PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with Max Flo

Me
06-24-2002, 05:12 PM
does anyone else have max flo problems? I thought it was just me, and my leakey max flo, but my friend JUST bought his maxx and its leaking in the same place already(out of the end)
I rip it appart and clean it when ever its leaking(w/o lube though)
why do they ALL leak/

2000Sabre
06-24-2002, 05:19 PM
I bought a MaxFlow 68Ci 4500 in January this year. After using it twice, the on/off stop working. I replace the o-rings which fixed it temporarily and now it's started leaking out the front and the on/off stop working again. Just had it rebuilt and got it back from the local shop. I'm less than impressed with it so far. It has the reputation as a nice tank and regulator but as yet I fail to see why. LOL

Me
06-24-2002, 05:32 PM
yea, I think it's smart Parts. Good ideas for products, but bad worksmanship.
thats why I'm reluctent to buy the freak, i dont know what quality I'm going to get.

mykroft
06-24-2002, 05:36 PM
No problems here. 5 month old 2k1 88/45.

Me
06-24-2002, 05:47 PM
got any good tips?
how often do you clean it?
use A LOT of shocker lube?
I'm Just wonering how to care for a Flo
thanks for the help

FutureMagOwner
06-24-2002, 06:23 PM
i got a freak i along with about 20 other people that have em at the field have had no problems

i suggest a 10" for it

also i heard the maxflow is great so thet concerns me

Siayajin
06-24-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Me
does anyone else have max flo problems? I thought it was just me, and my leakey max flo, but my friend JUST bought his maxx and its leaking in the same place already(out of the end)
I rip it appart and clean it when ever its leaking(w/o lube though)
why do they ALL leak/

Lube the piston. Most leaks coming out of the adjuster cap are due to a dirty reg or lack of grease. It should be working fine after.

got any good tips?
how often do you clean it?
use A LOT of shocker lube?
I'm Just wonering how to care for a Flo
thanks for the help

Check the link http://www.smartparts.com/MaxFlowManual.pdf

It's a Max-Flo breakdown from Smart parts. Maintenance should be easy. If you have any more questions, post or pm me. As for "how often" I usually clean and regrease after every 4 cases or before a tourney.

Me
06-24-2002, 08:01 PM
thanks for the great info

RT_Luver
06-24-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Me
yea, I think it's smart Parts. Good ideas for products, but bad worksmanship.
thats why I'm reluctent to buy the freak, i dont know what quality I'm going to get.

their Freak is REALLY good. just all their other stuff sux;)

Me
06-24-2002, 08:36 PM
lol

paintbattler
06-24-2002, 08:38 PM
try lubing it..

Me
06-24-2002, 08:52 PM
i will. i have to buy some lube, then I'll fix mine and my friends

xtreme paintball
06-24-2002, 11:19 PM
I'm guessing that it's just in the new version. I have the old style 68/3k Max Flo, and I've NEVER has a problem wiht it. It works just fine for me, never needing any repair work, just the occasional oiling. I stand by my old style Max Flo 100%.