PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Frame-Warp-Revvy

NPP
06-26-2002, 12:25 PM
I've been trying to get a complete Intellifeed set up but are having problems with a signal coming back from my Revvy to the Hyperframe.

Here's the set up:-

Hyper Frame to Warp, fires with intellifeed without problems.
Spliced from the same cables to the Revvy. Revvy spins when the trigger is pulled, however, when the eye cuts in it sends a signal back to the Hyper to fire. NOT GOOD!

Now I have had this set up working with a 9V Autofeed with a small diode (IN5817 written on the side) in the cable to prevent the signal going back to the frame. With the 12V Revvy the signal seems to be boosted and the diode isn't strong enough to prevent the frame from firing.

All this means either no intellifeed or a marker that goes mad when the Revvy runs out!!

Any ideas??

68 Mini Mag
Warp with twin battery Mod
12V Revvy
Freak System Barrels
WGP Ergo Reg
Centre Flags 4500PSI Fixed output
Level 10 Mod as of this weekend!

hitech
06-26-2002, 12:34 PM
Actually, it sounds like the diode is to LARGE. Big diodes will still conduct "backwards" up to about 1/2 volt. Also, are you sure you have the diode installed correctly? Did you double check it with a meter? Using a diode to block the signal back to the hyperframe should work.

NPP
06-27-2002, 02:05 AM
Not being an electronics expert means most things are trial and error! I have had the setup working with the current diode and an autofeed and haven't changed the diode or connections, so I'm assuming it is possible with the Revvy just the change of voltage is causing the problem.

The cable also runs to the warp but this doesn't trigger when the Revvy eye cuts in, just the frame.

NPP
07-04-2002, 02:17 AM
Now checked the wiring with a meter.

I am getting a negative voltage of about 4.7v from the frame until the trigger fires, this then falls to 0. From the revvy there is a negative voltage of 17.7v!?!

I can't see that this is ever going to be compatible.