PDA

View Full Version : Best RT Barrel

Guyver13
06-26-2002, 03:54 PM
What is the best aftermarket barrel you can buy for a RT?
I've been considing the Smart Parts Big Daddy.

OldSchoolMag
06-26-2002, 03:57 PM
Freak System. All barrels of the same bore size will perform the same. The Freak is the best because it can match all bore sizes to your paint so that you get accurate shots on all kinds of paint. It runs you about $200 for the whole set, but it well worth it. People swear by it. But if you're looking for just a run of the mill barrel, check bore sizes to see what kind of barrel you need. By the way, the Standard RT barrel is quite good on its own.

OSM

Guyver13
06-26-2002, 04:00 PM
Really,
I have buddy that has a freak system and hates it. I'm looking for a medium bore, barrel for area $150

OldSchoolMag
06-26-2002, 04:08 PM
Some of the older ones had bad kits every here and there, but nothing big. The new ones are as reliable as... well, almost as reliable as an AGD product. And for $150, I don't think there's a person on this forum that wouldn't agree with me in saying you should save your money and buy a multi bore barrel system. I've shot plenty of Freaks and even a CP kit or two, and have NEVER had a problem with any of them. They are the best upgrade you can buy IMHO. If you buy a $150 medium bore barrel, you'll just need to do the same for small and large.

OSM

Edit: Also, isn't the Stock RT barrel medium bore? .689, if I remember correctly. Please, correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Guyver13
06-26-2002, 04:11 PM
Yes I believe that the stock barrel is medium bore. I'm just looking for something to give me a little more range. Where I play the games tend to be long ballers

magman007
06-26-2002, 04:19 PM
yea osm your right, and it is the greatest barrel i ever shot. i loved mine

marley618
06-26-2002, 04:29 PM
If you want a good barrel for a good price.. get a J&J Ceramic. $35 at www.firstcallpaintball.com that's what i use and its great, really quiet. And it's a medium size bore.

OldSchoolMag
06-26-2002, 04:41 PM
Guyver, I gotta tell ya right now before this turns into a huge flame - no barrel will increase your range other than the Flatline barrel. If you shoot with a J&J, a Freak, a Boomstick, or the Stock, you'll shoot exactly the same range as long as your shooting at the same velocity. It doesn't matter how long the barrel is, or how many elves it has, the range will be the same all around if it is 10" or 16".

If you're looking to get into a long balling game, pick up a Tippy Flatline or crank up your velocity (if it's legal). Otherwise, you should learn to play hyperball. It's been my experience that the only longballing play has been in rec, a little in scenario, and in the first few seconds of tourny games, but that rarely counts, because it then turns to speedball. If you can get a long baller in a speedball game, then you've got the advantage. Just run like hell up to the bunker and start snap shooting. They'll get the idea that they can't long ball you when you're shooting their support from the 50.

Hope this helps, and trust me - look into a multi bore barrel system.

OSM

HyperSnyper
06-26-2002, 04:52 PM
Many may say that they are over priced, but no one will ever disagree they they are damn good barrels. NO ONE.

Its a very high tech barrel after all, 3 stage process. The ball will first pass the "D" stage, then be processed over to the "Y" stage. Its finishing stage, as it passes the "E" the ball has developed a true flight and increased range.

This is what gives it its performance edge over other barrels, D-Y-E technology :D .

-Hyper

Hobbs
06-26-2002, 05:22 PM
clever explination hyper

RT_Luver
06-26-2002, 06:32 PM
I love the freak, great barrel IMO. the only aftermarket barrel I would buy

rolo2169
06-26-2002, 06:35 PM
Freak all the way!!!

Coaster
06-26-2002, 06:50 PM
Get a lapco bigshot and a lapco autospirit for a total of under 100. They are the most accurate barrels, and are very gas efficient. Also, the automag rt barrel has a very large bore.

Daroach
06-26-2002, 07:35 PM
I had an RT Pro for about 6 months and I prolly went through about 7 different barrels before I found "the one".
It was a DYE SS 12" bore .690, that barrel was the shiznit!

xmetal2001
06-26-2002, 09:30 PM
I'm going to say the same thing as OldSchoolMag. Get an adj. bore barrel system(freak, CP, etc.) Same bore size barrels will shoot the same except for efficency and noise level.

MrShutter
06-26-2002, 11:16 PM
I'd say go with an Equation MS Barrel System. They are hella nice...better than the Freak IMO.

mykroft
06-26-2002, 11:18 PM
Freak, best barrel kit on the market.

If not, go SP AA, or J&J Edge.

DYE Barrels are 2-stage, excellent, but way overpriced.

Guyver13
07-10-2002, 01:06 PM
I just want to thank everybody, especially oldschoolmag on all of you input. You've helped me alot.

land hurricane
07-10-2002, 01:11 PM
Hey OSM thanks for clearing up that issue i was about to say that before i read your post.

Ityl
07-10-2002, 02:17 PM
After trying many a barrels, the bigshot is the best barrel for the price. It shoots as good as the AA and broomstick. If you shoot small paint sometimes get the autospirit too. Great barrels for great prices.

PS - at one time all I would shoot was the AA.