I hope to roll in about 1200 hrs Friday to get checked in.And get my Armour and cannon safety inspected.Come SAturday it is unlimber, chrono and go.
The last thing is I need an opinion on the new color for the tank and cannon. I will be repainting Them for this event. Borg Black will be to hot. What ideas do the masses have? Olive drab is dull. How about blood red will black out lines. It will be sporting some borg queen cutouts on the side of it. small pin up size of course.

jim Bergles
Freak Tank

Load SM5
07-24-2002, 11:36 PM
I like the half borg smiley face flag idea. As far as color goes, how about a titanium grey color with some black circuit board looking detail? Can't wait to see this thing as use it for cover.

Rusty
07-25-2002, 10:50 PM
here is a rough draft I was thinking of. mAybe somebody with some real talent could work it up a bit.

MagDog68
07-25-2002, 11:11 PM
LOL...that is classic! Don't change it! The rudimentary style gives it some class - to much refinement will take something away.

~Fred

Rusty
08-03-2002, 11:36 PM
just a quick pic update of Borg Armour. I have alot of the break up pattern to stick in yet. once that is done and the cannon to match I will resend it. The new turret is on the tank and everything works. the twin emags are in the open spots on the front of the turret. the center cannon can shoot nerf rockets or about a 25 ball load. the rockets really go though. I should be able to launch 6 max per minute or 4 min of the rockets. the shotgun rounds take a little extra to load. The front and sides will feature the borg emblem in red.
Jimb

Riotz
08-04-2002, 12:13 AM
Hey I'm on the list! When did that happen :p

MagDog68
08-04-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Riotz
Hey I'm on the list! When did that happen :p
You must have said you were coming somewhere along the way and i added you.
~Fred

hitmanng
08-05-2002, 12:24 AM
Seems like the RedRoof is the official AO hang out for this?? Are we carpooling or what?? Has anyone heard about exibitor tents etc. I have never been to this field can it really handle the 3000 people I here are coming. How many of us have scenario experiance? I know a lot of shatner guys that are hard core waiting to mess with our heads.
Hitmanng

DSMPilot
08-05-2002, 02:48 AM
I'm gonna stay at Red Roof, Joliet as well. How are we all gonna hook up once we get there? Does anybody have an extra seat for carpooling? I'll split the rental costs of course. Can't wait to meet fellow AO'ers.

Tony C

wyn1370
08-05-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by DSMPilot
I'm gonna stay at Red Roof, Joliet as well. How are we all gonna hook up once we get there? Does anybody have an extra seat for carpooling? I'll split the rental costs of course. Can't wait to meet fellow AO'ers.

Tony C
you might want to say where you are located to get some offers

DSMPilot
08-06-2002, 12:31 AM
I'll be comming from San Francisco...Anyone?? HAHA..J/K I meant carpooling from Red Roof to the park.

Tony C

Rusty
08-06-2002, 04:06 PM
I will be at the Ramada if 1 or 2 need a ride. I dont know how far it is from the red roof. How many will be there for Sunday to watch the tank battle? I have my room for Friday but did not get it for SAturday not knowing if the Freak would still be in operation mode after Saturday.
I wouldnt worry about the Shattner boys messin with our heads durring the game. We also got stuff they aint never seen before that they will have to deal with. If they come out on top , hats off to them. But as of right now I just cant see that. They will spend half the day getting thier players away from Kirk who are trying to get an autograph. The Klingons will all be gaulking at the chiks cow brings with and be to occupied to play the game anyway. The Borg are sitting pretty right now the way I look at it.All we have to worry about is that Tom Doesnt bring to many doghnuts to the orgy.I am like Homer when it comes to doghnuts. I might even make abumper sticker for the tank that says "Fat man in the Box"
jb

Xen
08-06-2002, 04:39 PM
I will be there :D

hitmanng
08-07-2002, 11:22 PM
My wife officially decided to stay home so I can drive a few over from Red Roof.
Hitmanng

P8ntballerAK
08-10-2002, 05:22 AM
I am trying to get there, we will see if i can get down the Alcan and back.

wyn1370
08-13-2002, 03:23 PM
less than a month away time to bump this back up.
I'm thinking we need a new thread with more info on everybody (date and time of arrival, where you will be lodging, what the official nightly plans are, whether or not we'll have a tour and donut orgy, and when we will all get together to tour and play the fields)

Rusty
08-13-2002, 03:52 PM
I agree, We need the pre game meeting Friday night or even Friday at the field. But when we set a date and time lets use the private email to contact all involved. Spies will be everywhere. And since we will not be at the field the game rules do not apply to who wanders in there.
jim B
Army of One in the Freak

oldsoldier
08-13-2002, 09:22 PM
Who is the guy doing the names on the gogs? Even though I am no longer going, I would still like mine, if it was made. If someone remembers who it is, please have him PM me. Thanks.

Load SM5
08-13-2002, 09:46 PM
That was me. I'll get with you after I make them this week and get your address to send them to you. Sorry you can't make it. I still owe you that getting-to-go-home-beer.

Tack
08-14-2002, 01:03 AM
Load, when are you going to hand out the name stickers? My team for the Action Markers Pump tourney will be buisy from noon to Lord knows when on Friday. It would be nice to have them before the tourney.

oldsoldier
08-14-2002, 04:19 AM
thanks man...much appreciated.

Load SM5
08-14-2002, 07:04 AM
Tack- I'm getting in Thursday afternoon and I suppose Jon and I are going to the Red Roof Inn that night. I'll have them on me.

manike
08-14-2002, 09:35 AM
Just booked my flight ticket :eek: hella expensive! It looks like I may be around for a while after attending a machining show in Chicago, and then possibly even heading over to see Ford in Detroit...

Anyway I get in at:-

to O'Hare (Chicago) Terminal 5

BA297 Confirmed
Departing: 28AUG 2002 12:30
Arriving: 28AUG 2002 15:05

So looks like Thursday afternoon for me also...

Now I just need to find somewhere to stay :)

manike

Muzikman
08-14-2002, 11:03 AM
Manike, Ya can bunk with me. I am getting in Tuesday evening.

manike
08-14-2002, 11:26 AM
Manike, Ya can bunk with me. I am getting in Tuesday evening.

Cool! Where are you staying? And when are you leaving? due to being in town for a show the next week, I'll be around a while...

I'm thinking to spend Monday persuading Tom to buy my software and then Wednesday he can come to the show to make a purchase ;) lol

Is anyone else going to be around/hanging out on Sunday etc? I wouldn't min trying this CPP indoor... I've never played indoor! We don't have them over here.

manike

Load SM5
08-14-2002, 12:15 PM
I'll be around on Sunday if you want to check it out. I've never played indoor, either. God knows, we could use one down here to escape the oppresive heat.

wyn1370
08-14-2002, 12:22 PM
I'll be around, but I was going to watch (maybe help) the tank battle. But if you go later, I might go.

BlueMagRT
08-14-2002, 01:54 PM
hey i'll be there hey i'm around joliet all year long cause i live in chicago. i was planning on checking out the field wednesday and thusday to make sure all my gear is working after i get done tinkering with it. ccp on sunday sounds good unless there are better things going on a cpx. i haven't seen a detailed list yet to know for sure.

Muzikman
08-14-2002, 11:42 PM
I am staying at the Hampton Inn in Juliet. I am flying out Sunday evening, so if we go to CCP late morning I am all for it.

P8ntballerAK
08-15-2002, 03:05 AM
Ok, I guess I will ask formally, is there anyone near Alaska that might be able to give me a ride down the AlCan highway? I know it is a long shot and I know I need to move out of this god forsaken state. It is worth a try. Let me know

thanx

Gambit1106
08-15-2002, 12:57 PM
Lets bump this back up.

Also people LMK if anyone needs a ride from airports or anything I live in Joliet and will help out and will be off of work on Thursday and Friday. Also if necessary I have a pickup and we can load bags in the bed to make more room in peoples cars for carpooling and unload the truck after the event.

Darren

manike
08-15-2002, 01:42 PM
If I can sort a few work things out I'll fly out a little earlier... we shall see! It might be worth doing some 'tactical' reccies of the field ;)

I'm going to be staying in Chicago until the 11th of Sept or so, and then in Detroit for a few days and maybe even the next weekend... :)

manike

Gecko
08-15-2002, 03:12 PM
due to financial and some other issues i will not be able to make it to shatnerball. Good luck everyone
Gecko

MagDog68
08-15-2002, 05:43 PM
Got a lot of people backing out...hope the trend doesn't continue.

~Fred

JJBrookshire
08-15-2002, 05:46 PM
According to today's numbers The Borg now slightly outnumber the Klingons!!

Gambit1106
08-15-2002, 08:19 PM
JJ,

Right now what are the approx number of people? Overall and per team?

Darren

Rusty
08-15-2002, 09:07 PM
here is the new make over. I wanted something
stylish but modern. and loud and something that will show up on film! The cannon shoots great. It will be rockin for fort defense against any armour that comes in. Very accurate when shot with low arc. If they let me shoot higher pressures at a 45 degree angle we could reach out and touch any fort at over 100 yards.
I have had people email me about the pre game meeting. Where are we going to have it. I suggest the field Friday night. We should be able to find a spot. Most of us will be there anyway. Now what time?
Chicago news had a story about Kirk being at the field today practicing. I think they are worried about us! I think the cow was there also, but I am not sure. All second hand grapevine stuff.
jimb

MagDog68
08-15-2002, 10:31 PM
Let's meet at a restaurant ..."excuse me, table for 50 please" :D

~Fred

Clare
08-15-2002, 10:35 PM
Sorry Guys, looks like I won't be able to make it. :( I hope you all have a blast and take tons of pictures :D

Muzikman
08-15-2002, 10:46 PM
I say someone fly to Austin on their way to Chicago and kidnap Capo:)

Riotz
08-16-2002, 12:29 AM
Well, I am in Houston, Texas right now. I offered to put her in my suitcase and take her back to NJ with me. She didn't like THAT idea. :(

gibby
08-16-2002, 11:54 AM
I will be playing as well! However, I will be playing with my good friend, TooDamnSweet, on the Federation side. Tis a dark day when my mag turns on his brothers and sisters...but it shall be fun nonetheless! :)

Load SM5
08-16-2002, 12:25 PM
Well, I have no problems turning my mag on traitors.;) I'll buy you some ice and some potassium pills for all those bruises you'll have when it's all over.

gibby
08-16-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Well, I have no problems turning my mag on traitors.;) I'll buy you some ice and some potassium pills for all those bruises you'll have when it's all over.
LOL!! Right on Load! I'll buy you a beer when I tag you out. Just don't cry on me. ;)

Load SM5
08-16-2002, 05:16 PM
Not a problem. It'll be too hot and I'll be too dehydrated to cry.;)

TooDamnSweet
08-16-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Not a problem. It'll be too hot and I'll be too dehydrated to cry.;)

I cannot believe you let him get away with that! You're getting soft Load......:D

Load SM5
08-16-2002, 07:24 PM
Nah, just figured it would draw you out of hiding. Where have you been?

MagDog68
08-19-2002, 08:24 AM
up
upup
upupup
upupupup
upupupupup
upupupupupup
upupupupupupup
upupup
upupup
upupup
upupup
upupup

Check here for more info! (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47099&highlight=Shatnerball)

the123
08-20-2002, 02:10 PM
it's official
i'm signed + 1 my dad, Col Bob
Brian

MagDog68
08-20-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by the123
it's official
i'm signed + 1 my dad, Col Bob
Brian

Check out Shatnerball Roster III. This thread is basically Dead.
~Fred

wyn1370
08-20-2002, 02:57 PM
could we get a mod to lock this thread so everyone will go to III instead? (unlce phil, a little help?)

cphilip
08-20-2002, 03:00 PM
Please go to the following link to continue this listing. Closing this one on the Authors request.

Go here:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47099