PDA

View Full Version : Halo B Feeding Problems

'Mag
06-23-2002, 06:21 PM
Yesterday I got my brand new Blue Halo B. After sanding down the feed neck so it would fit in my adjustable VLBow, I filled it up and took it out to shoot. I set my Hyperframe into semi at 13bps. Then I started shooting. After about 6 shots it just started dry firing.

If you know how the spring loaded feed cone works, you might understand this a little better. The Halo put so much pressure onto the paintballs in the feed. This type of pressure will work very well in a vertical feed, but I have a powerfeed. Once the balls get to the 90* turn they get squished together, and stop falling into the feed tube.

The Halo seemed to feed well when shooting at slow rates, but onco I tried to shoot a quick string they would get jammed, and I'd have to push the next ball into the breech. There were some sort of extremem condition under which I was testing. It was about 90* outside with maybe 60% humidity. The paintballs seemed a little soft, and possibly slightly larger. Hopefully under better conditions this will not happen.

Does any one use a Halo B with a powerfeed gun? I was wondering if you have had any feeding problems, and what type of paint you use? I am also thinking of getting a parabolic powerfeed plug, do you think this would help?

paintball8869
06-23-2002, 06:39 PM
i had a similar problem today. My problem was that after i got to my second case of paint, the hopper would feed 6-10 balls and then pause for a few seconds, then feed 6-10 again. I replaced the batteries and everything worked again. I don't understand how i got 2500-3000 rounds out of it instead of the 20,000 advertised for the halo B.

Bwaites
06-23-2002, 06:46 PM
Interesting problem, I have my HALO B on my powerfeed EMAG and have had no similar problems. In fact, I went through a whole hopper in about 20 seconds without a single break or problem.

HALOs do suck batteries, the best I've found is rechargeable NiMH 1600 from RadioShack or Lithiums. (Lithiums are a little expensive and so I only use them in really important situations.) Hopefully rechargeable Lithiums will be out soon.

I suspect a parabolic feed plug would help.

Bill

Butterfingers
06-23-2002, 06:46 PM
I use on my hopper left Powerfeed retromag. It does not skip a beat. no problems as so far. Just make sure you have the parabolic powerfeed plug.

FaSSt
06-23-2002, 07:19 PM
Definitely get a parabolic plug before anything else. I never had a chopping issue with my old Retro Mag, but after I got a parabolic plug (for free from AGD!) I can't really rember any chops at all at reasonable firing rates.

Aranarth
06-23-2002, 08:23 PM
With my current low end gun, I can't get sustained fire above 8-10 bps. After getting the electronics wet in my warp, I ran my halo off the powerfeed with a elbow and a parabolic plug for an hour or so till they dried. No problems at all.
On my first set of batteries with the halo, have nearly a case and a half, little bit less, through it with no noticable slow down on the motor. But not sure how gradual the slow down will be. Figure will notice it when it gets bad. Using duracel ultra for this first one.
-AranarthX

pito189
06-23-2002, 09:59 PM
Yes definately get the parabolic feed tube. Recently going through a few trades. I used my captains backup RT, and I could never use the HALO (not halo b) on it because the paint was being feed so fast it would jam just as you described.

netjunk1e
06-23-2002, 10:25 PM
Your problem is the old feed plug. They ran into this when the warps came out. They have linked a flat spot on the old feed plug to many problems mags had. The old plug is also the reason the old hi-rise powerfeed RTs never worked right.

Robbie

'Mag
06-23-2002, 10:28 PM
Think AGD would send me a new one within a week, so I could use it the next time I play? Do you think maybe they'd send me one for free because it's causing problems?

netjunk1e
06-23-2002, 10:44 PM
I know they did when they fist came out with them. All you had to do is call them and give them your guns SN. I am pretty sure they are still doing that, but i could be wrong.

Robbie

'Mag
06-24-2002, 10:44 AM
Good news, AGD is sending me a parabolic powerfeed plug for free. This type of customer service pleases me (as long as it comes in a reasonable time period). Hopefully it solves all problems.

RT_Luver
06-24-2002, 11:30 AM
thats confusing. thats the first time I've heard of a HALO having a problem with feeding

pito189
06-24-2002, 11:40 AM
Its not a problem with the Halo itself, its the problem with the feed plug, the same problem the warp was having. The paint is being fed so fast and hard, that the paint hits the flat spot and just stops.

HarryM
06-24-2002, 12:10 PM
I have run into the same problem with the warp and very hot/humid conditions.....be sure and keep the paint in a reasonably cool spot...like in a car with the air on...also when not plyin get the paint out of the loader and warp cause it will swell up