PDA

View Full Version : First day out with E-Magnum

Jacob
06-25-2002, 03:25 PM
My SFL is now almost perfect. Sunday I had my first oppurtunity to play with MPP's E-Magnum board installed.
Here's what my setup included:
SFL (silver matte because pretty makes it shoot better)
45/45 flatline
12v warp run off e-mag battery
HALO (not B yet will be when i'm willing to let it go for a week)
14 in Freak
and of course the E-Magnum
Also I experimented with an off gun mounting for my battery as I would love to work out a gas thru grip and get my air line away from my trigger hand. No problems with that:)

On to the details:
When my team first got to the Stingers Outdoor, I of course had to try out the obvious. Full auto. I gassed Precious up brought her out onto the vacant field (couldn't get anybody to stand out there and er.. "observe") Played with the trigger to get it set up. And let a quick volley loose at a bunker. 20 bps had a clean bunker looking like the day was half over in well under two seconds.
Several comments came through the netting including OMG, Holy ****, ****, and many things that would be rude to type, even in asterix.
Only a few problems with this. First, when you shoot in FA for more than a few balls, the business end of the marker tends to kick up like an unbroken stallion. Second, for longer than a very short burst the HALO couldn't keep up with it and I would wind up with a chop (HALO B time) And also if I have to give any more demonstrations of this I'm going to have to start charging spectators for the paint. 20 balls can very quickly become nearly a buck a minute.
When games started a tear came to my eye when I realized how much I missed the sweetness that is SFL. I had been playing with an old school RT with 68/45 Apoc for a few weeks, and as if the weight loss wasn't good enough, the trigger was like butter. On pure electro the trigger pull was amazingly short, and I haven't even had a chance to fine tune it yet. In hybrid it was unbelievable. My dad had the audacity to think that he could move up on me and a guy with a phantom. About half way through his move the Phantom got him once in the leg and he thought I shot him once in the chest. It wasn't until we got home that he was able to count the whelts, and sure enough there were two. Only a few inches apart. Within a fraction of a second. Al through the day I had very few breaks, which is exceptional as part of my paint was wicked old 32 Degrees Competition, and I usually chop as quickly as someone on Iron Chef.
Mad props go out to Don and Butters at MPP. Other than level 10 and HALO B, it can't get any better.

Also, with the Flatline over the chrono, first two were 290's. After that it all leveled off. 281, 282, 281, 281, 282.. I think you get the point. When I was using my Apocalypse I was luck if I could keep it +- 10 fps. Tom, might I say, you the man.

Jacob

RT_Luver
06-25-2002, 04:02 PM
AWESOME...this makes me want my extreme EVEN MORe. I'm gunna have to get me wanna these babies:D