PDA

View Full Version : help with micromag

Maverick99
06-24-2002, 12:02 AM
I recently bought a used micromag and ever since the first time I've played wit it I have had horrible shoot down...I will fire n the next shot drop off very short. It is incredibly inconsistent as well. I have nitro n i kno its not my tank cuz it works fine on my cocker. The mag has a reactor valve as well n when i try to put the stock valve back in..it doesnt even shoot. I kno this is not normal cuz i always see these guys at the fields shootin insanely fast wit stock mags. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Havoc_online
06-24-2002, 12:43 AM
strip down the valve and check all your o rings(make sure you get em all) oil it and reassemble it, leave the stock on/off in, the Reactor is really a waste, just make sure it's in right, check your nubbin on your barrel. check your reg seat, don't mess with your HPA piston. how much pressure are you using in the gun? what type of valve is it? check everything I said, reassemble it and we'll take it from there....:)

also, make sure your velocity is good. what size spacer do you have in it(check the o ring under the spacer too)?

ShinyGuy
06-24-2002, 01:10 AM
Sounds like a regulator issue. Disassemble the regulator, clean and regrease it and replace the reg seat and you'll probably fix the problem. Look in the manual for the type of grease to use in the reg. If you don't have the manual call AGD and they'll send you the manual and video.

Maverick99
06-24-2002, 10:19 AM
ok thanks alot guys im going to try out ur suggestions today. I'll reply tonight on how they worked

mykroft
06-24-2002, 12:38 PM
Make sure you replace the reg seat. That's the thick o-ring you see when you take apart the reg & valve halves.

Maverick99
06-25-2002, 12:37 AM
i just have another question...The guy i bought the gun from said he messed around wit the trigger rod, and i was wonderin if they would have any effect on the gun. I changed every O-ring and put all the stock parts back in, and im goin to get some nitro tomorrow to see how it worked.I would really like to get this gun workin before an upcomin tourney, so im goin to have to take it to my local shop for them to fix if i cant

Havoc_online
06-25-2002, 03:13 AM
what type of trigger frame do you have? it would also help if you answered my other questions I posted earlier. If your trigger Rod length were bad, you would get leaks and short stroke.

Maverick99
06-25-2002, 11:41 AM
I am runnin about 700-800 psi into the gun and its the stock A.I.R valve. There is no spacer inside the power tube just a spring

ShinyGuy
06-25-2002, 11:07 PM
Thy firing it very slowly. Like one shot every 3 seconds. If this improves consistancy check if the trigger rod is touching the back of the trigger when it is all the way forward. i.e. gas up the gun and pull the trigger forward. There should be a small gap between the trigger and the trigger rod (around .5mm). If there's no gap then the trigger rod is too long and the on/off isn't able to fully open causing shootdown and inconsistancy. The fix is too adjust the trigger rod back until there's a small gap.

Havoc_online
06-25-2002, 11:15 PM
the gap should be a credit card's thickness