PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Micrococker

HyperSnyper
06-26-2002, 05:06 PM
I know its wierd to be asking this here, but...

My friend wants to get a Cocker just recently owning a Piranha EXT. I tried to get him to get a Mag (I even told him about lvl 10) but the Evil Cocker owners got to him first :) . Anyways, rather than arguing with him, I told him to try something a bit different and get a Pro Team Micrococker. That way we can both have Miro guns.

I just wanted everyone's concensus on it. Since the bolt is integrated with the Hammer, there is no need for a back block and one less thing to F up.

Whats are the flaws of the gun? What are the benefits? I have only seen one Micrococker ever in my entire paintball time. It was a Jungle Nights anno Micro with a Sandridge conversion. Looked sweet and the owner was really ripping it up in the chrono station, never had a chance to play against it.

LMK.

-Hyper

magman007
06-26-2002, 05:11 PM
no experience with em, but i guess your buddy is gonna want to upgrade isnt he? just get him to go with a stock cocker, have him save money for upgrading, i just kno thats what hees gonna want to do. there isnt much you can do to ugrade the micro. but they are supposed to be formidable cockers

RT_Luver
06-26-2002, 06:35 PM
I've seen one B4 at my field. it didn't work very well. but for the guns excuse, the owner of it was 9 years old, so I'm guessin that explains alot. most of the time, he was sittin outta game s workin on it(well the field owner was and he was watchin)

Telefragged
06-26-2002, 07:27 PM
Micro-Cockers are...er... "not as visually appealing" as some markers. With the back half of the bolt gone, they jsut look strange, they are quick though! Lower reciprocating mass (in the form of the bolt and now mostly noexistent backblock) means less kick, and a fast cycle time, lower mass > less inertia. I think that if he wants one, cool. Just get a good Anno and good looking parts to offset the oddness.

Polishpickles451
06-26-2002, 08:52 PM
i think they look pretty cool. I'm gonna get a cocker just to see what it's like, and I'm getting one of these.

z-grip
06-26-2002, 09:00 PM
they are neat i got to fire one at a feild i was visiting in jersey, they dont make aftermarket bolts for them, i pretty sure anyways. nice trigger pull, but they dont make them anymore. which bites the big one, becouse i want one a great deal. they aso make a very cool and distinct sound. hope this helps

mykroft
06-26-2002, 11:29 PM
Don''t waste the money. The powerfeed is unecessary, and the rest of the marker is unspectacular in performance.

go Stock V/F or that new KAPP side-feed, much better deals.

ShinyGuy
06-27-2002, 02:02 AM
What I have heard (no personal experience) is that micro-cockers have some "issues". I would say wait for the Racegun halfblock cockeror the new pro-team version (rumor has it that they have a vert feed version in the works+some bug fixes).

InfinatyBPS
06-27-2002, 02:29 AM
Microcockers are discontinued, and they still have a backblock and the hammer and bolt aren't connected, if they were you would be better off just getting a spyder...

triggerman
06-27-2002, 04:55 AM
The benifit to the micro is that they weigh less have a shortes pump rod and on cocking rod. I shot a f5 one and it killed as for a stock one you got me.

dansim
06-27-2002, 06:32 AM
i owned one fo ra while and it was nothing but a pain in the as... well you get the idea look into something else for teh same price they are simply not worth the headache ask wheelman, oh and maghog turned my old one into the tlc cocker