PDA

View Full Version : Most complex CO2 setup to date!

Python14
06-24-2002, 11:07 PM
Okay, I am not an airsmith, but on a bet I am going to design and build the most complex CO2 setup for an Automag to date. Heres a description....

I will use a 1/8 steel T-joint with 90 fittings and on/off ASAs to make a dual Co2 tank system. A 12 oz. tank and a 20 oz. tank. BTW, this is put on a huge 16+1 harness I found on e-bay for $9(1700 rounds of paint is uber heavy) That t-joint will then be hooked to a 42" steel remote w/ on/off. It will then run to a 2 holed ASA. A 9 oz. tank will be attached to that ASA and it will only be filled to 6 oz. Then it will go to a Turbo Boost expansion chamber(I love it for some sick reason) and then to the ASA hole thingy.

The reasoning behind this? I wanna see if it is possible to make something this complex. And incase you wanted to know, I am a hardcore woodsballer(speedballer w/ remote an nearly a case of paint bouncing on his butt? I don't think so). I'll get some consistency numbers and pics up when I can.

If any of yall see any technical, physical, or moral problems with this, please tell me.

zvanut
06-24-2002, 11:23 PM
sounds odd......

but hey if it works good for you :)

Brendan
06-25-2002, 09:45 AM
hahahahahha I have an on gun co2 system that will put that "complex system" to shame:D . I can't talk about it, but I will post picks when its finished. IF it works correctly I will be able to play all year round in VT weather(below 0 sometimes) with a mag running co2. Liquid will not be a problem at all. But congrats on the cool setup. Post pics when its finished. Sounds really good! Ahhhh tinkering. gotta love it!

Brendan

krafty
06-25-2002, 01:45 PM
Make sure your insurance covers visits to the chiropractor! :) Wow... I wonder if you rapid-fired enough, would your entire back freeze?

I would reconsider the T joint... at least with solid pipe. If you slip and come crashing down, a fitting may break and vent your co2 everywhere. Maybe do it with braided hose.

Python14
06-25-2002, 05:42 PM
Okay, I just "finished" it , but I won't have pics for a while. I did a few changes though. First, I got my dad to make me this neat little gas-block y-joint thingy. It's a little large, but I'm gonna grind the excess "flesh" off.
I also put two inline Co2 filters on it to keep it cleanest.
I did do some shooting with it today. The gas block froze almost to the point it stuck to my shirt. When I first gassed it up, there was a faint leak that took me almost 10 minutes to find. The gun itself was fine though. Infact, I dare say it was quite nice. I'm looking for a side car and vents mask tho(to go with my oldschool 16+1 harness) Anyone? I'm gonna be adding to this though, like a fourth or even fifth tank so expect some updates soon.:D :D

Polishpickles451
06-25-2002, 07:50 PM
krafty : looks like someone's been listening to radiohead.

krafty
06-26-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Polishpickles451
krafty : looks like someone's been listening to radiohead.

Actually, reading Douglas Adams... but you're close! Radiohead must've read his stuff too!

FordPrefect
06-26-2002, 05:39 PM
Douglas Adams is just great. We have a few fans on here, if not more.

Spootie
06-27-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by FordPrefect
Douglas Adams is just great. We have a few fans on here, if not more.

You do know he died, right? His were the only books that would make me absolutely crack up laughing.

<a href="http://www.douglasadams.com/funeral.html"target="_blank">Story here.</a>

<a href="http://www.floor42.com/"target="_blank">Fansite here.</a>

So long, and thanks...