PDA

View Full Version : Mask....

SlipknotX556
06-24-2002, 08:46 PM
I really dont like the way my proteus looks and I dont like the feel of it. I want to know what I should get. So what does AO suggest?

Thanks

magman007
06-24-2002, 08:58 PM
dye, vforce or an old flex 7, what dont you like about it?

jah871
06-24-2002, 09:02 PM
i really like my vforce shield. great coverage and doesnt fog. only 29.99 at pbgear.

darklord
06-24-2002, 09:22 PM
I have a proteus... what don't you like about yours? The only thing that bugged me was the shine, but a little sandpaper and spraypaint fixed that problem easily! I like the Flex 7 or most other JT masks.... those are the only ones I've tried though.

paintbattler
06-24-2002, 09:26 PM
i like my spectra

TransMan
06-24-2002, 09:29 PM
My Green/Green Nuvis are coming tomarrrow ill tell ya how i like em

RT_Luver
06-24-2002, 09:35 PM
I have a proteus, and i'm soon movin onto a Dye Invision. I've tried one on B4 and I have to say...VERY nice. I wish I had it right now just to wear it.

Load SM5
06-24-2002, 10:02 PM
Go for a morph. It covers great and the lenses pop out for cleaning in a breeze. Very comfy too.

marley618
06-24-2002, 10:05 PM
I have an invision and love it.

Sir Chopsalot
06-24-2002, 10:18 PM
you can never go wrong with a spectra

InfinatyBPS
06-24-2002, 10:18 PM
Flex-7

Mgwannabie
06-24-2002, 11:26 PM
invisions, i wear them while im on the computer and just around the house, my parents think im nuts tho =(, there the best tryed many others i just luv them

Xzion
06-24-2002, 11:50 PM
I currently wear a black/purple Raven Nuvis-1 V2.0. Very comfy, great field of view, very secure on my head. the photochromatic (color changing) lense is the coolest though. Id also have to throw a vote in for the DYE Invisions, Very comfortable.

dropkick1
06-25-2002, 06:59 AM
stick with the proteus, i've had mine for a while and love it, almost like not wearing a mask when its on, never fogs and small profile. plus didn't u just get it not to long ago, like a couple of months ago? and i thought u said u liked it over the invision? oh well just curious.

ken

Temo Vryce
06-25-2002, 07:20 AM
Personally I like the Diablo Skul, I found the Proteus too small for my big head. JT line, well I got put off the JT line of masks with the X-Fire many many years ago. Nuvis, never had a chance to use one. Vforce, nice line of masks, the only down side is that they are a hard mask, no bounces.

My suggestion is to find people who own the type of mask you wish to purchase. Ask them what they think of it. What's good and what's bad. See if you can try it on, and bad play a game with it. There's no point in buying a mask that's not going to be comfortable on your head. It's like buying shoes that don't fit right, but they look good. We can only tell you what we like to use for a mask. You have to find out what you like and what's comfortable. It's you eyes, don't screw arround with them.

Havoc_online
06-25-2002, 07:22 AM
Flex 7 IZE - they are the best! They never fog, they have a lot of parts/colors/acess. and the mouth piece is so soft, I must have gotten hit there about 20 times in the whole time I've had the mask and I've never gotten a break on it, it just bounces the balls to the ground.:cool:

Load SM5
06-25-2002, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Temo Vryce
Vforce, nice line of masks, the only down side is that they are a hard mask, no bounces.

The Morph has a flexible rubber lower and ear area. The only hard area is around the goggles part. It's not as flexible as the IZE, but then again, I don't like getting shot in the lip.

wyn1370
06-25-2002, 07:50 AM
here's my take
Flex - to small of a field of view, lenses are a pain to change and mine did fog
Dye - mask is too small, again small field of view
Diablo - haven't tried one
Proteus - too small, looks silly
V-force - best mask I've ever owned (i've gone through at least 5 before this). best field of view available, lense are easy to replace, if you get it with a chrome lense it comes with the clear one too, never fogs, it has a treated lense unlike others that use the dual pain lense. yeah you can tell I really like these.

Jonno06
06-25-2002, 08:49 AM
he had a VForce Morph,and then went on to the Proteus...

I say get the Invision,yellow of course..

you know you want it:)

Snakebite78
06-25-2002, 09:00 AM
I wouldn't get a Dye Invision or Proteus because they are WAY too small. I don't know what those companies were thinking when they made that, but it lets your chin stick out under the bottom of the mask and the whole neck area is exposed. They're both comfortable, but not very good coverage. I was going to get a V-Force but they were out of stock, so I got an nForcer, i'll let you know how i like it. I had a flex-7 but I didn't like its coverage and the flexible part. So in my opinion don't go Dye or Proteus, go JT or V-force (best bet)

Jonno06
06-25-2002, 09:12 AM
here is a pic of him wearing his proteus,and holding his "beast"(emag).....

Hemlock86
06-25-2002, 09:18 AM
Proteus rox :D very comfortable
The dye is to small for me, but looks cool.

mykroft
06-25-2002, 10:07 AM
Nuvis for small to medium heads, V-Force Shield for medium-large heads.

Jonno06
06-25-2002, 10:55 AM
I just want a mask that wont mess up my damn hair when i put it on,and take it off......

MAYBE a strapless mask???

i still say go invision,if you dont like it,u can give/sell it to me:)

Tack
06-25-2002, 11:35 AM
I love my old school vents. You can't hardly find them any more but if you ever run across a pair in good condition get them.:D They never fog up and are light weight and probablly the most comfortable set I have ever used.

wyn1370
06-25-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Tack
I love my old school vents. You can't hardly find them any more but if you ever run across a pair in good condition get them.:D They never fog up and are light weight and probablly the most comfortable set I have ever used.
vents are nice and all, but they don't have good air flow and the lenses are very small (limited view). I've still got my old vents. I actually attached the splat cap to my V-force because I like it so much.

Ityl
06-25-2002, 12:35 PM
flex-7, never did me wrong. The lenses are only a pain to change the first time. Once you know how to do it, it's easy. Plus I'd rather have it in there really tight so there is no possible way of it coming out. Even though the likelihood that it ever would is really slim.

The proteus didn't fit me really well, I think because of how the band was attached. The flex-7 just felt better.

TransMan
06-25-2002, 01:39 PM
I just want a mask that wont mess up my damn hair when i put it on,and take it off...... Nuvis man the clip strap rocks

Yup got my mask today fits good i liek the Foam very confy and the tint lens kicks im more than pleased :D

MikeCouves
06-25-2002, 02:07 PM
Well I love Flex-7's, they are the best, and IZE's if you want something thats comfy.

Creative Mayhem
06-25-2002, 05:43 PM
I've had my spectra since they came out, i've replaced the lens once, The feild of view may be small compared to others, but I can still hit what I see and it doesn't fog, so it's fine by me and I will probably never use another mask. Then again, you never know.....

Snakebite78
06-26-2002, 01:45 PM
I just got my JT Elite nForcer today, and after trying it on I love it. I'll have to play with it but it has the most coverage all around, even better side coverage than a V-Force (i've tried it), and it's pretty comfy. I also got a Ronin Gear neck protector and Dye sock hat and they are also both comfy. With that setup, there are no exposed areas on my head unless i lean my head back. I've been hit in the neck before and it hurts, so i got this setup to protect my head. Plus you can reall hurt yourself getting hit in the neck. So, i'd suggest an nForcer or nVader, whichever you want, basically the same, but nForcer more comfy.