PDA

View Full Version : Problem with field strip screw into brand new retro! HELP!

Camo
06-24-2002, 07:34 PM
Here's the deal. I bought a minimag back in December and upgraded with a retro. AGD installed the valve and I wanted to practice taking the gun apart so I did. I went to put the screw back in and it turned about once around and that was it. I didn't want to force it so I sent it back in and had the threads tapped and screw replaced. Haven't touched the gun since. I finally saved enough for my max-flo and took the valve out to connect the hose to the valve from the foregrip. Here we go again. The screw turns once and gets stuck. I thought it might be pressure against the screw from the rail so I took out the valve and tried again. Same thing. I will go to my local store and try a different screw to see what happens. Is this a faulty valve in terms of the threading? I don't want to get stuck with this valve if I can't field strip it. Do you think AGD would replace the entire valve? It has never been used. This is a very expensive upgrade and I don't want to be stuck with a $250 upgrade if I can't use it. It took me a year to buy this gun and a tank to get her shoot'n. HELP.

virus
06-24-2002, 08:00 PM
one thing i have found with mag valves in general.... the screw and the hole it goes into need to be lined up fairly close.....

also there should be a small gpa between the valve and the body... push the valve all the way in then let it back out about 1/32"-1/16"....... if you can do this with the tank off and teh mag upside down..... also use a good light source to get the hole lined up right.... it does take a little practice to get the feel down on how line it all up... but it does get eaiser.....