PDA

View Full Version : how many BPS are you getting with your retro

AcemanPB
06-26-2002, 05:58 PM
i'm looking into increasing my ROF with my mag, and it looks like the only way to do it is by getting a RT valve.

so my question to all of you is... how many bps are you getting and what is your input PSI, and does it lighten the trigger pull by much, because i really don't want to go electro cause they're no fun, but if i can't find a good way to increase my ROF i might have to.

ps. please don't tell me to get an E-mag because i can't afford one right now :D

AssassN
06-26-2002, 06:06 PM
i use RT00069 and i have my input at 900. a little high but it works nice. about speed let me say this:

1. a kid thought i was shooting an e-mag.

2. I had a team of people sponsered by WGP become impressed with my ROF

3. last but not least during the night fight at D-Day i was shooting in to a flashlight so all people could see were paintballs flying out of my gun. My friend said it was the coolest thing he ha ever seen and that people stopped shooting to watch me with my RT. So i don't know how true taht is but my Friend Josh and Chris both said it looked like a gun on full auto.

I highly recomend the retro valve.:D :D

thanks AGD for such a cool product.

RT_Luver
06-26-2002, 06:24 PM
I ran mine at 750 and could easily puill strings of 13-14 bps. i had MNAY timmy, cocker, and angel users impressed and I go accused of using FA a couple times

AcemanPB
06-26-2002, 07:06 PM
well it looks good so far, i've heard several problems about how to chorno it and stuff, whats with that?

shartley
06-26-2002, 07:12 PM
well it looks good so far, i've heard several problems about how to chorno it and stuff, whats with that?
Do you mean as in HOW to do it correctly? I think it is like shoot and HOLD, then release and shoot as fast as you can and hold. This is opposed to shot and release, shoot and release. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

mellofello
06-26-2002, 09:28 PM
Yep, shartley is right, but a little confusing. From what i understand, the valve recharges so fast that the air flowing into the valve after being emptied actually heats up and gives you a higher velocity due to the hotter air (gasses with higher temperatures have higher volumes). So when you chrono, you want to get your highest velocity possible to avoid "hot gun" penalties. You pull the trigger once and hold it back. then you release quickly and pull again as fast as you can. This gives you your highest FPS reading.
As to lighter trigger pull, i dont know. My RT is the first mag ive ever owned, but the trigger puyll is not all that light: Very short (roughly 1 mm), but not light. The bonus to the RT valve is not a lightened trigger, but MUCH faster trigger return time. I run a preset tank at 850, the trigger weight is relatively high- about that of a spyder. when my tank gets under 1000 psi, my trigger pressure goes WAY down too- but the trigger isnt as reactive. just something to think about.
Hope that helped.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
06-26-2002, 10:43 PM
the retro is a cool product and i like it.

But most of the kids that are at my feild with retro mags or rts are so blah. They have all these setups halos intell warps retros. But they suck... they so spray and pray its sad. SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM.. reload SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM.. then you bunker them and they think its the guns fault :( And you people say its only with electros.

GEE GEE RUNAWAY

clanger
06-27-2002, 01:04 AM
I can get like 5-6 balls per second tops with my RT valve. I'm not a big trigger puller, I try to burst and make my shots count. Also I'm using a standard single triger from the 68automag. I love the valve's reactive trigger and the push it gives me. That push helps me focus on consistant and full pulls of the trigger. No half stroking it for me.

chris(a happy rt user)

rehme
06-28-2002, 09:45 PM
i can get like 8-10 bps on the retro, but when you find the sweet spot on the trigger it goes crazy! It sounds like a E-mag going 20 of course this is just air intill the lvl 10 comes out and then i can play like that. The onwner does not care if i shoot like that because he has a Dark ir3.