PDA

View Full Version : Communuty Service Project LVL 10 winner

Butterfingers
06-25-2002, 12:47 PM
Mykroft is the offical winner of the contest.

The SA answers can be found in tom's various posts.

The Multiple Choice Expalinations:

1) B is the answer nobody got this right. If you disassemble a reg piston assembly the spring that pops out has the same dimensions as a PT spring.

2) Autoresponse frames were not made and do not fit original RT's Thus B is the best answer.

3) We would never sell you a gun with a faulty on/off :) The new on/off's are also symetrical eliminating backwards placement. Thus the best answer is C. Sometimes when the Dropforward pin is screwed in too much it results in restricted airflow. It is a very common problem.

4) You need to go to radio shack. No matter what setting you have your warp in it will continue to spin at 12v's without 2 100uF capacitors inline with the voltage reg.

5) The answer is D. The leader answer A is incorrect. DNA does not have the base Uracil, but rather Adeneine. RNA has Uracil and can combine to form Double Stranded Viral RNA which has a double helix formation that resembles an RT spring pack.

zvanut
06-25-2002, 12:49 PM
good job!!!! :)

mykroft
06-25-2002, 01:00 PM
Thanks Butterfingers.

Just want to point out, for 1, that only applies to RT valves, the Reg piston Spring is significantly smaller and weaker on the AIR valve.

marley618
06-25-2002, 01:19 PM
Congrats mykroft, if you don't want the lvl 10 I'll gladly buy it from you.

hitech
06-25-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Butterfingers

4) You need to go to radio shack. No matter what setting you have your warp in it will continue to spin at 12v's without 2 100uF capacitors inline with the voltage reg.

Not that it matters, but I do NOT have capacitors with my 12 volt warp setup. I had to turn the sensitivity down and let it break in longer. So far (two days worth of play) it works fine. However, if it gives me problems I'll try the caps. :D

Butterfingers
06-25-2002, 01:41 PM
The spring in the reg piston works, albeit not too well :)

If you try a higher (C) batt like NiMH's or Duracell Ultras or even a fresh battery sometimes the warp will spin continuously.

athomas
06-25-2002, 02:19 PM
Congrats Mykroft. Good job.

D'oh, I knew the spring was the same size but I thought the answer listed was the piston which was way too big.

Army
06-25-2002, 02:59 PM
Good contest, required careful research and thought!

More, more, more:D

PS: I knew that DNA-RNA thingy.......

hitech
06-25-2002, 03:34 PM
If you try a higher (C) batt like NiMH's or Duracell Ultras or even a fresh battery sometimes the warp will spin continuously.

Interesting. I am useing NiMH's, the 8.4 volt ones. Maybe that is the difference.

RT_Luver
06-25-2002, 03:57 PM

5) The answer is D. The leader answer A is incorrect. DNA does not have the base Uracil, but rather Adeneine. RNA has Uracil and can combine to form Double Stranded Viral RNA which has a double helix formation that resembles an RT spring pack.

I KNEW it wasn;t DNA cuase I remembered that uracil was in RNA. atleast I remembered that:D I couldn't remember what it replaced in DNA, btu I remember know....

Good job Mykroft

einhander619
06-26-2002, 01:05 AM
Poo... Maybe if I had more problems with my RT I would know more about this stuff, but it ain't broke so I don't tear it apart, ya know? Ask some more biology questions, though. That was funny! Good contest!

Congrats, MyKroft! I actually already have a lvl 10 on the way, I just wanted to test my knowledge.