PDA

View Full Version : Work Problems

PaInTbAlLeR476
06-23-2002, 06:47 PM
well i finallygot a job. 2 days later i have decided that abolutly HATE it. Im working as a farmer, hardest stuff ive ever done in my life. I cant stand it but im making good money(7$ an hour, this is my first job) i think i wanna quit and find another job else were but i dont no wtf to do... There is nothing to do in my area except that and work at resterannts. people may say suck it up and work there but hell im fat and manual labor isnt my thing. oh yeah now heres the problem. I wanna quit but my parents are all "our kid finally got a ob im so proud of you" crap. how should i hate this and i wanna quit.(dont just tell me to say that either:D :p

PowderdToastMan
06-23-2002, 07:32 PM
id say suck it up, manual labor for $7/hr starting is good, plus its exercise so your killing two birds with one stone

shartley
06-23-2002, 07:40 PM
I agree... What HE said ^^^^^^^^

WARPED1
06-23-2002, 07:44 PM
Suck it up.

Will Wood
06-23-2002, 07:56 PM
I would say quit. Find a job you like to work at....not just the pay.

Havoc_online
06-23-2002, 08:03 PM
no way dude, stick with the two birds with one stone theory, you'll thank yourself later. Plus, how would it look if you apply for another job and your would be employer finds out you stuck with the last job for only a week, not good...

Vash02
06-23-2002, 08:13 PM
Havoc is right, it looks a lot better to an employer to see that you stuck with a job that most likely isnt fun and is hard. if he sees that your willing to work hard, youll probly get that job.

Miscue
06-23-2002, 08:47 PM
Keep at it... until something better comes along.

-Jôker-
06-23-2002, 09:59 PM
well i say suck it up now and if somthing better comes along tell the guy whats up im sure hed be alot happier if you tell him you really would rather have this other job instead of just quitting on him... if you have worked hard for him he would probaly recomend you for the other job but it all depends on you and how you act

Wc Keep
06-23-2002, 11:43 PM
i say suck it up cause after a few months all these girl will be all over your new physique.

paintbattler
06-24-2002, 12:02 AM
what i say is, still work for that company, then put some applications in for other jobs and when u get a job u want, quit it and work for the new one

J
06-24-2002, 12:12 AM
You should be happy, I'm 17 and I've been looking for a job since I was 16, and still don't have one!

covadsucks
06-24-2002, 10:24 AM
Don't eat the cowpies...and stick it out.

ThePatriot
06-24-2002, 10:54 AM
I also have been looking for a job for the past 2 year, thing is only look, then proceed to watch TV and go on my computer.

Timmee
06-25-2002, 03:07 AM
I worked on a farm while going through High School (it was for $5/hr, but that was in 1990), and I was also overweight. It's good exercise, and if you can tolerate working on the farm, it's good experience for life. I'd say to stick with it until you can get something else. The money will also feel nice. :)

Krazy Ivan
06-25-2002, 07:46 AM
The exercise it get's you into will pay off major. You have no idea how much time it saves being able to "exercise" at work and not have to otherwise. However, if you hate the job as much as it seems you do. Put applications around and see if you can get a job somewhere else. I worked at burger king for 2 weeks, well one week, then I gave a 1 week notice. Then I went over to Shaw's Supermarket and didn't even tell them I worked at BK.

Don't worry about it though. Wherever you go your prolly going to hate what your doing for a while. It's more in what can you make out of it, and what is the most tolerable. I hated Shaw's and they paid crap. But I made so many friends that it was a good experience after all.

Hell I met my girlfriend there, and I'm still with her.