PDA

View Full Version : Just got emag but have problem need hlp plz

T$'sMechamT/A
06-25-2002, 03:12 PM
i just got a micro emag and when in electric mode i can really start to shoot at insane speeds, but then the electric part fails and the led sometimes will turn on and off and on and off again, it will have misc. pixels illuminated, and/or it will just stop firing all together. i dont know if possible i have a loose wire or something else is wrong. unfortunatly i am a automag newb so as simple instructions as possible would be greatly appreciated
thanks a lot
trevor

FrAuStY
06-25-2002, 03:58 PM
Sounds to me like the board may be damaged.. I'd call AGd's tech line and see what they say. There is a way to bring up the Flash version. They'll walk you through everything.

BlackVCG
06-25-2002, 06:02 PM
Here's what you need to do.

Unscrew the three screws from the grip panel on the left side of the gun. Set those aside and you'll see the board and solenoid. Take a 3/32" allen wrench and tighten the board retention screw in the middle of the board at the bottom. If you notice that the screw was loose, then that means you had a loose ground and most likely that was your problem.

If the screw was tight, take the mainbody off of the gun by unscrew the front frame screw that is just in front of the trigger and goes vertical into the mainbody. It's a black screw and uses a 1/8" allen wrench. Also, unscrew the field strip screw at the back of the gun to remove the valve with the same allen wrench. On the right side of the gun will be a screw going into the mainbody Unscrew that, it's the pivot rod for the sear. Now you can lift up on the mainbody.

Now you'll just have the grip frame and the battery. Remove the battery via the field strip screw. You'll see a red wire on the top side of the frame running up to where the battery was. Make sure that the screw and nut holding down that wire are tight and that you have a nylon washer on both sides of the frame. If that's tight, the next thing to move onto is the HES wires.

On the left side of the grip frame will be a black plastic piece held down by an allen screw. Using your 3/32" allen wrench, unscrew that silver screw and lift off the black piece. You'll see three wires running to a little black chip that is bent at 90 degrees away from you. Unplug the three wire connector that goes to the center of the board and route it out the back side of the frame (You'll need to take off the back grip). Lift out the wires that are held in the frame where you removed the plastic cover from and check the solder connections at the black chip. If anything looks bad, then call AGD.

Reassemble the gun and see if what you did fixed the problem, If you still get the same problem there's other things to check, but I'll wait to see how these attempts worked out for you before I explain anymore.

Let me know how things work out and if you don't feel comfortable doing any of this, then call AGD and they'll take care of it for you.

jeradn325
06-27-2002, 05:01 PM
my e-mag had the same problem but then i took off the grip and tightened the ground screw and it worked great.

T$'sMechamT/A
06-29-2002, 02:25 PM
thanks for the initial advice. i finally got a chance to sit down and try all that stuff. unfortunatly i still have the same problem. so if you could tell me the other stuff to check i would greatly appreciate it.

ps. thanks for keeping it idiot proof