PDA

View Full Version : staying cool when you play?

complicationjack
06-24-2002, 01:23 PM
what do you guys wear when you play to stay cool when it's hot out? a football playing friend suggested underarmor...

RTrampage
06-24-2002, 01:29 PM
pants and a t-shirt

davej946
06-24-2002, 01:32 PM
Shorts and a t-shirt. Ususally play indoor, so that keeps me cool too... ;)

Later ~ Dave

MrAirgunRT
06-24-2002, 01:36 PM
I alwys wear a jersey and pants, I wore shorts once, never again. I tore up my knee pretty bad, jerseys are pretty well vented so it isn't that hot.

marley618
06-24-2002, 01:41 PM
I wear a jersey, wih a t-shirt under it, and long pants. Just drink lots of water and stay in the shade in between games, it works for me.

mykroft
06-24-2002, 01:43 PM
Jersey with underarm vents. Either pants or longer shorts & knee/shinpads

paintbattler
06-24-2002, 01:47 PM
play with a t shirt and long pants..i dont really care much about hottness..im used to it

Crazy
06-24-2002, 01:48 PM
Tshirt & Jt zip off pants/shorts w/o the bottoms. and the always needed, Dye bandana. :D

FrAuStY
06-24-2002, 01:51 PM
I wear BDU Summer pants (Thin camo) and a tank-top, or camo T. (Even when playing speedball I'll be dect in complete CAMO :D) The camo pants alow you to breathe very well (The Army uses them...they gotta be breatheable) and it really doesn't matter what you wear uptop as long as its short-sleeved. If it has to be longsleeved when its hot..wear a jersey since they are designed to allow air to flow and cool your body. As said before.. if you wear shorts.. wear some knee pads.. cuz snap-shooting and crawling is gunna chew up them caps :)

If you bring a cooler... you can keep a cold rags in the ice water.. if you hold that on your wrists or the back of your neck that can cool you down if you're feeling nausea. Don't use this to cool you down all the time.. I normally drink plenty of room temp water (it's absorbs quicker since your body doesn't have to heat it up to use it). Or gatoraide room temp too. Other than that.. if you're active your body heat is supposed to rise.. what you don't want to do is overheat, or keep you body cool while you're trying to be active. This can cause injury to muscles and such.

I've seen people chugg a 32oz ICE COLD powerade and got sick 20 mins later since they slammed too much cold into their hot stomach. Needless to say they cramped up afterwards and couldn't play the remainder of the afternoon. Its actually kind of healthy to sweat alot as long as your replinishing the fluid (H20 and electrolytes) your body loses.

I know this does more than answer the question.. but I figured I'd throw some extra .20 in with my .02.. I'm almost up to a quarter!

Jonno06
06-24-2002, 01:54 PM
black pants,and whatever tshirt i feel like wearing.I live in Fl,and i like the heat:)

last august it got so hot people just kinda crawled to thier bunkers

SlipknotX556
06-24-2002, 02:04 PM
You cant stay cool down here in Flordia unless you are inside with the air condition blasting in your face. I just wear shorts and a t shirt.

RT_Luver
06-24-2002, 02:15 PM
I dont get hot very easy, actually normally I'm really cold, so I guess that has something to do with it. but I normally play in black pants and a yellow fox jersey. i dont do anything to stay cool. I just play

wyn1370
06-24-2002, 02:19 PM
either my jersey or a sleeveless shirt and a pair of pants I found at a sporting goods store (they're made out of the same material as a swimming suit and where $20). I would wear shorts, but on the occasional woods game I like to avoid getting posion ivy.

Krazy Ivan
06-24-2002, 02:36 PM
Jeans, and a light t-shirt.

I definetly would recommend jeans, or at least knee-pads. That way you can still slide, or crawl in rec-games.

Otherwise you'll just be limping away from the field after..

InfinatyBPS
06-24-2002, 03:43 PM
I don't play in the summer....:D works for me...

xmetal2001
06-24-2002, 04:18 PM
T-Shirt and Pants. I would use shorts but my knees get torn up from my sliding and stuff.

battlegroup
06-24-2002, 04:27 PM
I have attached a Camelback to my harness. it the small 50oz bladder and it ads very little weight to the harness. It's awesome for keeping you hydrated and kool because I didn't use the insulated carrier. I made a sleeve for the bladder out of nylon and when I fill it with cold water right before the game it kepps my back cool while I'm playing. the water does get warm but I live in florida and I usually empty the 50oz. of liquid every game. Since I have been doing this I have eliminated any dehydration and discomfort after play.

I attached it by using a Military "Y" harness you can get at any surpluss store. The harness actually took pressure off my back as well from carrying large amounts of paint and allowed me to incorporate 2 squeegee carriers,goggle carrier, and a tool carrier on my harness. with little weight.

I would post a picture of it but I'm in the preocess of moving to Pensacola and my digital camera has been packed.

Hope this helps

SqueegeeKid
06-24-2002, 06:29 PM
PLAY NEKKID!

Freak 5150
06-24-2002, 06:39 PM
Jersey with shorts or pants, depending on the temp. I'm a desert rat, so I'm used to heat. Only bad thing down here are the choya bushes that even go through denim.

spider54
06-24-2002, 08:33 PM
sleevless shirts and pants

Schnitzel
06-24-2002, 08:51 PM
i sometimes use a bandanna that has small gel pellets that will absorb and hold cold water for hours...i tie it around my neck. like having a cold rag tied around my neck...

Vegeta
06-24-2002, 09:07 PM
I wore a t-shirt on shorts monday when I player, with some cheap knee pads.. well.. i ripped up one of the knee pads on the 2nd game, and was sliding feet first, getting my pants all messed up. i cant get the grass stains out now :(

blnk162
06-24-2002, 09:14 PM
I wear a cash money doo rag and a shocketch head band and soak that in water often that keeps me cool

TransMan
06-24-2002, 09:46 PM
NOTHING haha joking of course i have cleats on :D

Paintballer86
06-24-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by complicationjack
a football playing friend suggested underarmor... Yeah, under armor is boss. I play with the tight long sleeve white shirt in he winter, and the tight sleevless one in the summer. Teay can get expensive though, (I think I paid $45 or so for the long sleev one) but it is worth it. Make shure you buy he cooling under armor, not the insulating.

Vex
06-24-2002, 09:55 PM
I second what battlegroup said: a Camelbak is a necessity for me. Not only is it excellently convenient for hydration, but it also comes in handy if you get goggled and need to flush your mouth of the paint ASAP!

I always wear long sleeves (jersey) and pants--either my Abercrombie cargos or BDU pants.

:D

Clare
06-24-2002, 11:36 PM
I usually wear a jersey but I've started just using a tshirt and my usual pants

FeuerFri
06-24-2002, 11:50 PM
pj jersey with dickes summer stich pants. i realy sugguest the summer dickies cause they're realy light and hold up well, and are alot cooler than any shorts i've ever worn. something else nice if you have a car or acces to a realy cold ac, is to set a doo rag or head wrap over the ac inbetween games cause cotten seems to hold the cold for some reason.