PDA

View Full Version : 2 important questions

minimagCHAD
06-24-2002, 01:55 PM
I was thinking about buying the ANS phase 2 reg. Does it help at all? I have the ANS bolt and it works good. Also, is there any paint i can use to paint my minimag main body? I do not want to powder coat it or anodize it, cause i'd have to send it to a shop, and i can't cause i play alot. If anyone can answer these two questions for me, that would be great. Thanks.
-Chad
Team Statik Paintball
http://www.teamstatikpaintball.cjb.net
Chad@teamstatikpaintball.cjb.net

mykroft
06-24-2002, 02:00 PM
Don't waste your money on the ANS parts. They don't work as well as the stock parts and tend to cause problems(That goes for the bolt as well). As for painting your body, Powdercoating is really your only option, well you could always polish your body (lots of effort, but can turn out quite nicely.)

pip_999
06-24-2002, 02:00 PM
no dont get the reg
and no paint will come off

RT_Luver
06-24-2002, 02:04 PM
might wanna resize that pic...a little big

paintbattler
06-24-2002, 02:04 PM
dont get the reg..its not worth it

u dont really need to paint ur mag..i think it looks awesome how it is..BTW
NICE GUN

Jonno06
06-24-2002, 02:06 PM
retro valve instead of ans,or even stock

lvl10 is also good:)

as for the painting...you can spray paint it,it will look like poop,but it will be painted

marley618
06-24-2002, 02:07 PM
You can always polish the body yourself. That always looks nice.

FrAuStY
06-24-2002, 02:09 PM
DO NOT USE SPRAY PAINT! Everyone I know who has tried spray paint (plasticote, krylon etc) it starts to get eating by the paint in the paintablls. It turns soft and then just comes off. I'd suggest and enamel based modelpaint. MAKE SURE ITS ENAMEL SPRAYPAINT. Brush strokes don't look too good in enamel paint. Find a good primer at an auto store. (Autograde) I'd even go so far as to get some good enamel clearcoat or Polyurethane clear coat and put about 2-4 coats of that after the paint has cured. I've just seen nice looking guns change from nice looking to "Omg... is that paint sliding off under your finger?" Not pretty no more.

Ityl
06-24-2002, 02:28 PM
I spray painted mine. It looked good. I only took it off to polish my body. If it does turn out good, just get a can of spray stripper and take it off, cause it won't take off the gray underneath.

Havoc_online
06-24-2002, 02:36 PM
BTW, in the future, you only need to post your question once, these two questions could have been posted in either the tech board or this one but not both.