PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe?

AWautomag
06-26-2002, 07:58 PM
Is the Hyperframe any good? What are your facts and opinions on it?

InvisibleBill
06-26-2002, 08:13 PM
Howdy...My personal opinion on the hyperframe is that it isn't worth the money. If I had the money, I would get the retro valve, it would easily out shoot the hyperframe. And, IMO, having an "electro" gun gun is highly over rated. If you feel that having the hyper frame would be the best help though, get it. Rock on, IB.

keg8048
06-27-2002, 11:54 AM
I purchased my hyperframe/Mini-Mag combo as soon as it came out. I have kept my firing rate at 8 BPS, as anything over that had the tendancy to chop balls. I have been very impressed with the hyperframe. With easily 60,000+ shots through the gun, The only problems I have had with the hyperframe are a short in the wiring, causing the BPS rate to reset to 13bps occationaly, and I had to reattach a battery wire when the connection let go.

I had heard reports of abnormal sear assembly wear with the hyperframe, but only reciently replaced the assembly on mine (with that many shots, I feel this was not abnormal.)

As a middle or back player, I like the rate of fire, and hair-trigger pull of the hyperframe, which makes it deadly accurate. The price tag was a little high, but when it first came out, the hyperframe was the "only game in town" as far as the mag-aftermarket electro triggers went. I would look at the less expensive types (Boo-Yah for example ) if I had to replace my hyperframe.

I am now shooting the hyperframe with a retro valve/ mini-mag and 12" Freak barrel setup and can sustain 13 BPS, incredibly accurate with no problem. The retro valve shoots even faster when using a standard trigger, but I have grown accustomed to the light trigger pull of the hyperframe, and continue to use it. Besides, I use too much paint shooting faster than 9 BPS so the hyperframe acually helps keep me reigned in!

"Keg"
Langley AFB, VA

minimag187
06-27-2002, 02:18 PM
I only paid $250 brand new, i like it very much. Very nice trigger pull, steadys my aim. The retro/intelli combo is nice also, but expensive. There is really no need for a retro with the hyperframe unless u want more consistency and less shootdown (i dont really have much shootdown).

rjvemt1
06-27-2002, 02:27 PM
it would easily out shoot the hyperframe i dissagree, my hyperframe is very fast and worth every penny. it is the evolutionary equivatant the switch from pump to semi imo.

InvisibleBill
06-30-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by rjvemt1
i dissagree, my hyperframe is very fast and worth every penny. it is the evolutionary equivatant the switch from pump to semi imo.
The hyper frame can only shot as fast as your AIR valve. Thats around 14 balls per second. The retro valve can do 24 bps. With a hyper frame, the retro is nice. Alone, the retro valve still kicks the hyperframes' bum for max balls per second. This makes the retro vavle IMO better, though it is just an opinion, so take it for what its worth. Rock on IB.

~WarpedRT~
07-01-2002, 12:02 AM
Maximum balls per second doesnt me anything. No one will ever shoot an RT at 26 rounds per second, or most likely even 13, but an Angel can. It's the fact that electros reach their maximum faster taht makes them seem so much better. It's true, no gun in the world can actually recharge 26 times a second besides the retro valve, but since no one can shoot that fast, what does it matter? Being able to reach your maximum rate of fire doesnt matter either, its how fast you reach it.

benji331
07-01-2002, 02:24 AM
Hey minimag187, where did you find a hyper for 250? i've been all over searching for the cheapest. All are a little over 300.

Twin_Tables
07-01-2002, 11:24 AM
I have owned two Hyperframes and loved them both. Right it is possible to have a Hyperframe/retro combo on your gun, the major problem with that is you can't chrono correctly with it. If you had a Intella or stock frame on a retro, the correct way to chrono is to take a clearing shot, hold the trigger in so the air is cycling and then go over a chrono. You can do that with a Hyperframe because it doesn't hold the on/off in for you to do that so your velocity will be inconsistant unless you have it down around 220 or so. My opinon is to go with the Hyperframe. Yes a Retro has a faster recharge rate the stock AIR valve, but you should have no problems with that. I always kept my Hyperframe at 10 bps at least because when you go lower then that, you could have a tendancey to chop paint.

rjvemt1
07-09-2002, 09:59 PM
The retro valve can do 24 bps. With a hyper frame, the retro is nice. the retro can do 24 when its hooked up to a computer to fire it.search 'hyperframe with retro'the concencus seams to be some chrono problems that are very hard to overcome.
The hyper frame can only shot as fast as your AIR valve. Thats around 14 balls per second. do you think your fingers can beat this?the hf does have a computer limit of 13 bps that solves your shoot-down problem.if you need more than 13 bps than you have a problem that upgrades wont solve;)

Kdog
07-09-2002, 10:15 PM
Where can you find the hyper frame? Also can you get a blade trigger and grips like the ones from Dye (or just some nice wrap-arounds) for the hyper frame? To anybody who has this frame can you "walk" the trigger on it?

rjvemt1
07-09-2002, 10:52 PM
it has a double trigger so it can be walked quite easily.it has a lcd screen so any after market grip has to have the sealed cutout for the screen. as for a rap-around grip,the 9v batt makes the grip thicker, so unles you have pretty big hands a costum rap-around grip may be too big.you should be able to get one from your local pb dealer.or look on the misc. pb gear forum here.