PDA

View Full Version : AGD Lions logo design contest

Troy
06-26-2002, 01:01 PM
Attention AOers,

AGD Lions are making team jerseys and we need your help with the logo. Design the winning logo and you will have your choice of a WARP FEED or a FREAK set. The logo cannot contain the colors pink or orange. Attached is a rough idea of what I want, but feel free to come up with your own ideas. This contest will run for one week. You can PM your entries to me or email me at [email protected].

Thank you,

AGD Lions

All entries will become property of AGD Lions. We reserve the right to run this contest however we see fit...

wyn1370
06-26-2002, 01:05 PM
You might want to lay down some ground rules for this one. Like how to submit, what type of file to use, size, etc.
and it's always good to throw in the legal disclaimers (we reserve the right to change the rules at any time, any artwork submitted will become property of AGD lions and such).

magman007
06-26-2002, 01:25 PM
Troy, i love the idea, Also, will you please be putting them into production? i have seen alot of innovation form your team. First Tim comes out with the blade trigger for the e-mag, something we all have wanted for some time now, and now jersey's, the one thing about every one here on ao wants. id be willing to put out 60 bux for one. Please consider my proposal, evn if i can talk you into just makin one for me, id be happy, because all of ao wants an agd jersy.

Will Wood
06-26-2002, 02:16 PM
no orange? Isn't your lion orange? lol..Just installed PSP on this computer making one now.

Patron God of Pirates
06-26-2002, 02:57 PM
I'm assuming he wants us to just post the designs here. So I'm going to run the risk that you run by making assumptions and do that......

The orange thing confused me a bit as well, I'm assuming it has something to do with the color of paint. Lions are composed almost entirely out of shades of orange, so I did one using a color scheme similar to what is presented:

Patron God of Pirates
06-26-2002, 03:01 PM
And one with a somewhat less...... natural look....

Both are made with shades using only three colors. I don't know if it can be done that way for jersey printing, but other option (solid patterns etc.) can be persued to achieve similar effects. Of course this only matters if # of colors is an issue.

PaInTbAlLeR476
06-26-2002, 03:20 PM
patron that looks really sweet(the blue purple one) i think the contest should end and you take his.

marley618
06-26-2002, 03:49 PM
here is mine

marley618
06-26-2002, 03:50 PM
How do i get rid of all of the white space around it?

marley618
06-26-2002, 03:56 PM
another

marley618
06-26-2002, 04:06 PM
another

marley618
06-26-2002, 04:14 PM
As you can see I really want to win this since I can't afford anything, not even lvl 10 :(
At least I'm learning a lot more about photoshop as I do this stuff.

Edit: Can someone tell me how to make pictures bigger and smaller? I don't know how.

OldSchoolMag
06-26-2002, 04:23 PM
Contest over! Oh yeah!

OSM

Post Script - I vote for Patron God of Pirates' - seriously man, you have real talent! Nice!

rolo2169
06-26-2002, 05:23 PM
here is mine

Evil Emperor
06-26-2002, 05:44 PM
Somthing simple, better one to come

RT_Luver
06-26-2002, 06:28 PM
I wish i coyld learn to use photoshop that well, I'm not very inclined at drawing

dre1919
06-26-2002, 06:29 PM
Here's my first one. I'll be hard at work making more this week...must get prizes....

Jezus
06-26-2002, 06:39 PM
Remmember this is the first ive used this prog in a while.

Evil Emperor
06-26-2002, 06:57 PM
Here the better one. Just remember it can always be changed and modified

shartley
06-26-2002, 07:08 PM
Majorly edited so that people would not be offended.

1) There are reasons why no other design contest on AO allowed posting of the entries until the voting phase.
2) There are MANY VERY talented Artists and Designers on AO. (I hope you get my meaning.)
3) Rules are for a reason.. and I see no real rules here.. as was mentioned, you need disclaimers and property ownership statements at a minimum… that is unless you want some legal issues to bite you in the rear.

Maybe a bit more thought should have been given to this contest and not just tossed here on the forum…

Added: Plus I would be willing to bet we are seeing a LOT of copyrighted material here. This is not for “fun” (as in Signature Images and personal stuff) it is for a Sponsored Team. You can not just take some picture of a lion you find someplace and put AGD on it and consider it an acceptable entry. Again, unless you want to run into legal issues.

Just something to think about. Hey, it is not my team or company that would have to handle the issues should they arise. ;)

xmetal2001
06-26-2002, 07:25 PM
*edit* Deleted Entry, PMed You */edit*

rikkter
06-26-2002, 07:31 PM
http://www.rikkter.com/images/agdlion1.bmp
http://www.rikkter.com/images/agdlions2.bmp
i'll most likely make more.

Evil Emperor
06-26-2002, 07:55 PM
And heres another one.

Evil Emperor
06-26-2002, 08:24 PM
Shartley does have a point. But Troy didnt say there would be any voting, he just said "we need your help with the logo". And the copy right thing, Im not shure what the laws are for clip art. But it would be a good idea to get someone to do some of there own work.

pumpamatic
06-26-2002, 08:26 PM
Here's mine, it's just an idea, you can refine it from here:

darklord
06-26-2002, 08:49 PM
If it were a person, instead of a lion, I might have a chance at this! argh! :o I think SHartley makes a point about the whole copyright thing, though. Good luck to the rest of you!

Evil Emperor
06-26-2002, 10:54 PM
WOW I finaly one with out clip art! Its more of an idea and an entry so if it inspires you good. If you want a pic of my cat (Cindy) let me know.

Danny77
06-26-2002, 11:13 PM
Ive noticed that most all design contests entries are computer generated. And for the first time Ive read one b4 its over.

Anyway, Im a pretty good artist, and Im wondering if I could draw a picture?

Danny77
06-26-2002, 11:15 PM
oh yeah...would you rather have the lion look fierce or noble?

pbstu
06-26-2002, 11:15 PM
hey Troy, we need some more guidlines here, and i dont really wanna post here, is there anywhere we can send them, email address??

stu.

pumpamatic
06-26-2002, 11:21 PM
Here's another one, no fancy clip art just good ol paint, and again more of an idea which can be refined:

Potatoboy
06-26-2002, 11:26 PM
I somewhat agree with Shartley.

(Something I didn't think I'd ever say after this morning! ;))

I have a few designs I've come up witht that I'd like to submit.
I will not until Troy lets us know *how* he'd like submissions!

SteveD
06-27-2002, 07:52 AM
Here's some rules\guidelines for the contest, as requested by a few here that thought this out better than we had. Please PM your designs to Troy (the guy who posted the thread) and we'll put up all the entries later for everyone to view. The winning entries become property of the AGD Lions. Please do not use copyrighted clip-art in your designs (I guess that could be a problem later). The team will, most likely, decide on the design but we may ask for a little help in the way of a vote. Thanks to all that have submitted designs so far. Keep up the good work.

Steve D
AGD Lions

Will Wood
06-27-2002, 12:32 PM
Thanks, I'll start tonight.

cphilip
06-27-2002, 03:25 PM
Steve, we have some guys with designs that are not hosted up to the net now. So PM is not going to work for them. They could post em up here but we aren't a host site and that was a problem too as stated before. It would be simpler to have these few email you the pictures in those cases. So can you tell them what email to send them too?

SteveD
06-27-2002, 03:53 PM
TROY! Time to jump in here and give them an email address to send to. Otherwise you can send them to [email protected] and we'll get them all together. Thanks.

SteveD
AGD Lions

nuclear zombie
06-28-2002, 06:18 AM
how about this ?
Just kidding....

nuclear zombie
06-28-2002, 06:23 AM
Ok we have until July 3 correct? I'm working on something actually really cool . To the moderators , sorry about my previous picture I came across it while looking for ideas , couldn't resist posting it . Back to working on an image now .

later
nuke

shartley
06-28-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by nuclear zombie
Ok we have until July 3 correct? I'm working on something actually really cool . To the moderators , sorry about my previous picture I came across it while looking for ideas , couldn't resist posting it . Back to working on an image now .

later
nuke
This just baffles me.... A good rule of thumb is that if you even THINK you may need to apologize for posting something.. DON'T POST IT.

It only shows lack of self control or total lack of common sense... what has been happening to AO lately?

(Note: Do I personally find that picture offensive? No, I watch the Wildlife Channel all the time. But do I find it appropriate? Not by a long shot.)
:rolleyes:

Danny77
06-28-2002, 10:06 AM
hehe...let me guess...he posted a pic of 2 lions "mating"...heh.

Am I a psychic?;)

Potatoboy
09-05-2002, 05:06 AM
Ok...
Time to resurrect this thread..

Has anything come of this yet?

I remember seeing a thread saying a winner would be announced, but the design could not be used. Does anyone have any more information?

nuclear zombie
09-05-2002, 06:21 AM
i don't know what happened to it , but here is something i found I had made sometime back.

pbstu
09-05-2002, 03:05 PM
ya lets see a winner for this, keep it at the top so troy sees it.

stu.

Patron God of Pirates
09-05-2002, 04:07 PM
Ah, the contest that wasn't. Can we get an official word on what happened here? Troy? Steve? anybody?