PDA

View Full Version : Mags are tough as nails!

MikeCouves
06-23-2002, 06:56 PM
I was playing a tournament yesterday, and I had my mag running perfectly. There was a couple electros there, and I was thinking of what my friend said about how he couldn't trust his gun, it might go down anytime, etc. I had so much trust in my Minimag. I could flick it in the mud and it would still work very well. I could play my tournament without worrying about my Minimag breaking down on me at all. If I had to, I could just flick it in the bushes and run for the flag or something.

Anyone else feel that their mag will take the toughest punishment and still working? I bet you do.

paintbattler
06-23-2002, 07:45 PM
yea, i think that too..if mine did break down, i would just sit down and look at it and fix it in 5 mins

rhetor22
06-23-2002, 08:05 PM
my gun is the same way. I bought the mag because its stainless and its very high quality. I don't give a darn about ROF or looks or any of that worthless (to me) stuff. I got it for the quality, reliabilty, and size.

I forget about my mag now. I never turn the velocity nut. I load it with paintballs, screw in my CO2 tank (keep in mind i STILL don't change the velocity, it remains consistant) and play. Its a great little gun.

I'm not buying lvl 10 because i spent way too much money on paintball, the mag was $300, i have a rev which i also don't need.

I have a stingray that works fine. I get the same amount of tags using the stingray. Believe it or not with the mods i have done, the stingray is as reliable as the mag, just as easy on the paint, and just as accurate with my hand polished stock barrel. But i still love the mag. The stingray is plastic, not Stainless. the quality is not there.

Havoc_online
06-23-2002, 08:33 PM
playing a rec game a couple of years ago during hard rain, most ppl's guns broke down and ppl were running around barrel tagging ppl. I was the only person I saw still firing, everyone was running from me, lol. After a while of running I tripped in fell in a puddle about 9in deep gun first, I pulled out the gun and kept killing ppl. Man I love mags!

Jonno06
06-24-2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
I love mags!

i agree

MikeCouves
06-24-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Jonno06

i agree

I double that.

paintbattler
06-24-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
Man I love mags!
who doesnt?

RT_Luver
06-24-2002, 10:50 AM
lol. i know, theonly electro I could stand to have is an E-mag. i mean, say you drop it in a creek, flip a switch andyour back. just wait for the electronics to dry and your fine. try THAT with an angel..hahaha

mykroft
06-24-2002, 12:27 PM
My Classic mag is a tank, had it go down 2 times in 2 years, both times were bad reg-seats, swapped out the reg seat and kept going.

Now my ReTroMag on the other hand. That POS has worked properly a grand total of 3 times. I've had it for a year, and had 3 good days of play with it. Admittedly the previous owner severly abused it.

The Angel's been a Tank so far, Defiant needed a new battery once, that's about it.