PDA

View Full Version : rt mag balls hanging up in the feed

Benito
06-25-2002, 05:31 PM
I picked up a used rt about 6mos ago and have yet to get through a game without it becoming a blender I also have a 68 that hasn't ever had any problems at all I have sent the marker back to agd and they replaced all seals on/off pin .745 spacer.215,bolt & they said it worked great but when I got it back it seemed that single shots would get hung up on the bolt but if it was fired under rapid fire it would work good any one have an answer ?

BlackVCG
06-25-2002, 05:44 PM
Do you have a Parabolic PF plug in that RT? If you don't know how to identify if it is or not, look at the handle of the PF plug. In the top of the handle will be two holes with set screws in them. If those aren't there, then you have an old plug and need to get the new PF plug.

That will most likely fix your problems. If you already have the new PF plug, then check to make sure that the plug hangs over the edge of the PF hole by just 1/16" of an inch or so. Too far and it will cause balls to hang up and too far out and paint will snag on the edge of the PF hole. You can adjust the seating depth of the PF plug with the two set screws.

If you don't have the new plug it can be ordered from the AGD online store for $2, or you can call them and give them your guns serial number and ask nicely for a Parabolic PF Plug and they'll send one to you if you haven't got one for free yet.

Benito
06-25-2002, 05:53 PM
I do have a parabolic plug and when the balls get stuck it looks like it is halfway into the breech and gets caught up on the edge of the bolt I even got some jt maxim balls to make shure they were round and it would get stuck so hard that I would have to push it in with my finger to make it work.

BlackVCG
06-25-2002, 06:07 PM
Then try pulling out on the PF plug very slowly when the balls are "stuck" if it allows them to drop in, then your seating depth of the plug is too deep. Screw in the set screws the same amount to the point that you can see the bottom edge of the PF plug hole and then screw them back out just to the point that you don't see it anymore.

Benito
06-25-2002, 06:13 PM
I pulled the plug all the way out and it still was stuck like i said it was so stuck that I had to push it into the marker with my finger it is almost as if the balls arent moving into the marker itself when i gas up the marker the bolt itself seems to move forward between 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch it looks like it is getting caught on the bolt

Mav D MagMan
06-25-2002, 06:36 PM
Could it be the bolt spring is worn out and not pushing the bolt back far enough/not holding enough pressure against it?

Mav
(just a guess, don't hate me for it)

Benito
06-25-2002, 06:45 PM
the spring has been changed out with a new one and that didnt seem to do anything what is weird is that in rapid firing mode it doesnt seem to get hung up atleast not as much the only bad part about that is it is kinda hard to snapshoot in the multiple burst mode