PDA

View Full Version : does lvl 10 take away shortstroking on mech. mags???

CpSuPeRkId
06-24-2002, 08:30 PM
ive been thinking, AGD says that the lvl 10 wont evne shoot if the spring is too long: in other words u have to use 1 of the 3 springs that come wiht the lvl 10 kit, 1 being lower velocity and 3 being highest, because the spring will hold back the bolt and it wont fire if the spring is too hard because of the low pressure of the first half of the stroke. so basically every spring will have a certain "starting" velocity. and once u get it to that velocity just enough so it actually shoots, thats the best point for minimal chopage. thats why u have 3 springs(for different velcity range)
well in learning to understand this i thought, ok if the spring is gonna barely let the thing fire cuz the first half of hte stroke is soo low pressure, how can it shortstroke?? shortstroking is when u dont open the on off valve all the way and the dump chamber isnt high enough pressure, so im ASUMING it wont even let the bolt move forward, and the shortstroked air will just vent like when it pinches a ball. thus not letting it ever shortstroke. LOTS OF FEEDBACK WANTED!!!!!

RT_Luver
06-24-2002, 09:38 PM
no

paintbattler
06-24-2002, 09:48 PM
no..it just doesnt chop the ball

LJT
06-24-2002, 10:24 PM
I don't have the lvl 10 mod . . . yet . . . but, I think CpSuPeRkId is right. If the spring is just barely light enough for the low-pressure stage, then anything with a lower pressure (short stroke) shouldn't be able to move the bolt. Someone should test it.

CpSuPeRkId
06-24-2002, 11:18 PM
ya rt luver and paintbattler, can u tell me why it wont work? because i think we are right according to simple physics(i could be wrong and there could be complex physics im unaware of)plz let me know